Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Windows tweaking and enhancement script

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic
fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
  • Last active: Nov 12 2012 08:51 PM
Hi there,

I'd like to present a script I created for tweaking windows, especially the windows explorer. It was written for win7, so a few features may not work on older versions, since I make use of some new explorer hotkeys etc., but most should be fine I hope.

Here's the list of features:

Right mouse click on titlebar -> toggle always on top
Explorer Tweaks:
F3 - Open with PSPad
F7 - Create new file
F8 - Create new folder
Backspace - Go up instead of backwards (like in XP)
CTRL+Left - Go Back
CTRL+Right - Go Forwards
CTRL+Shift+C - Copy Filenames and paths to clipboard
Alt+C - Copy only names to clipboard
Win+E - Open a new explorer window, and align them left and right
CTRL+U (explorer) - Uploads selected files to a ftp server
CTRL+U (others, preferably image editing programs) - copy all, then upload image from clipboard to ftp server
images and texts from the clipboard can be pasted as files
Alt+Insert - Take screenshot and upload to ftp server
Win+Insert - Take screenshot of current window and upload to ftp server
Win+Delete - Upload image from clipboard to ftp server
Some more program hotkeys:
Win+O: Opera
Win+A: AdiIRC
Win+C: Console
Win+S: SpeQ Mathematics

Note: All ftp upload functions copy the URL(s) in the clipboard, so you can easily paste them in IM programs or so

You may probably want to remove some of the program launch shortcuts, as you probably don't use those programs. Also some values will have to be edited in the Autoexecute.ahk file.

Here's the script, run the main.ahk:
<!-- m -->https://ahknet.autoh... ... ection.rar<!-- m -->

I believe there are 2 small bugs, one in the "right click on title->toggle always on top" functionality, it sometimes doesn't process right clicks in other programs correctly. The other one is in the "Alt+C - Copy only names to clipboard" functionality, it doesn't seem to copy all names every time. I'd be glad to hear about fixes for those, haven't found any yet.

Also, I'd be happy to hear about suggestions for improvements, feature requests etc. If I deem them useful, I will probably implement them sometime.

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
  • Last active: Nov 12 2012 08:51 PM
Here's a preview for the features the script will have.

I have made all features configurable and put them in a settings menu, so you can use only those that you like.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

One feature that isn't properly represented in the menu yet, is what I call the "FastFolders". You can store folders/control panel places etc. in explorer, and recall them with the numpad buttons. This will also work for dialog boxes, cmd windows and edit controls(with special hotkey). In Explorer this is integrated in the command bar (sometimes also called folder band), by adding buttons that will navigate explorer to stored folder when clicked:
Posted Image
Also note the added file size and free disk space in the status bar. MS didn't implement those features for some reason and resorted to the large details pane.

Let me know what you think!
I'd also like to hear about feature suggestions.

There are still a few bugs and missing features that I would like to integrate, when that is done I will probably release it.