Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Automating Winamp

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic
Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
I've added this page to the web site and help file that demonstrates Winamp automation. I use Winamp 2.78c myself, so only tested it out on that version. If any of you use Winamp and have an interest, take a look and let me know if you spot an areas for improvement.

Thanks to Rajat for his help with this.

cuzabis
  • Members
  • 45 posts
  • Last active: Sep 05 2007 09:14 PM
thanks

but in new winamp, there is global hotkeys already you can program :-)

but I see this is an older thread lol, I just wanted to point that out.... no one ever turns on their global hotkeys LOL

Clash
  • Members
  • 182 posts
  • Last active: Oct 26 2009 08:31 PM
I made a hotkey script for the hotkeys of winamp so i could schedule playing, stopping, pausing etc
Posted Image Posted Image

Guest_br
  • Guests
  • Last active:

but in new winamp, there is global hotkeys already you can program :-)

but I see this is an older thread lol, I just wanted to point that out.... no one ever turns on their global hotkeys LOL

Man, how could i've NEVER noticed that we could program them??? :shock:

omg.... hilarious.... after lots of reading and making my own ahk file work, i read that... hehehehe....

sorry to bump this old topic, but i'm laughing of myself a lot now for not knowing that... :p

thanks for the hint!! :wink:

TheGreatSwami Woo
  • Members
  • 237 posts
  • Last active: Jan 22 2012 03:31 PM
I still like to have my own AHK toolbar at the bottom of the screen so I can add extras like a button to open my playlists folder as well as the normal buttons for minimizing increasing/decreasing volume etc.

specter333
  • Members
  • 627 posts
  • Last active: Oct 07 2016 07:43 AM
I prefer using the winamp function library from jballi. Hotkeys can be troublesome if you have several apps running, so I try to avoid them.

Winamp does not need to be active to control it and you can use any input method, even hotkeys if you wish. I use the USBUIRT function library or TheGood's AHKHID function library depending on which remote I pick up. To simplify things all these libraries and more are included in my Easy Automation script.
I you need new version of any scripts I haven't re-uploaded yet feel free to pm me.