Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Notepad2 with AutoHotKey and Bookmarks

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic
Zach Thibeau
  • Members
  • 57 posts
  • Last active: Nov 24 2010 05:43 PM
I am proud to present to you all another modification of Notepad2 with AutoHotKey syntax highlighting and a new feature (thanks to the guy that made the mod Notepad2 BookmarkEdition) Book Marking
Posted Image
To bookmark you must press alt+F2 or go to the edit menu and select the book mark submenu and view your options there

the Syntax Colouration is still not perfect but it will highlight, newer versions of Notepad2 AutoHotKey edition will try and perfect that and possibly add new options as well.

Notepad2 For AutoHotKey comes in 2 flavours
Win32 Edition and a 64bit edition The Source is located here

HotKeyIt
  • Moderators
  • 7439 posts
  • Last active: Jun 22 2016 09:14 PM
It does not run on xp

This application has failed to start because MSVCR100.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Chicken Pie 4 Tea
  • Members
  • 379 posts
  • Last active: Dec 12 2014 06:46 PM

It does not run on xp

This application has failed to start because MSVCR100.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

yep I got the same so I downloaded the dll from here
http://www.dll-files....shtml?msvcr100
it goes in sytem32

trouble is now I get the error message that it needs
MSVCP100.dll

here we go again
"Choose your parents wisely"

Chicken Pie 4 Tea
  • Members
  • 379 posts

It does not run on xp

yep I got the same so I downloaded the dll from here
http://www.dll-files....shtml?msvcr100
it goes in sytem32

trouble is now I get the error message that it needs
MSVCP100.dll

here we go again
well I downloaded that dll too and put it in system32 folder, but it doesnt work. trying to start this version of notepad2 gives an error about an invalid entry point in MSVCR100.dll

Zach Thibeau
  • Members
  • 57 posts
You need the visual studio 2010 runtime to run this which can be downloaded and installed from <!-- m -->http://www.microsoft... ... bf0912db84<!-- m --> do not get it from the site from the above user linked too, always get it from the original source (precaution and security kept in mind)

Chicken Pie 4 Tea
  • Members
  • 379 posts
I see it needs SP3 installed if you are running XP. Not going to bother then.

HotKeyIt
  • Moderators
  • 7439 posts
I have changed following settings and recompiled (now it runs on XP as well):
- General: Platform Toolset: Windows7.1SDK
- C/C++: Code Generation: Runtime Library: Multi-threaded (/MT)
- Included code folding (++ small folding fix in LexAHK1.cxx)

Download Notepad2 executables (32+64) and source code

Chicken Pie 4 Tea
  • Members
  • 379 posts
nope I get the same errors as before

HotKeyIt
  • Moderators
  • 7439 posts
Sorry my fault, I have uploaded correct version again.
Download Zip Package

Chicken Pie 4 Tea
  • Members
  • 379 posts
Still get same errors, suppose it would be helpful if someone else with xp tried it as there may be something odd with my system.

• Guests
  • Last active:

You need the visual studio 2010 runtime to run this...

...why does your version need that, when the original doesn't?

I see it needs SP3 installed if you are running XP.

...Zach's version or HotKeyIt's version?

I'm not going to use any version with more requirements than vanilla Notepad2, there's no reason to make it more complex than it is. Just compile it like flo does, not depending on something as heavy as VS2010 or SP3...use MinGW, for example.

I do not have SP3 & probably never will. I have XP SP1 & it works, I've used other people's XP SP2 & XP SP3 computers & there are many annoying bugs...
Problems/Bugs with Windows XP SP2 & SP3

[*:3ck1mdcu]Right clicking zip files don't work in Open/Save Dialogs
[*:3ck1mdcu]In Windows Search Companion, you can't sort correctly (clicking on the column headers has no effect)
[*:3ck1mdcu]Extra DRM was added in SP2, still likely present in SP3...I'm sure there are more I can't think of right now, but with just those, I'd go insane...I right-click on zip files (in Open/Save Dialogs) ALL THE TIME on my SP1 & get annoyed every time it don't work on other people's computers. Likewise, not being able to sort search results (on SP2 {& maybe SP3} {it works on my SP1}) is completely absurd, what did Microsoft do to break that?

Not as elaborate as all the other versions (not recompiled), but I have my "customized version" of Notepad2 (just a few ResHacks, moving menus around, changing Hotkeys, renaming the damn "?" menu to "Help").

I would welcome a lightweight version of Notepad2 with AutoHotkey (& soon IronAHK {but just call the Lexer "AutoHotkey"}) support, not requiring ANYTHING that vanilla Notepad2 doesn't, then, I'd add my customization to that version.

HotKeyIt
  • Moderators
  • 7439 posts

Still get same errors, suppose it would be helpful if someone else with xp tried it as there may be something odd with my system.

How big is the file you used?

Chicken Pie 4 Tea
  • Members
  • 379 posts
@ Guest, Zacks said you needed the visual studeo 2010 runtime and to use that you need to have SP3 installled. I dont know if Hotkeys version needs it.
I agree with you about the service packs. I am not going to put yet another one on, which is huge anyway.

@ hotkey not sure what you mean, are you referring to the size of the file I tried to open with notpad2? I didnt get that far, I just double clicked on the notepad2.exe and got the errors.

Zach Thibeau
  • Members
  • 57 posts
you know what I thought I would be nice and give something back to the community, just because you refuse to update your windows and keep it outdated (which even the Professional version will be outdated anyways all together) and all I get is complaints. now if anyone is interested in an AHK specific editor then I'll create a custom one, and one that is also cross platformable, I much prefer mingw anyways so I'll use that. and it's Zach not Zack

HotKeyIt
  • Moderators
  • 7439 posts

@ hotkey not sure what you mean, are you referring to the size of the file I tried to open with notpad2? I didnt get that far, I just double clicked on the notepad2.exe and got the errors.

I mean the file you use might be from your cache, so it is not downloading updated version but instead opens existing zip archive.
How big is Notepad2.exe that you double click?