Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

World of Warcraft: tips and tricks

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic
Wardog
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Apr 29 2007 04:50 AM
[Moderator's note: Splitted from World of Warcraft: AHK = cheating? as it is unrelated to the original question.]

Im pretty sure that there is already a command in WoW that lets you not have to hold down the forward key.

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
  • Last active: May 20 2019 07:41 AM

Im pretty sure that there is already a command in WoW that lets you not have to hold down the forward key.

Probably. But there is no command that can do sleep, at least not exposed to the end game user (some parts of SDK are reserverd for Blizz and addon writters)
Posted Image

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:

I believe it is bound to Numlock by default. I ended up mapping it to XButton1... 8) When I started playing Fable (TLC), I just had to re-implement that. Thank goodness for AutoHotkey. :D

But there is no command that can do sleep,

That is because Blizzard "discourages" most types of automation (such as "sleep" to delay a command/spell-cast/whatever, at least when in combat.)

Personally, I don't think any amount of automation is going to make up for WoW's monotonous gameplay.

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts

Personally, I don't think any amount of automation is going to make up for WoW's monotonous gameplay.

That depends on how big your social skills are.
If you find good crew, and play with them all the time then its another game. Good guild is everything, you can't do things alone, and if you do , you will end-up with statements like the one above.

I must say that I agree with you up to some level. I epect future MMOs to be much better. Alas, currently there is no one better then WoW.

I believe it is bound to Numlock by default.

Numlock toggles run/walk. But I implemented my own Numlock using AHK as original is very limited. In my version you can look around by just moving the mouse and you control your char with they arrows. In second mode, mouse controls the charachter and arrows control the camera. Any of those two are appropriate for some things. For instance, when you are chased ability to run like hell and look around easily is (in all direction basicly instantly) is mandatory (for this case I use mouse looking run mode - i just move mouse around with no clicking and camera goes there, anfd I change run direction with arrows). When you run and want to access inventory, point on various objects etc, I use another mode where mouse not controls the camera, but I can use it to click around, but arrows control the movement direction.

I also use script to log me in and start the game, close some programs before wow runs, reactivate them after WoW finsihes, deactivate WIN button, and to do some other small thing here and there.
Posted Image

khoodzy
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Jul 15 2008 02:57 PM
I'm sure you guys take issue with grinding out Honor too, and this is what I'm looking to do:

Loop Randomly a Right Click Keypress and then Randomly between 1 and 4 minutes a Spacebar Keypress.

With the use of the mod BGAssist and recording your mouse to where the battlemaster is, you can automate joining + anti AFKing in a battleground to easily grind honor.

Anyone care to help me with this script?

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
BG cheating.... its one thing to cheat the game, its another to cheat ppl.

No help for you 8)
Posted Image

• Guests
  • Last active:
i made wow bg bot that i might release ^^ pm me

Carcophan
  • Members
  • 1578 posts
  • Last active: Nov 27 2013 06:46 PM

i made wow bg bot that i might release ^^ pm me

How can we PM you if you are not a registered member?

• Guests
  • Last active:
How can we PM you if you are not a registered member?

magic,

x79animal
  • Members
  • 1021 posts
  • Last active: May 14 2013 04:21 PM
ok i logged in here is my username =]

x79animal
  • Members
  • 1021 posts
  • Last active: May 14 2013 04:21 PM
here is a bot i made ages ago for logging in and bgs and stuff... its totally experimental so please dont pm saying blahblah doesnt work cause i discontinued it. used to work when i had wow though

<!-- m -->https://ahknet.autoh...imal/WowBot.zip<!-- m -->

note: wowdetection.ahk mostly doesnt work at all