Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Want UAC on (Win7) but Sendplay not working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
borgman
  • Members
  • 73 posts
  • Last active: Jan 26 2011 01:16 PM
I've found a few previous threads about similar issues, often with UAC on Vista.

I have many instances of Senplay in a script, and these are not working when I have UAC on anything other than off, even when I am logged in as an Administrator.

Can anyone suggest any way in which I can have UAC on (preferably full for security reasons) but also have my AHK Sendplays working?

Cheers

Rseding91
  • Members
  • 703 posts
  • Last active: Apr 02 2016 05:05 AM
From my limited understanding of UAC: If you are running with a User account instead of an administrator account having UAC disabled poses no security risk as UAC will only pop up when a program needs administrator level permissions. You can still get the same function by right clicking the program/file and selecting run as administrator.

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
borgman: No. The underlying mechanism of SendPlay is not compatible with UAC. Disable UAC or use a different SendMode.

rseding91: I believe User Interface Privelege Isolation (UIPI) is part of UAC and therefore will not work if UAC is disabled. In other words, lower-privileged applications would be able to send messages to or inject code into higher-privileged applications (launched by the user with Run As), which would pose a security risk. Additionally, I think Internet Explorer's "protected mode" depends on UAC. Thus, there are still benefits to having UAC enabled.

nimda
  • Members
  • 4368 posts
  • Last active: Aug 09 2015 02:36 AM
For the searchers: Enable interaction with administrative programs