Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

Nero-Backup via command line (or batch file)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:

cls
@echo off
C:\Programme\Ahead\Nero\nerocmd.exe --write --drivename d --speed 16 --real --tao --disable_eject --underrun_prot --iso backup --create_iso_fs "F:\downloads\*.*" --recursive --close_session --verify --nero_log_timestamp --no_user_interaction
pause
exit

That batch can be easily converted to pure AHK code.
Approach is to burn all files from one folder without using Nero's Frontend.

You've to change ...

a) the drivename
B) the drivespeed
c) the destination folder

Code has been taken from PC-Magazin 08/04 p. 141

savage
  • Members
  • 207 posts
  • Last active: Jul 03 2008 03:12 AM
I love nero's cmdline. I don't actually use the front end at all anymore. I made custom buttons in Directory Opus that use nerocmd to burn the selected files as data or as music, or to burn the selected image on cd or dvd. It's very handy.

4man
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Once you have backed-up your files to the DVD, how do you restore files back to your hard drive?

Laszlo
  • Moderators
  • 4713 posts
  • Last active: Mar 31 2012 03:17 AM
...it happened in a country, where English is not commonly spoken. One day the director of the computing center had something urgent to check on their mainframe, so he went down to the computer room. He was told that the daily backup was running, but it would finish in a couple of minutes, and he could do then, what he wanted. Sure enough, in two minutes a message popped up on the main console, saying that "Backup Failed". The director asked the operator, what went wrong. "Nothing", he said. "This is the massage we always get, when the backup is finished".

I was told that making regular backups is important. But nobody told me that restoring data is important, too. So, why do you care? Just make those damn backups, and you will sleep well. :lol: