Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

diNovo Mini Special Keys - get all those missing keys [v07b]

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic
Michael@Oz
  • Members
  • 234 posts
  • Last active: Dec 30 2011 11:24 PM
Do you have a Logitec diNovo Mini Keyboard/Trackpad? Do you love its convenience?
But are you annoyed when you want to use a function key, or the Home or End keys etc.

:D THEN THIS IS FOR YOU!

Introducing the all new Dinovo Mini Special Keys (DMSK) Script!!

DMSK provides F1-F24 and more, much more.
It includes those important missing characters, `~|[] and {} try writing AutoHotkey code without those two!
(but they were never missing in the first place, DMSK tells you how to access them)

Plus you also get Home, End, PrintScreen, Pause, Break, Ins, CapsLock, ScrollLock & NumLock and more.
To complete the set we are throwing-in a Complete set of Numpad keys, how's that for value!

But wait, you also get a convenient Right-Click - no more Fn-OK required, and just in case you need it, a Middle-Click!

And to top it off one-key Cut, Copy & Paste - no more cramped fingers.

How much would you expect to pay? No, not $200, not even $20...you can have all of this for...free!

See it in the flesh Screen Shot

And once you are convinced that DMSK is the script for you;

Right-Click ->DMSK<- and Save.

And we now have the latest version with Scroll Wheel! based scrolling.

But seriously folks :wink: If there is anything missing or not working let me know. I haven't done too much testing with the Soft-Alt or Win modifier.

Also this was written for use without the Logitec drivers, if you want to use the driver, you will need to change the 4 scan codes, or send the ahk vksc codes to me.

Michael

EDIT v-0-6a Fixed bug in Numpad keys
EDIT v-0-6b Removed Debug code
EDIT v-0-7b See Post below for details
Comming soon...v8 with Drag Mode & the Apps Key!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For HID codes see this to use with AHKHID. You can get access to the record button and the MCE key (lower right). I have not written the code yet.

Michael@Oz
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Do you have a Logitec diNovo Mini Keyboard/Trackpad?

Link above is now;
Version 0-6b - Remove Debug code :oops:
Version 0-6a - Fix Stupid Bug in Numpad keys

chris966
  • Guests
  • Last active:
thanks very much :)
im thinking of getting one of these kbs for a htpc i am yet to build :p

Blahman
  • Members
  • 27 posts
  • Last active: Mar 03 2016 02:46 AM
Lol, nice presentation.

If only you had started with "HI, BILLY MAYS HERE!!!!!!"

I have a Mini so I will definitely be checking this out -- thanks!

Dutchie
  • Guests
  • Last active:
HOW I INSTALLED IT:

You have to go to: https://ahknet.autohotkey.com/~Michael@oz/DMSK/DMSK.ahk After creating the exe file, just double klik the exe file and everything is up and running.

FOUND ONE BUG:
The 'right click' short cut key also known as ">>|" does not do anything. Neither as a single click or double click. Which is a shame, because it is one of the biggest annoyances on the diNovo; not having the right click. (Windows XP, Dell Latitude D620 laptop, Windows XP sp2)

CONCLUSION:
Great job!!
thnx

Zarniwoop
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Apr 23 2010 08:48 PM

Do you have a Logitec diNovo Mini Keyboard/Trackpad? Do you love its convenience?

Wow. I just got mine today and after a few minutes I googled for dinovo home end keys...

THANK YOU so much! I've used AutoHotkey for years for various little things, and this is just icing on the cake. I had to register just to thank you! THANK YOU! :D :D :D

Michael@Oz
  • Members
  • 234 posts

HOW I INSTALLED IT:

You have to go to: <!-- m -->http://www.autohotkey.com/download/<!-- m --> to download a compile tool, ...
FOUND ONE BUG:
The 'right click' short cut key also known as ">>|" does not do anything. Neither as a single click or double click.(Windows XP, Dell Latitude D620 laptop, Windows XP sp2)

thnx

Duchie, I haven't tried it compiled. If you have installed AutoHotkey you can run it as a script, just double click the .ahk file. See if that makes a difference. I'll try to get to testing it compiled.

THANK YOU! :D :D :D

No prob.
I'm working on the next version, shouldn't be too far away.

Michael@Oz
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Which is a shame, because it is one of the biggest annoyances on the diNovo; not having the right click.

Note that FN+OK-button (top left) is a right click.

FOUND ONE BUG:
The 'right click' short cut key also known as ">>|" does not do anything.

Did you note the comment 'Also this was written for use without the Logitec drivers, if you want to use the driver, you will need to change the 4 scan codes'?
I don't know whether the compiled version has this feature, but try right-clicking the tray icon for the script, select Open, select the View/Key History... menu. Press the >>| key a couple of times. Then F5 to refresh the window. The first two columns at the bottom above the F5 gives you the virtual key codes. Change these codes accordingly ($sc119 is the >>| key without the drivers loaded)
; Comment these out if you wish - also delete the bits in help below
vkB1sc110::SendInput, ^x   ;Back Track key 	- CUT	Think |< deletes like <- DEL Key
vkB2sc124::Sendinput, ^c   ;Stop key 		- COPY	Think in order this is cut COPY paste
vkB3sc122::SendInput, ^v   ;play/pause key	- PASTE	Think >|| inserts
; Media Functions Alt+key
!vkB1sc110::SendInput, {Media_Prev}
!vkB2sc124::Sendinput, {Media_Stop}
!vkB3sc122::SendInput, {Media_Play_Pause}
!vkB0sc119::SendInput, {Media_Next}
;

; Forward Track key for a one handed operation - use Right hand for mouse & click & right click
;  also a double press pops up the Special Keys menu
FM2TapCount=0	; 2Tap Count
$sc119::
I had real difficulty loading the logitec drivers, managed to get it working briefly, hence why I know the key codes are different. In the end they gave me less functions than I can do with ahk, so I ditched them.

Michael@Oz
  • Members
  • 234 posts
or if someone wants to send me the codes with the driver installed I can make it an option in the script.

Michael@Oz
  • Members
  • 234 posts
Get the latest version with the following improvements at Version 0-7-b!

v-0-7a Add Esc & Tab keys,
Allow Shift, Control, Win and SoftAlt for F1-9
Changed activation key to FN+>>| ie NextTrack
Added FN+9 as F9
Rejigged Menu
Added Navigation Key submenu
Save/restore mouse position for clicks
ie the click will occur where the mouse was when
the menu was activated, rather than where it was
when you clicked on the menu.
v-0-7b Add a scroll wheel functional replacement

Zarniwoop
  • Members
  • 4 posts

or if someone wants to send me the codes with the driver installed I can make it an option in the script.

Is there a better way to see scan codes than to open the AutoScriptWriter and hit Record, press a key, hit stop, and then look for the Send, 1xx line?

Michael@Oz
  • Members
  • 234 posts
Right-click the tray icon of a running script, select Open, a Window opens. Select the View/Keyhistory... menu.

The VK and SC columns gives the codes. Press a marker key such as space, then press the key you need the code for then press space again.

Press F5 (or View/Refresh menu), scroll to the bottom and you should see the key code between the two space key lines.

Zarniwoop
  • Members
  • 4 posts
Any plans to get a "Rii mini" keyboard? I just couldn't resist getting one when I saw it, plus it's a heck of a lot cheaper than the diNovo! You can google it pretty easily as rii mini wireless keyboard... <!-- m -->http://www.google.co... ... s keyboard<!-- m -->

My Rii mini just arrived from Hong Kong today. I ordered from <!-- w -->www.tomtop.com<!-- w --> because it was a lot cheaper+in stock at the time, but it took about 2 weeks to arrive with "air" shipping. If anyone else wants to order from TomTop you can search for wireless mini keyboard on their site... EDIT: Please note my reply below regarding the RANGE issues I had with my Rii before pulling the trigger on one of these based on my first post here.

I will be getting scan codes (thanks for the how-to info!) and attempt to alter the diNovo script to make into a Rii mini version that Swaps F3-F8 with the blue Fn key version so I won't have to hold down the blue Fn key to use the volume and play/pause/skip keys, but still be able to push F keys using the blue Fn key. I'll have to think of something better for F2 than PrtSc also if it works. Maybe a popup menu? :-)

I can share what I come up with, unless you'd rather "mods" to your work not be distributed. If you are interested in doing the work yourself, or you plan to get a "Rii", I will at least share the scan codes of the special keys so you can develop your own script (and likely do a much better job than I would, being a noob with AutoHotKey!).

Michael@Oz
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Any plans to get a "Rii mini" keyboard?

If my Dinovo breaks I may think about it.

I will be getting scan codes

Skan's Mystery Keys Is very handy for getting the codes for multiple keys.

alter the diNovo script to make into a Rii mini version that Swaps F3-F8 with the blue Fn key version

Should be straight forward, you may find that after using it, the way it sits in your hand, position of thumbs etc will tell you what keys to use for pop-ups or modifyer keys. Just looking at the picture, if you don't use ` & ~ much, that key could be good for a one handed pop-up. It depend how you want to use it of course.
You could use the RF & PrtScr as F9 & F10.

unless you'd rather "mods" to your work not be distributed

Feel free to mod my stuff for personal use (I just don't want someone to sell my work), attribute with a reference to my original post.

If you are interested in doing the work yourself, or you plan to get a "Rii", I will at least share the scan codes of the special keys so you can develop your own script (and likely do a much better job than I would, being a noob with AutoHotKey!).

I want to keep DMSK specific to the Dinovo, but happy to advise you in your efforts.

Perhaps there is a place to post scan code info for various devices, I'll have a look around.

Zarniwoop
  • Members
  • 4 posts
Now that I have it home, I am having significant issues with range on the Rii keyboard.

The diNovo USB receiver works great plugged into the REAR ports on my HTPC, clear into the kitchen at least 30 feet away, through the wall and fridge.

I plugged the Rii receiver into the FRONT USB port and I can still barely get 13 feet (4 meters) clear-line-of-sight before keypresses repeat and mouse stops working smoothly.

EDIT: It is likely that I just got a unit with a loose antenna wire or something and that problems will not be frequent with others.

EDIT: The "YouTube reviewer guy" replied to my message to him, stating he was getting over 60 feet / 18 meters range. So it does look like I got a bad unit. I have even tried it on my laptop at the side of a rural horse-pasture road, with nothing around that could possibly be interference, to verify that it is in fact something wrong with the keyboard or USB receiver itself. I've not yet received a reply from TomTop on my return request.