Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

[Script] AutoHotkey-ToolKit v0.8.1.1

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic
RaptorX
  • Members
  • 751 posts
  • Last active: Feb 19 2015 02:47 AM
---------[AutoHotkey Toolkit v0.8.1.1]-----------------------------------------
Download (GitHub.com):
Script
Compiled
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This script started as a personal project but now i feel that it might be helpful to other people so I decided to release it as beta software for testing.

Note:
If you want to run the Script version you will have to download AHK_L.
If you dont want to install AHK_L then you would have to use the compiled version.

Screen Shots:

ahktk1.th.png
ahktk2.th.png
ahktk4.th.png
ahktk5.th.png
ahktk3.th.png
ahktk7.th.png
ahktk6.th.png

Main features:

* Create hotkeys to launch programs or scripts without need to restart the script

* Create normal or multi-line hotstrings on the fly also without needing to restart the script
-- they can be ahk commands as well.

* Small Editor to write and execute autohotkey scripts even when you dont have autohotkey installed in the PC
-- I use it to test code without having to save a file for it,
but this really shines when the script is compiled and you are in a
pc that does not have AHK installed.

* Auto run selected code
-- If you Ctrl + Alt Click selected text that is ahk code it will be run
automatically.

* Detect AutoHotkey scripts copied to the clipboard and allow you to upload it to a pastebin service or save it to a file.
-- This little gem copies the link of the created pastebin to the clipboard.
-- If you use AutoHotkey.net as the pastebin.
you can specify a nickname and your paste will be auto announced in
IRC channel.
-- It also auto replace #Include files by the actual files.
no more: "oh i forgot to mention that there are includes there...
remove those lines!".

* Open the help file and search for the word below the cursor using a hotkey of your preference.

* Use a secondary hotkey to open online documentation if there is no help file in your computer. If you are in the forum this function will add [ url ] tags on the word so that it becomes clickable after posting.

Secondary features:

* Alt + Click on a window will take a screen shot of it and upload it to Imagebin.org. The link will be copied to the Clipboard for easy share. Once you Ctrl + V your old clipboard will be restored.

* Alt + Dragging the mouse will take a screen shot of the selected area and do the same as above.

Disabled features at the moment:

** You can use the following N++ hotkeys on all the edit controls: **
Ctrl + Shift + Up/Down to move lines up and down
Ctrl + D to duplicate lines
Ctrl + U to convert selected text to lowercase
Ctrl + Shift + U to convert selected text to uppercase
Ctrl + Q to comment selected lines, if no line is selected the line where the cursor is at the moment will be commented. If you use it on commented lines it will uncomment them.

Most Recent Changes:

Date: Fri Oct 5 10:30:14 2012 +0200

AHK-TK v0.8.1.1

Changes:

+ Add Syntax highlighting for Scintilla Controls

! Fix debugging ternary
! Fix getparams() function
! Fix Status Bar to have info centered
! Fix update() function on compiled version
! Fix General hotkey lists clear all checkboxes if "Default" was selected
! Fix General hotkey lists load default hotkey when re-opening GUI after "Default" was selected

* Change update function to be part of scriptobj
* Change formatting

Todo:

+ Add #ifwindow active functionality to hotkeys/hotstrings

! Fix Append to exported hotkeys/hotstrings function
! Fix Live Code saving to empty file name

* Change Disabled option hides List View child
* Conditional download of AHK_L backup

Date: Fri Sep 21 12:58:36 2012 +0200

AHK-TK v0.7.7.7

Changes:

+ Add temporal key binding to suspend all hotkeys
+ Add use last folder when opening a file in live code tab

! Fix check if file exist before hotkeys try to open
! Fix check autohotkey version before starting up program
! Fix ask for file name when saving for the first time in live code tab

* Change run selected code hotkey to Ctrl + F5

Todo:

+ Add #ifwindow active functionality to hotkeys/hotstrings
+ Add Syntax highlighting for Scintilla Controls

! Fix General hotkey lists clear all checkboxes if "None" was selected
! Fix General hotkey lists load default hotkey when re-opening GUI after "None" was selected
! Fix Append to exported hotkeys/hotstrings function

* Change Disabled option hides List View child
* Conditional download of AHK_L backup

• AutoHotkey Toolkit [Main Project]
• Scintilla Wrapper
• LexAHKL

codybear
  • Members
  • 600 posts
  • Last active: Feb 09 2015 12:41 PM
Very nice. I'll definitely be playing around with this at a later date as I'm reading up on my new Android phone I'm getting tomorrow and downloading all the stuff I need to root the device.

Gauss
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  • Last active: Jan 27 2012 12:49 PM
I was looking forward for this one since you mentioned it on the channel, but
-So many files and folders :( too many, and I'm minimalist.
-Why would you do the dropdown menus on the left side?!! never seen that before :D, normally they are to the right of the hotkeys.

but I LOVE the idea

RaptorX
  • Members
  • 751 posts
It is minimalistic... the compiled version only has the res folder and the tools are installed conditionally which means that not everything that you see there is installed (ex. if you have autohotkey the folder ahk wont be installed).

those txt files are there for reference, they can be deleted as well. that leaves you with the script and a folder... nothing else.

The Script version needs the extlib folder because i use them in Include calls, but you can just simply copy paste them on to the script and then delete that folder.

--Edit
btw the img folder is just for a placeholder image that i have for the options tab... that will be gone as well.

You can suggest any idea so i can minimize the script even further (which is never a bad thing)...

About the DropDownLists... the thing is that in my mind you always choose the key you want to press first and then any modifier that you want to add... it is illogical for me to have the modifiers first :D

Gauss
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  • Last active: Jan 27 2012 12:49 PM
-And you should make a single click on tray icon to toggle show/hide gui, I forgot my boss hotkey and I'm telling you, I ran barefooted outside because there was no way to bring the gui back :D

-And I like it because it makes it easy to list hotkeys and hotstrings, so I think the extra stuff like upload images and I don't know what is not necessary, its like macaroni like this, maybe its better to stay objective and post that separate, my opinion though.

RaptorX
  • Members
  • 751 posts

-And you should make a single click on tray icon to toggle show/hide gui, I forgot my boss hotkey and I'm telling you, I ran barefooted outside because there was no way to bring the gui back :D

-And I like it because it makes it easy to list hotkeys and hotstrings, so I think the extra stuff like upload images and I don't know what is not necessary, its like macaroni like this, maybe its better to stay objective and post that separate, my opinion though.

The Show Gui on click option will be there soon, btw the GUI hotkey toggles between showing and hiding, so if you did set up a hotkey for it you just use it for now... if you used the default one then it is Win + ` (thats a back tic)

The uploading pictures feature seems out of place, (and if taken off it will make the script even smaller), the thing is that I use this script to help people (hence the live code and code detection/upload to pastebin) and sometimes trying to explain something is easier when they can see what you mean, so I needed to screen shot a lot and thats why i added that little tool...

I will add the options soon to disable that function (and not install the corresponding files). But then again this is beta and WIP.

Thanks for the suggestions though they are noted. :D

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor
  • Last active: Jan 15 2016 11:37 PM
Very nice work. Posted Image
Simple, clean and easy interface too.

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*
. Populate the AutoHotkey city. Pointless but somewhat fun. .

wtg
  • Members
  • 251 posts
  • Last active: Dec 19 2012 03:54 PM
Thanks for posting this. I love the Live Code feature and the hotkey manager. I've thought of doing something similar for quite some time but never gotten around to it.

RaptorX
  • Members
  • 751 posts
I found that I changed some of the variable names on the last update and the Start With Windows function is not working. Will update tonight.

RaptorX
  • Members
  • 751 posts
---**Update**----
[Current] AHK-TK v0.4.6c

Changed:
* Fix Pause problem on First Run

AHK-TK v0.4.6b

Changed:

* Add Ctrl + F5 Hotkey Back (Sends current date)
* Add check of "none" hotkey
* Fix minor bugs

AHK-TK v0.4.6

Changed:

* Add selected command to online documentation
* Add selected command to tags if in ahk forum

----------------------

wtg
  • Members
  • 251 posts
A few suggestions...

* Minimize to the system tray only, or make it an option anyway. As it is now, I have both a system tray icon and a minimized program in my taskbar.

* Include ExitApp at the end of scripts that don't have a GUI. This way if you test a code snippet and forget to include ExitApp at the end, you don't end up with the script hanging out with a tray icon. Never really understood why ahk scripts don't auto-terminate anyway...

* Allow the particular version of AHK to be configurable. I run AHK_L most of the time, so the app doesn't work for those snippets. Others may use IronAHK.

* Finally, any reason you don't post the scripts and exe on AutoHotkey.net? I'm sure it's just a personal issue for me, but my office firewall actually blocks github, and autohotkey.net is the logical place for autohotkey libs and scripts.

Thanks again!

RaptorX
  • Members
  • 751 posts
@Gauss

The one click toggle Gui will be added soon.

@wtg

Thanks for the suggestions.

I already implemented the first 2, will be released in the next iteration, which might be tomorrow or the day after.

I'm a little bit confused on what do you want to configure, is it the path to ahk_L? why aren't the snippets running? the script checks if you have the normal ahk installed, if not it will use its own instance of it (which is the vanilla).

What i can do is add checks to other AHK installation paths even though i check the registry value (don't know if they use the same reg key)...

adding the option of choosing which ahk version to use is going to take some time to be implemented, so hang on in there. There might be a work around for you, will check that later.

The reason Im uploading to GitHub is that my project repository is hosted there and my downloads are created automatically by them so is kind of convenient for me. Anyways, I will upload the latest version to autohotkey.net because it is true that some firewalls block github, so I will try to keep a copy of the latest versions on ahk.net

wtg
  • Members
  • 251 posts

I'm a little bit confused on what do you want to configure, is it the path to ahk_L? why aren't the snippets running? the script checks if you have the normal ahk installed, if not it will use its own instance of it (which is the vanilla).

What i can do is add checks to other AHK installation paths even though i check the registry value (don't know if they use the same reg key)...

adding the option of choosing which ahk version to use is going to take some time to be implemented, so hang on in there. There might be a work around for you, will check that later.

Actually, my problem is that I have AHK and AHK_L installed, and AHK is the default. It's just lately I've been running AHK_L more than the other. However, since a person can have multiple AHK flavors, I thought it might be nice if one could specify which version to use, supplying the path to the executable or something.

Anyways, I will upload the latest version to autohotkey.net because it is true that some firewalls block github, so I will try to keep a copy of the latest versions on ahk.net

Thanks... it's appreciated.

RaptorX
  • Members
  • 751 posts
**Update**

[Current] AHK-TK v0.4.7

Changed:

* Add click on tray toggle Main GUI
* Add minimize to tray
* Add append ExitApp on Live Code that dont has a GUI
* Fix issue when manually editing the path on a hotkey