Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

24/7 Script (Finderbar)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
Landvermesser
  • Members
  • 51 posts
  • Last active: Aug 12 2008 09:02 AM
Hi all!

I have written the program using AutoHotKeys script for work, probably, it will be interesting to you.
Download it is possible here: http://landvermesser.tripod.com/
It has been written for http://www.aqua-soft...board/index.php?

Please any opinions, remarks, offers. Corrections in a script are welcomed especially.

:)

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
I think I need a newer MSIE; mine is 6.0.2800 on Windows XP (with classic theme at the moment) and the toolbar never appears. Instead, I get a link to the folder itself.

I can tell from the source you put a lot of effort and expertise into it.

One thing I did notice is that you might be building Gui #2 (the about box) multiple times. If so, you should only call "Gui, 2:Add" for the same controls after a call to "Gui, 2:Destroy". If you want to avoid destroying the window, do the "Gui 2:Add" series only once, either upon startup or upon "first use". Otherwise, you wind up with stacks of duplicate controls on top of each other.

Nice work!

Landvermesser
  • Members
  • 51 posts
  • Last active: Aug 12 2008 09:02 AM
Thanks very much! :)

think I need a newer MSIE; mine is 6.0.2800 on Windows XP (with classic theme at the moment) and the toolbar never appears. Instead, I get a link to the folder itself.

The menu draws not MSIE, but Windows Explorer. MSIE draws service pop-up.
Try to start this from Finderbars folder:
; AutoHotkey Version: 1.x
; Language:       English
; Platform:       Win9x/NT
; Author:         Sven Karsten ([email protected])
;
; Script Function:
;	Registring Finderbar.
;

SetEnv, a, %A_WorkingDir%
StringReplace, a, a, \, /, all
MsgBox, 1, Finderbar, Finderbar will be registered in the folder %a% 
IfMsgBox, CANCEL, Exit
RegWrite, REG_SZ, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AboutURLs, Finderbar, file://%a%/index.html
RegWrite, REG_SZ, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Finderbar_Engine.exe, Path, %A_WorkingDir%
RegWrite, REG_SZ, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Finderbar_Engine.exe,, %A_WorkingDir%\Finderbar_Engine.exe
RegWrite, REG_DWORD, HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_WINDOW_RESTRICTIONS, explorer.exe, 0x00000000
RegWrite, REG_DWORD, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_WINDOW_RESTRICTIONS, explorer.exe, 0x00000000
RegWrite, REG_DWORD, HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_WEBOC_POPUPMANAGEMENT, explorer.exe, 0x00000000
RegWrite, REG_DWORD, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_WEBOC_POPUPMANAGEMENT, explorer.exe, 0x00000000

MsgBox, 0, AutoIt, Ready`!`n`nNow rightclick your taskbar and choose "Toolbars..." -> "new Toolbar" `nthen write in the box provided:      about:Finderbar

One thing I did notice is that you might be building Gui #2 (the about box) multiple times.

Yes, as in the previous version I received a error when tried to execute a command "Gui, 2:Destroy". But you are right, I'll try to correct it.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Thanks, I'll try it.