Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

AutoHotkey Wiki

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic
automaticman
  • Members
  • 658 posts
  • Last active: Nov 20 2012 06:10 PM

... Wikis work best when the entire community is involved ...

As there's already this available, we can already make beautiful postings directly in the forum in timewise linear form. So the wiki can be a place to restructure, categorize, tag, these resources of the forum. It seems that there's no need to write entire articles there. It might serve as a place for connecting all those useful pieces together into a web, network, not big lists, where the gain to the forum is not much. Therefore the goal should be to add in the wiki to each useful snippet more meta data which can be used to orient in the whole collection. The meta data can have following sources
+ The coder himself.
+ A user of the snippet who liked it much, uses it more or less permanently and wants to give something back to the community
+ Others who want to contribute to the community

I wanted to ask anyway for a new separate thread category for Tutorials, meaning articles written in the forum (rather than in the wiki) which can be cross-linked and organized in the wiki. So we can have best of both worlds. The tutorial section in the wiki seems to be anyways almost empty.

automaticman
  • Members
  • 658 posts
  • Last active: Nov 20 2012 06:10 PM
Also some attempts were made to create a "meta data standard", see here: <!-- m -->http://www.autohotke...m/forum/viewtop ... 089#179089<!-- m -->

Alan Stancliff
  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • Last active: Nov 18 2019 09:25 AM
My initial reaction, Jonny, is that it is very nice indeed.

It seems much more elegant and less confusing to this occasional AHK user and browser.

I'll be going there more often.

I have majorly revised the Main Page of the AutoHotkey Wiki, as well as the overall layout of the wiki.
**********SNIP********

Regards,

Alan Stancliff
My Web Site

jaco0646
  • Moderators
  • 3165 posts
  • Last active: Apr 01 2014 01:46 AM
With regard to the Script Listing in the wiki: the page is very long, and while it is broken down into categories, there is no apparent structure within the categories. I'm not sure if there's a best way of organizing the categories, but the simplest way would be just alphabetizing them.

I'm not sure if others agree with this, but it seems like a good idea to me since any structure is better than none. So I made a script to alphabetize each category, but I have 2 questions.

1. Is the script correct? I've checked and rechecked it, so I'm 99% sure it works properly, but I might have missed something.

2. Is this something that other people want? I know I would like it, but if others don't agree, then it's not worthwhile. If no one responds negatively within the next few days, I'll go ahead and implement it.

EDIT: DONE

Salutations!

#SingleInstance force
#NoEnv
Header=9
FileRead, wiki, wiki.txt
Loop, Parse, wiki, `n, `r
 lines := A_Index
Loop, Parse, wiki, `n, `r
{
 StringLeft, Char1, A_LoopField, 1
 If Char1 != [
 {
  If (A_Index <= Header)
  {
   FileAppend, %A_LoopField%`r`n, NewWiki.txt
   continue
  }
  If (Char1) AND (Char1 != "=")
  {
   pos := A_Index - 1
   comment%pos% := "`r`n" A_LoopField
   continue
  }
  If (A_Index = lines)
   Stop = 1
  Else If !(Char1)
   continue
  Sort, category
  Loop, Parse, category, `n, `r
  {
   If !(A_LoopField) AND (Stop)
    ExitApp
   num := InStr(A_LoopField,A_Space,"",0)
   num := StrLen(A_LoopField) - num
   StringRight, pos, A_LoopField, %num%
   StringTrimRight, end, A_LoopField,% num+1
   FileAppend,% beg%pos% end comment%pos% "`r`n`r`n", NewWiki.txt
  }
  FileAppend, %A_LoopField%`r`n`r`n`r`n, NewWiki.txt
  category=
  continue
 }
 URL := InStr(A_LoopField,A_Space)
 StringLeft, beg%A_Index%, A_LoopField, %URL%
 StringTrimLeft, end, A_LoopField, %URL%
 end := RegExReplace(end,"^\s+")
 category .= end A_Space A_Index "`r`n"
}

SoLong&Thx4AllTheFish
  • Members
  • 4999 posts
  • Last active:
I started a wiki page

<!-- m -->http://www.autohotke... ... _Libraries<!-- m -->
and linked it from the script listing <!-- m -->http://www.autohotke... ... _Compliant<!-- m -->

Reference: see remark engunneer in this thread
<!-- m -->http://www.autohotke...ic.php?p=291504<!-- m -->

SoLong&Thx4AllTheFish
  • Members
  • 4999 posts
  • Last active:
Added a few libraries (just looked at title of post). What would be the criteria for something to be called a library? And what should be "standard" I see [module] by majkinetor, example <!-- m -->http://www.autohotke...pic.php?t=47856<!-- m --> [module] Win - Set of window functions, looks library like to me :wink:

engunneer
  • Moderators
  • 9162 posts
  • Last active: Sep 12 2014 10:36 PM
related earlier discussion:
<!-- m -->http://www.autohotke...pic.php?t=22214<!-- m -->

My home thread also had links to a few libraries, but I had not taken the time to finish the list, and I'm sure it is out of date.

I was also thinking we should group by Author, but also group alphabetically. (two lists, though, seems like a bad idea)) I usually remember who wrote a Library, but not what the name is exactly.

There may also be some place where 'mature' libraries are collected, or some way to indicate that it is a well tested and documented library. That might be better for a topic.

SoLong&Thx4AllTheFish
  • Members
  • 4999 posts
  • Last active:
Perhaps start collecting first and then categorise them later:

- Internet / Browser
- Encoding/Decoding (files)
- Graphics
- Math
- Arrays
- Windows / Controls
- File related
- etc.

By author is tempting majkinetor, Sean, Laszlo, DerRaphael, Lexikos etc all produce quality stuff.

Once you have a list someone can select the really good stuff, contact authors to perhaps change a few things to get it in one standardised way and include it a "standard library", but that might be a while :wink: