Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

My hard way to learn : JoyHotKey

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic
stouf
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • Last active: Mar 04 2010 06:13 PM
Hi,
Here's my first program made with AutoHotKey.
It's first designed to use with Xbox 360 gamepad (choice of the buttons) but works with every joystick.
It's very usefull in games that require only a few keyboard/mouse clicks and then work using a joystick (racing games :D)

This tool allows you to :
- switch JoystickToMouse mode On and Off using joystick 7 and 4 buttons combination.
- launch an application using joystick 7 and 8 buttons combination

JoystickToMouse mode allows to, using joystick :
- move mouse cursor
- left and right click mouse,
- press Enter and ESC key,
- increase or decrease main volume

In addition, I included a setup gui to customize buttons, notifications sounds and application to launch, a debug mode (switch it on and off using the DebugMode variable in setup.ini), tray notifications, etc...

What is not working yet :
- Autostart with Windows,
- Browse buttons in setup tool,
- Joystick speed setup

Todo (I don't know how to do it yet)
- Merge the 3 parts of the program to reduce memory usage
- Make the buttons combinations configurable
- Make the Xbox 360 controller "ring of light" show Joy2Mouse state :D
- many other things...

Some will say it's a very complicated thing to do little, but it's my way to learn things... :D

Every comment, bug report, suggestion is really appreciated (I included the sources) :)

Xbox360 to Mouse
(unzip somewhere and execute "JoyHotKey.exe". Left click on the tray icon to setup)

unknown v2
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Aug 24 2007 09:49 PM
Thanks. I love playing PC games with my 360 controller.

• Guests
  • Last active:
can you host this file somewhere that doesnt install walware?

BoBo¨
  • Guests
  • Last active:

can you host this file somewhere that doesnt install walware?

Why not host it at www.autohotkey.net ?

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
You should try out XBCD360 (open source drivers for the Xbox 360 controller.) 8)

You can set up multiple "profiles" and switch between them using the guide button. The the "ring of light" shows which profile is active.

You could, for instance, set up one profile using buttons 1 to 10, another using buttons 11 to 20, then "hook" buttons 11 to 20 using AutoHotkey. The guide button would become a toggle for "AutoHotkey mode."

You can also map any axis (or direction), not just the buttons. You could conceivably map the left stick to X/Y or U/V depending on the profile, and use U/V to control the mouse (via AutoHotkey.) I used the profiles to switch the left stick and d-pad, and invert the right stick.

stouf
  • Members
  • 21 posts
Using XBCD profiles with autohotkey is a really nice idea. I'm thinking about it at the moment.
I tried XBCD drivers at the beginning i had the controller, but i switched back to MS drivers, because i didn't managed to configure it well with this driver, and because it supports only 1 controller. But I loved the rumble feature... Maybe it's the time for another try...

Thank you, i'll keep you informed. And i'll reupload the original script in a short moment (works like a charm with MS drivers).

Edit :
Upload done (with sources)
Xbox360 to Mouse

slambs
  • Guests
  • Last active:
You may want to look at http://www.xpadder.com

I could tell you what it does but all my typing takes longer than one simple click on the link.

stouf
  • Members
  • 21 posts
Thanks Slambs, i'm trying Xpadder ATM, and it seems great.
I had a new look to XBCD drivers, and the problem is that they don't support wireless pad.
There's a modified japanese driver which supports it, but it's very beta, the axis setup is a bit tricky, it only supports one controller and we couldn't switch profiles using a button :(

badmojo
  • Members
  • 204 posts
  • Last active: Jul 23 2014 01:39 AM
i downloaded the files but quite not sure which one to run as there are two exe files. in the end i just ran the AHK file - 'JoystickMouse.ahk' and it works. nice script.