Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

nDroid (formerly 320MPH) Ultra Fast Anything-Launcher

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic
Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM
nDroid (Formerly 320MPH)
Ultra Fast Anything Launcher

Posted Image

nDroid's NEW home :
www.codenite.com
www.codenite.com/forum/

Old Version Below's Usage:
Save the script and 320mph.ini in any folder and run. The shell integration feature requires script compilation.

Features:

- Very easy configuration of options

- Same fuzzy search feature that I coded for Phi's script.

- Results are listed in this order:
-- Always scanned items (which typically would contain your recently used items)
-- On demand scanned items

- Advanced Search, which presents the results in this order:
-- First the items with names starting with search querry
-- Then the items with the search querry anywhere in their names
-- Finally the items with search querry anywhere in their paths

- Single 'Enter' reqd for launching apps.

- You can type and move within results simultaneously. ie. use keys to type search querry and up/down arrows to select from and launch results.

- Pressing 'Shift' while selecting apps, opens the app's folder instead of launching it. For shortcuts (links) the actual app's folder is launched instead of the folder where the link resides.

- Pressing 'Ctrl' while launching runs just the search querry as a full command, even if it matches a result.

- Searches Start Menu, Desktop and Recent Documents by default, you can add anything else.

- Searches & launches links/programs/documents/urls/scripts/anything u want to add

- Displays icons optionally.

- Displays the target file of a shortcut.

- Displays number of search results.

- Starts with a list of most recently used items.

- Press Ctrl+Del to remove selected item from recently used item list.

- WaitTime setting means ms to wait before starting search.

Limitations:

- Not heavily commented.

Download:

Script
Configuration File

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

• Guests
  • Last active:
Very nice. I think the first item in the completion list should be selected automatically (like when pressing down), since it seems it is the one which is activated if I hit ENTER after typing a few characters. This is nice, but with a visual clue would be nicer.

Laszlo
  • Moderators
  • 4713 posts
  • Last active: Mar 31 2012 03:17 AM
Cool! Thanks Rajat, for sharing it!

In case you want to fine tune it, my wish list:

- I cannot see the end of lines (the program names), if the path is long. A resizable window and/or a horizontal scroll bar would be helpful.
- Highlighting the matched text makes an unwanted hit apparent. Often I don't know why some program shows up.
- At startup the list is empty. All the items could be shown instead, so I can browse, without entering anything.
- An option to sort the items by date would show the Recent directory at the top. We tend to access those in there most often.
- Abbreviations would make the navigation easier. Lice "C:\Document and Settings" could be shown as "..DS" or "{DS}", or something similar. "Start Menu" as {SM}, "Programs" as {PS}, etc.

I know it is a lot of work. But time we have unlimited, don't we? :wink:

• Guests
  • Last active:

- I cannot see the end of lines (the program names), if the path is long. A resizable window and/or a horizontal scroll bar would be helpful.

Maybe the end of the path should be shown instead of its beginning part.

Or internal path components could be hidden if the path is too long

c:\program files\...\firefox\firefox.lnk

Soapspoon
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Last active: Jan 19 2006 07:18 PM
This is downright ridiculous! So fast.

Very nice work.

Dream feature: searching the CONTENTS of a Firefox bookmarks file. If I could search all my programs and all my bookmarks from the same text entry, that would be so rad. I have no idea how to read in a bookmarks file though, and I assume the formatting would make it too nasty.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts

I think the first item in the completion list should be selected automatically (like when pressing down), since it seems it is the one which is activated if I hit ENTER after typing a few characters. This is nice, but with a visual clue would be nicer.

Done!

I cannot see the end of lines (the program names), if the path is long. A resizable window and/or a horizontal scroll bar would be helpful.

Done!

Highlighting the matched text makes an unwanted hit apparent. Often I don't know why some program shows up.

I didn't quite understand your request here...

At startup the list is empty. All the items could be shown instead, so I can browse, without entering anything.

Though i like it the current way, but its easy to change it by modifying the editbox line to:
Gui, Add, Edit, x6 y5 w650 h20 vCurrText, %A_Space%
or typing space when u launch it.

An option to sort the items by date would show the Recent directory at the top. We tend to access those in there most often.

You can replace the %A_Space% above with 'Recent' to get the list of recent items on start!

searching the CONTENTS of a Firefox bookmarks file.

is it in plain text fmt (like one link per line)? if yes, then it'd probably be quite easy.

MIA

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
Besides the changes listed above, I've added the following:

- 320MPH always reads the latest Recent items on startup, instead of the earlier practice of reading them only when scan is pressed. This doesn't visibly affect speed, but improves usability considerably.

MIA

dijiyd
  • Members
  • 87 posts
  • Last active: Oct 22 2005 01:29 PM
The firefox bookmarks file is in HTML format. lol... You might as well make an XML parser if you're going to do this.

Highlighting the matched text makes an unwanted hit apparent. Often I don't know why some program shows up.

I didn't quite understand your request here...

Maybe he gets results where his search string matches a part of the folder name. He's saying that there are unwanted hits when he does searches. But I don't know if you can highlight inside a list control.

At startup the list is empty. All the items could be shown instead, so I can browse, without entering anything.

Though i like it the current way, but its easy to change it by modifying the editbox line to:
Gui, Add, Edit, x6 y5 w650 h20 vCurrText, %A_Space%
or typing space when u launch it.

Hmm... does that make it like seek, where the last search is saved? I kinda missed that too.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts

Hmm... does that make it like seek, where the last search is saved? I kinda missed that too.

that can be easily done. stay tuned.

MIA

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
Update:

- Script remembers last search terms
- User's Desktop added to searched folders

MIA

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
Update:

- Now 320mph remembers the last selection (among various results) besides remembering the last search terms.

MIA

Tekl
  • Members
  • 814 posts
  • Last active: May 03 2009 03:28 PM
Hi,

for german users the fast scanning is a problem, because "dir" reads dos-ascii und AutoHotkey uses ANSI. So umlauts are shown wrong. Is it really much faster with "dir" than a file-loop?

Maybe you could add two hotkeys for the mousewheel, so scrolling is possible without having the list in focus.

Tekl

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
@Tekl

i made this keeping only keybd input in mind... the buttons have shortcut keys, the listbox doesn't require activation to select an item from results etc.... but in case mouse usage is preferred then WheelDown and WheelUp can easily be added to script over the Down/Up hotkey sections.

i timed the dir+echo and file-loop+file-append and the former turned out to be faster. this might also be just one-off instance. if its a problem for german users then we can replace it (though i really like its speed!).

MIA

dijiyd
  • Members
  • 87 posts
  • Last active: Oct 22 2005 01:29 PM
Rajat: Ultra Fast Anything-Scripter :D

daonlyfreez
  • Members
  • 995 posts
  • Last active: Jan 23 2013 08:16 AM
Absolutely brilliant, I got rid of QuickStart... 8)

What I would really like is the option to show the results as 'first filename then path' instead of the whole path, and that it would 'shrink' the path (aaa/.../bbb.lnk) if it doesn't fit into the listbox (so, no horizontal scrollbar)...

I might dive into it, but since Rajat is indeed an 'ultra fast scripter', he probably will beat me at it anyway... :p
Posted Image mirror 1mirror 2mirror 3ahk4.me • PM or Posted Image