Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

Open Comcast web based mail server in Firefox

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic
Frostyfriday
  • Guests
  • Last active:
;I hate jumping through Comcast hoops and looking at their adds!
;
;-----------------------------------------------------
;This script will allow you to press ESC+C to open your browser
; and log into Comcast and go directly to you inbox.
; (Tested using Firefox 1.5.0.3)
;
;Change yourusername and yourpasswd accourdingly...
;
; Writtend by Frostyfriday 06/05/05
;
ESC & C::
Run, Firefox.exe "https://webauth.comcast.net/auth/login?passurl=http://mailcenter.comcast.net&user=yourusername&passwd=yourpasswd&auto=y
return
;
;-----------------------------------------------------

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2012 10:09 PM
I suppose it can be useful. Of course, you can do more or less the same thing with a .url file...
Posted Image vPhiLho := RegExReplace("Philippe Lhoste", "^(\w{3})\w*\s+\b(\w{3})\w*$", "$1$2")

frostyfriday
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: May 05 2006 04:29 PM
I am not familiar with what you mean by a .url file.

Please enlighten me. Perhaps I am missing something.

Under Firefox, I was using a shortcut "m" for mail that I could then type into the browser followed immediatly by my password. This was an ok solution but I still had to ender my user name and password because I was not comfortable leaving my password in a favorite's keyword.

I am more comfortable that a virus on my computer will not be as likely to find my email password embedded in a Autohotkey script.

SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:
Dear frostyfroday, :)

A .URL file is created whenever you add a link to favourites / or right click on a page and select create a shortcut. ( IE examples)

To create a .URL file from a AHK script it would be a one liner. for eg.

IniWrite, https://webauth.comcast.net/auth/login?passurl=http://mailcenter.comcast.net&user=yourusername&passwd=yourpasswd&auto=y , %A_Desktop%\Comcast.url, InternetShortcut, URL

To run the URL file you may double click on it or call it from a script:

ESC & C::Run, %A_Desktop%\Comcast.url

The URL will be launched with the default browser.

Regards, :)
kWo4Lk1.png

frostyfriday
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: May 05 2006 04:29 PM
Thanks, I hadn't thought of that.

I am going to stick with how I have done it though beacause that way everything is in one place - AHK, and less prone to spying eyes that would then have access to my password...

-Frostyfriday

SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:
Dear frostyfriday, :)

I am going to stick with how I have done it though beacause that way everything is in one place - AHK, and less prone to spying eyes that would then have access to my password...

Sure!! I elaborated on .URL only because

I am not familiar with what you mean by a .url file.
Please enlighten me. Perhaps I am missing something.

Regards, :)
kWo4Lk1.png

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts
  • Last active: Nov 01 2014 03:23 PM

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that.

-Frostyfriday

Just a note: unless you compile your script your password is still only stored in plain text. I would suggest compiling your script and specifying a password using ahk2exe (Convert .ahk to .exe - in your Start menu) if you're concerned with your password being discovered. Of course, if someone can open a file to login with your username and password then your username and password is useless anyway though...

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2012 10:09 PM

Of course, if someone can open a file to login with your username and password then your username and password is useless anyway though...

Plus the password is clearly displayed in the address bar...
But the advice is sound noneless, leaving sensible information in plain text files isn't a good idea.
Posted Image vPhiLho := RegExReplace("Philippe Lhoste", "^(\w{3})\w*\s+\b(\w{3})\w*$", "$1$2")