Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Episode Renamer (v1.5b2)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic
Ace_NoOne
  • Members
  • 299 posts
  • Last active: May 02 2008 08:19 AM
I just wrote a little script to assist me in renaming episodes of TV shows.
What I do is to grab the episode titles from some website, import them into Excel to construct a proper pattern* and copy the 'well-formed' episdoe list to a simple plain-text file. (Sound complicated, but it's actually quite quick to do - quicker than including this function in the script itself, at least. :O )
Then the script reads this file (one episode title per line), and by pressing [F12], the currently selected file is assigned the proper episode name.

Here's the source code, but I've also created an archive with a simple template.

* e.g. "[show title] - [season]x[episode] [episode title]"

[updated 2006-05-17]

Ace_NoOne
  • Members
  • 299 posts
  • Last active: May 02 2008 08:19 AM
I've updated the script to version 1.5b2. (Yes, that's a beta version - but the basic functions all seem to work fine.)

The new version changes the renaming process from having to press a hotkey for each individual file in Windows Explorer to automatically processing all selected files (the previous method was prone to errors). Also, there is now an option to automatically add episode codes (e.g. "05x12" for episode 12 of season 5) and to manually enter episode titles (instead of having to create a respective text file first).
I'd still have to work on the usability aspects, as the current version uses cumbersome sequences of input boxes, and some features are more or less hidden (e.g. you can only manually enter the titles by not selecting a source file for the titles).
Plus, the help section needs to be updated, which I couldn't be bothered to do yet.

Overall, the code probably needs quite a bit of clean-up, maybe even a complete rewrite with regard to the greatly different way the whole thing works now.

Download links in the first posting have been updated accordingly.