Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

MSN Tab

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
beardboy
  • Members
  • 443 posts
  • Last active: May 27 2017 08:41 AM
For use with MSN Messenger, or Trillian (AIM, ICQ, IRC, MSN, Yahoo) to "alt+tab" between just your IM windows using alt+q.

!q:: ; ALT + Q
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
GroupAdd, msn, ahk_class IMWindowClass
GroupAdd, msn, ahk_class icoAIM
GroupAdd, msn, ahk_class icoMSN
GroupAdd, msn, ahk_class icoICQ
GroupAdd, msn, ahk_class icoIRC
GroupAdd, msn, ahk_class icoYahoo
GroupAdd, msn, ahk_class icoPMsgAIM
GroupAdd, msn, ahk_class icoPMsgMSN
GroupAdd, msn, ahk_class icoPMsgICQ
GroupAdd, msn, ahk_class icoPMsgIRC
GroupAdd, msn, ahk_class icoPMsgYahoo
GroupAdd, msn, ahk_class aim-icon
GroupAdd, msn, ahk_class msn-icon
GroupAdd, msn, ahk_class icq-icon
GroupAdd, msn, ahk_class irc-icon
GroupAdd, msn, ahk_class yahoo-icon
GroupActivate, msn
return
thanks,
beardboy

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
That looks convenient.

I use GroupActivate a lot, such as for visiting MSIE windows one by one, the various Outlook windows, and also the various instances of Notepad and Metapad lying around. Due to their convenience, these GroupActivate hotkeys have breathed new life into the somewhat clunky Explorer shell.

Jimmy2Times
  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • Last active: Jul 15 2014 07:56 PM
Chris, could you shed some more light on how you are actually using the GroupActivate (per below) to enhance explorer?
Thanks

(P.S. Thank you for adding ListView :) -your implementation is superb as always)

That looks convenient.

I use GroupActivate a lot, such as for visiting MSIE windows one by one, the various Outlook windows, and also the various instances of Notepad and Metapad lying around. Due to their convenience, these GroupActivate hotkeys have breathed new life into the somewhat clunky Explorer shell.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
I use GroupActivate to make a single hotkey activate a series of windows, one at a time. This works great with MSIE, Outlook, and Text editors (one hotkey for each) because you can quickly visit related windows without having to use the taskbar or alt-tab. Here is one example from the GroupAdd page:
; In the autoexecute section at the top of the script: 
GroupAdd, MSIE, ahk_class IEFrame ; Add only Internet Explorer windows to this group.
return ; End of autoexecute section.

; Assign a hotkey to activate this group, which traverses
; through all open MSIE windows, one at a time (i.e. each
; press of the hotkey).
Numpad1::GroupActivate, MSIE, r
I also use GroupDeactivate to periodically visit types of windows that I don't want to be always open. Such windows can be closed if they are no longer needed.

So the main enhancement to Explorer is that I don't use the taskbar much at all anymore, nor do I alt-tab nearly as often.