Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

An Advanced Technique.

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic
jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
  • Last active: Feb 24 2008 04:22 AM
Hehe... I didn't say you had to use it. It's just easier for me, partly because those are standard hotkeys that all tabbed applications I know of have. If you really don't like that extra (but sensible) shift, you could use the alternate hotkeys, also shown on my comprehensive hotkey list in the Firefox section:

Ctrl+Page down
Ctrl+Page up

Sometimes I also use a nifty feature of TBE (Tab Browser Extensions) which lets me use the mouse wheel to switch tabs while the mouse is over the tab bar. This feature is springing up in so many extensions lately it's acquired a name of it's own: tab rocking. I don't use it very much though, because I'm a major keyboard fan.

rainy
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Feb 23 2005 03:52 AM
Is there a way to send messages without using an ahk script?

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
A little google can be a wonderful thing... :lol:

What I found was quite interesting, so I posted in Utilities. Here's a link.

rainy
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Feb 23 2005 03:52 AM
that was fast.

• Guests
  • Last active:
For those of you playing around with Windows Messages, if you don't have the Windows SDK, you can download the Help-file here:

ftp://ftp.cs.virginia.edu/pub/lcc-win32/win32hlp.exe (12,9 MB)

PS: Wouldn't it be a good idea to collect the possible Windows Messages per application? That way noone needs to 'reinvent the wheel'...

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
On that note, has anyone ever played around with LiteStep (mainstream, 0.24.7)? I haven't been able to get anything useful from Winspector, but I'd really like to have more versatility than the existing hotkey system has. AutoHotkey + OTS2 = 8)

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM
this might be of use to someone, you can send mouse clicks to minimized windows (probably hidden too) using messages.

the code for left single click is 0x0201.

eg. open the C:\WINDOWS folder (mind the case) and run this:

PostMessage, 0x0201, 1, 6160707, FolderView, C:\WINDOWS

Chris, the updated list of messages that i recently posted (available at end of main post too) is very much improved and comprehensive... i think u should put that in the help file instead of the current one.

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

the updated list of messages that i recently posted (available at end of main post too) is very much improved and comprehensive... i think u should put that in the help file instead of the current one.

Do you mean this one:
http://www.angelfire...at/messages.txt

If so, it would help me if you or someone else could update the one at http://www.autohotke...MessageList.htm (because it has a different format).

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
Rajat, you wouldn't happen to know anything about Litestep, would you? I'm having no luck with Winspector; Litestep has very few messages associated with it, but I don't know of any other way to communicate with it from the outside. It's very configurable as is, but it would still be nice to have AHK's capabilities.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts

If so, it would help me if you or someone else could update the one at http://www.autohotke...MessageList.htm (because it has a different format).

i'll try to format it Chris.

i think i've tried LiteStep... isn't it a very configurable windows shell replacement?
actually jonny, a more powerful replacement for WSpy is MS Spy++, which i often use... probably it can capture the msgs reqd here. but its a part of MS visual studio and not free... so i mentioned WSpy in the tut. though if u want spy++ i can privately make it available ;)

MIA

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Feel free to check this out ---> [x-spy] (Freeware) :wink:

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
Lol, don't worry, I have VS. Along with free copies of Office and XP Pro. Guess what profession my father is in. :lol:

Anyway, yes, Litestep is very configurable (it's why I'm using it), but it would still be nice to have AHK integration. I'll give Spy++ a try, and if I still can't get anything, I'll just live with it.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
Chris,
I re-formatted the messages. txt file. i hope u'll like it better now.

Feel free to check this out ---> [x-spy] (Freeware) :wink:

i checked it out, but it seems that the creator paid too much attention on its looks... it crashed 2 out of 3 times i ran it! Posted Image

by the way does it even do messages?

MIA

SanskritFritz
  • Members
  • 280 posts
  • Last active: Jan 09 2013 02:15 PM

I'd like ppl who've found out some nice commands to share them here... it'd help ppl not have to rediscover the wheel.

We can script Total Commander with its internal commands found in the TOTALCMD.INC file in the TC installation folder. The message to post is WM_USER+51, and the wParam is the command. This example lets you auto refresh the active file panel:
#Persistent
SetTimer sf_subRefreshTC, 250 ; This is in msec, change if necessary
Return
sf_subRefreshTC:
	PostMessage 1075, 540, 0,, ahk_class TTOTAL_CMD
	; 1075=WM_USER+51 540=cm_RereadSource
	Return

Is there another word for synonym?

hs2
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • Last active: Apr 03 2012 09:05 AM
That's cool ! Thank you SanskritFritz.
Now I can rewrite my Totalcommander-workaround script:

; workaround TotalCommander: Ctrl-F8 TreeView -> cd to selected dir in LongView in the SAME panel
+^F8::
  IfWinActive, ahk_class TTOTAL_CMD
    send !{F8}cd ^{Enter}^{F2}{Enter}
return

As I know, you are also an active member of the Totalcommander forum.
Do you think it's worth to submit a poll for this feature as a builtin there ?

HS2