Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

mouse gesture script

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic
nanasisan
  • Guests
  • Last active:
http://cgi19.plala.o...2004_07.html#23

Edit: Fixed URL to be clickable

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM
thanx for the link... by the way any idea what language is the page in?

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

dijiyd
  • Members
  • 87 posts
  • Last active: Oct 22 2005 01:29 PM
It's in japanese. .jp is a japanese TLD.

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Has someone seen my dictionary :?: [more...]

jmh
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I've had a bit of a play around with that script and come up with this:

http://www.geocities...misc/mg.ahk.txt

The default configuration will:
manipulate the scroll bar(s) of the window under the cursor;
close the active window;
maximise (and restore) the width or height of the active window;
center (and restore) the active window, or position in one of the four corners;
translate middle click to double left click (forgot to optionalise it).Jason.

PS: I'll be away for a week, so I'll look forward to any comments.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
I tried it and it's pretty amazing. Although it takes a little training to get the gestures right, the effect is akin to magic. The script itself is also a work of art: your use of configuration and dynamic elements is very advanced, pushing the limits of what the language can do.

Since it took me a while to get started with it, I think what it most needs is a little more documentation. For example, although you say "each of these should have an _Action label", there is no explanation for the string "-L-R-U-D-LR-RL-DU-LD-UR-RD-UL-RU-DL-LU-DR-UD-" (though now I understand that it's a way to indicate which gestures are enabled).

I notice you've taken some of the easiest gestures and made them activate various functions, which is good because I found it hard to perform more complex gestures, such as the letter S, in a way that the script would detect consistently.

Since you're away for a week, I'll mention to anyone else who wants to try it that the way to start understanding the script is to search for labels that end in _Action. For example, the DU_Action label is automatically launched when you hold down the right button and move the mouse down-then-up (DU) fairly quickly. This gesture maximizes the height (but not the width) of the active window.

Thanks for sharing your creative script. I'll look forward to any future versions you might produce.

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Once we will be able to write AHK scripts with Palm-like-mouse-gestures :D 8)

• Guests
  • Last active:

I tried it and it's pretty amazing. Although it takes a little training to get the gestures right, the effect is akin to magic. The script itself is also a work of art: your use of configuration and dynamic elements is very advanced, pushing the limits of what the language can do.

C has funtion pointers, BASIC has ON/GOSUB, AutoHotkey has dereference. Personally, I prefer C; AHK is too much like DOS batch files for my liking, although not quite that bad (after all the trouble I had with Which, I'm never going to use batch files for anything other than basic tasks). I also had trouble forgetting to add percent signs. :)

Since it took me a while to get started with it, I think what it most needs is a little more documentation. For example, although you say "each of these should have an _Action label", there is no explanation for the string "-L-R-U-D-LR-RL-DU-LD-UR-RD-UL-RU-DL-LU-DR-UD-" (though now I understand that it's a way to indicate which gestures are enabled).

Yes, I should have added more documentation (or any, really). Initially, I thought the string was a good idea, but it's quite long, isn't it? Can't really think of anything better though, and I won't go back to using If.

I notice you've taken some of the easiest gestures and made them activate various functions, which is good because I found it hard to perform more complex gestures, such as the letter S, in a way that the script would detect consistently.

Ah, well, the S was just a demonstration of what the gestures could be, not something I'd think you'd actually use. You might also like to try adjusting the sensitivity and timeout values.

Thanks for sharing your creative script. I'll look forward to any future versions you might produce.

Even though I should add more documentation, I'll leave it till I actually modify the script (could be a while, since I don't really know what else to add, other than diagonals). I also have a script that simulates WinKey (which AutoHotkey replaces, along with Type Pilot), which I'll upload. Eventually. It's small enough to post here, anyway.

Jason

nanasisan
  • Guests
  • Last active:
new version with configuration GUI
http://lukewarm.s41.... ... index.html

Wingfat
  • Members
  • 937 posts
  • Last active: Oct 14 2015 04:20 PM
Is it me or does this new one not work? When loaded my Rbutton hangs when used. I right click on a web page and it takes a few seconds for the drop down menu to show up.
no matter what gesture i try nothing works for me. (i could be doing something wrong i guess.. but i dont think so.) :O
----------------------------
Wingfool you fat! I mean, Wingfat you fool!
Line from Woody Allen's movie "What's Up Tiger Lilly?"
-----------------------------

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

new version with configuration GUI

Thanks for sharing it, and for your posting all your other work on the web for the benefit of others.

Is it me or does this new one not work?

I think this new one is an update of the original version, not the version modified and posted by jmh above. Jmh's version is the only one I've used so far.

deguix
  • Members
  • 87 posts
  • Last active: Jun 17 2014 05:18 AM
I'm developing a different version from nanasian's. I'm trying to make the drawing like some shareware products like Sensiva (which I used a lot in the past) and I can say I'm having sucessful results with this version being developed. Right now I only can draw an arrow...

As I can't edit bitmaps, I'm planning to create a INI file support for the customized symbol creation, like letters, numbers and etc. And logically, a GUI where you are going to put information about the symbols.

I plan also to make the drawing support for specific windows. It's base is already implemented in my code right now.

The only problem it will have is that you can't see the drawing trails. Ideas?

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

The only problem it will have is that you can't see the drawing trails. Ideas?

Assuming "trails" is a representation of the path of the mouse, maybe this:

1) When the user clicks and holds down the mouse...
2) Create an always-on-top window with a transparent background (via WinSet TransColor)
3) Create a series of bitmap controls to make dots that follow the trail of the mouse.
4) Destroy the window when the user releases the mouse button.

Of course the above isn't very efficient. If you were to program this, how would you do it? Perhaps by drawing directly onto the system/desktop DC and then erasing it afterward?

deguix
  • Members
  • 87 posts
  • Last active: Jun 17 2014 05:18 AM

Of course the above isn't very efficient. If you were to program this, how would you do it? Perhaps by drawing directly onto the system/desktop DC and then erasing it afterward?

Yeah... At least it would support Win9x and WinMe.

Basile
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Last active: Mar 27 2006 07:54 PM
hi everyone,

I'm very interested by drawing the trails of the mouse! I just want ot known if someone is still working on it and how many problems you faced in developping a function like that! I will be very enthousiatuc if someone can share his works for all people like me in order to achieve in this project!

Best regards

Basile