Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Assign scripts to MS Extended Desktop keys using Intellitype

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic
halweg
  • Members
  • 127 posts
  • Last active: Jul 06 2015 06:54 AM
I've a MS Bluetooth Elite Keyboard and I think it may be helpful to share my experiences.
I use the 20 extended keys for different tasks. It will help me to make my work more efficiently. For instance the new created "scan key" (was "Next" Key) starts the scanner and converts paper to different file types depending on how often I've pressed it.
If I press an extended key quickly five times the AHK-editor opens and brings me directly to the key label in order to edit the key script. So I can efficiently make new uses of those keys.

To assign AHK-commands to the extended keys like "Favorites", "My Pictures", "Messenger" you can do the following:

1. Assign simple standard program commands like "copy", "close" etc. to the extended keys (using the Intellitype Software or the registry). For instance you can assign the "File Close" command to the "My Pictures" key.
(Intellitype Key code of the "My pictures" key: 65
Intellitype command code for the "File close" command: 309)

2. Find the commands.xml file in the Intellitype directory, save a copy and change the command.xml like this
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" standalone="yes" ?>
<DPGCmd>
	<Version>5.20.414.0</Version>
	<DEU>

</DEU>
	<ALL>
		<Application UniqueName="StandardSupport">
			<C309 Type="5" KeySeq="shift alt subtract" />
			<C201 Type="5" KeySeq="ctrl alt F12" />
			<C200 Type="5" KeySeq="ctrl alt F11" />
			<C301 Type="5" KeySeq="ctrl alt F3" />
			<C302 Type="5" KeySeq="F1" />
			<C202 Type="5" KeySeq="shift alt add" />
			<C203 Type="5" KeySeq="ctrl alt F5" />
			<C307 Type="5" KeySeq="ctrl alt F6" />
			<C308 Type="5" KeySeq="ctrl alt F7" />
			<C205 Type="5" KeySeq="delete" />
			<C100 Type="5" KeySeq="alt leftarrow" />
			<C101 Type="5" KeySeq="alt rightarrow" />
			<C103 Type="5" KeySeq="escape" />
			<C300 Type="5" KeySeq="enter" />
			<C319 Type="6" Activator="ZoomIn" />
			<C320 Type="6" Activator="ZoomOut" />			
			<C1101 Type="6" Activator="HorizontalScroll" />
			<C1003 Type="7" Subtype="0" />
		</Application>
	</ALL>
</DPGCmd>

In this example the command code 309 ("Close file") is assigned to the keystrokes "shift alt subtract". You can use different key combinations but consider intellitype dosn't like every combination.

3. Restart the process type32.exe or your computer.

4. Write a script like this:

+!NUMPADSUB::    MSGBOX, You pressed the "My Pictures" key!
That’s all. This way you can reassign all keys that are not accessible by AHK directly. Keys like "Browser home" don't need Intellitype; they can be deactivated in Intellitype and assigned by the appropriate key code in AHK directly (browser_home:: ).

If you like double or triple key presses use cases (like I do), consider this:

~+!NUMPADSUB::
LOOP
{
  INPUT, key_pressed, T1 L1,{NUMPADSUB}
  IF errorlevel = Timeout
  {
    MSGBOX, The "My Pictures" key was pressed %A_INDEX% times
    BREAK
  }
}
RETURN

Here https://ahknet.autoh...ite Desktop.pdf you find the needed key codes and an example how assign keystrokes to the extended keys. Consider its a german keyboard layout.

Laszlo
  • Moderators
  • 4713 posts
  • Last active: Mar 31 2012 03:17 AM
This is great! Thanks for sharing it.

If you want an overview about key-codes used by Intellitype, send me a private message. I'll send you back a graphical overview about the Intellitype key codes.

Could you post it or upload to somewhere? Someone might need it when you are not available for private emails.

halweg
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Could you post it or upload to somewhere? Someone might need it when you are not available for private emails.

I've a pdf file. Is this usable here in the forum? Or better a jpg-image?
Where is a good place for upload? Do I need a special account for uploading? Is it possible to include big bitmaps into forum posts?
The graphical image is not small, it shows the keyboard picture with the codes.

Laszlo
  • Moderators
  • 4713 posts
On https://ahknet.autohotkey.com/file you should be able to store AHK related files. Just add the URL to your original post.

halweg
  • Members
  • 127 posts
Thanks laszlo, I did it.
Uwe

Laszlo
  • Moderators
  • 4713 posts
I downloaded it, thanks! A few keys don't have their Intellitype command code listed (Volume Mute, -Up, -Down, StandBy (Sleep in the English keyboard), Favorites, and the Scroll Wheel Up, -Down, -Left, -Right). Don't they have one?

halweg
  • Members
  • 127 posts
The Intellitype command code (red) dosn't belong to the key. It's the code of one of the Intellitype internal commands. You must assign a command only, if you want to assign keystrokes by Intellitype (green).
If you can use a ahk key code directly (like browser_home) there's no need in assigning a Intellitype command.
The "My Documents" and the "My Music" keys I didn't reassign; I use there native function. But I showed the way they can be used (see the "My Pictures" example")
The "favorites" and the "Sleep" keys I couldn't assign not in Intellitype not in ahk. They don't generate any recognizable events. What a pity! :cry:

wannaberockin<-nOOb
  • Guests
  • Last active:

The "favorites" and the "Sleep" keys I couldn't assign not in Intellitype not in ahk. They don't generate any recognizable events. What a pity! :cry:

whaaa? :? no way! im in deep need of that keys i didnt use ever in the last years since i own this keybord, NOW!!!

ive got the wireless ms desktop elite here, and i really want to rock with a guitar hero clon (frets on fire)
but this f****-F-keys suck
i neeed to use these favourites keys not to get tendosynovitis (tennis elbow)
anybody out there who can help me to reassign this keys to do anything beside opening a file (or maybe use this function to write an .exe which simply presses a key (??is that posssible??) as long as i hold down the favourites button)

so the basic goal is to use this keys as a key :shock:

just some info.. i can display the pressing of the favourites buttons in a prog - coming with intelli type pro software - called "mskey" saying:
Key:My Favourite 1 (make) - HID input
Unknown Keyboard Input - HID input
Key:My Favourite 1 (break) - HID input

but i dont get any result if i change the commands.xml like described above (the pdf must be wrong somehow it does influence the F1-F5 buttons but not the Favourites)

big THX to everyone careing about my mental and physical health
:twisted: rock on :twisted:

halweg
  • Members
  • 127 posts
I said "the favorite key" (the single key to reassign the favorite keys) is a problem, not "the favorite keys" themselves. :wink:

Follow this steps:
1. Go to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\IntelliType Pro\EventMapping
There you find the keys 78-82 (at least in my case these are the numbers of the favorite keys).
2. Assign a common handler number to each "command" value of this keys. (See my pdf above, I assigned (in this order) 301 (Close), 202 (Paste), 203 (Undo), 307 (New) and 308 (Open).
3. Now you can assign key-sequences to the common handler numbers in the command.xml (See the first post in this thread).
4. Then Restart, at least the "type32" process.
5. The assigned key sequences you can finally use as hotkeys in ahk.

I'm sure, you'll rock it. 8)
Posted Image

engunneer
  • Moderators
  • 9162 posts
  • Last active: Sep 12 2014 10:36 PM
Looking at FoF, it seems painful to use Enter as the "Pick" key. You'll hurt your wrist less if you remap a key near the top right as Enter, for example:

Pause::{Enter}
PgUp::{Enter}
PgDown::{Enter}
Numpad0::{Enter}
Numpad1::{Enter}
Numpad2::{Enter}
Numpad3::{Enter}
Numpad4::{Enter}
Numpad5::{Enter}
Numpad6::{Enter}
Numpad7::{Enter}
Numpad8::{Enter}
Numpad9::{Enter}
NumPadAdd::{enter}
;etc

now the whole end of the keyboard is your "Pick", and you can hit it with your thumb (with your hand holding the area that has the indicator LEDs (assuming a normal keyboard), like a real guitar.

almostrockin<-newb
  • Guests
  • Last active:
that helped already...
kinda quick replys in an old thread... awesome :D

but im still not exactly where i want to be :oops:
now im able to make them to F-buttons, numbers or hotkeys any thing i want - but not a normal acting key (like i assign it to do c301 and defining it as "a" in commands.xml press and getting "a" in notepad and "aaaaaaaaaa" when pressing long)
when i press the edited favourite key it creates only a single output when i release it again.. so i tried also some stuff with these AHK skripts (despite the fact i didnt have skills at it) but this is pretty much senseless al long as this skript doesnt get the input by the key until i release it again

so is there a number (cXXX) or a way to set them to a real key in registry
(google got me there http://paininthetech...l_4000_keyboard but it didnt help much)

just to make it clear... the mskey-tool displays now:
Key: My Favourite 1(make)
Unkown Keyboard - HID Input
Key: My Favourite 1(break)
Key: A (make)
Key: A (break)

when i press other keys its repeating continuous
Key: X(make) - [Hexvalue]

THX again...

halweg
  • Members
  • 127 posts
This problem I couldn't solve so far. I don't use "long key presses" with these keys, only repeating presses. :(
See also http://www.autohotke... ... 2546#12546
Posted Image

rockin_on_xbox360_guitar
  • Guests
  • Last active:
:shock: well seems that there is no easy way to get this solved
-beside borrowing a xbox360 guitar of a friend-
:twisted: 8) :twisted:
so im shredding it now, but fof (or me?? never!) sucks at fast keystrokes anyway
thx for ur fast help again

rhr
  • Members
  • 217 posts
  • Last active: Feb 13 2015 02:41 AM

it is not working because it is 8 year ago, it is old.. how fix it?

ЯHR

rhr
  • Members
  • 217 posts
  • Last active: Feb 13 2015 02:41 AM

Sorry, it is working. single key is fine, but can't double key?

I use "My Pictures" is C309.  C309 is CTRL + 1 under commands.xml

^1::MSGBOX MY PICTURES

I press "My Pictures" on special key, it is working

but I want between two keyboard with '&'

; *** Media Browser/Home ***
SC132 & e:: Run iexplore.exe https://plus.google.com/109875447375460840230/posts,,max
SC132 & g:: Run %x86%Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe ,,max
SC132:: Run Firefox.exe ,,max

they are working without commands.xml

; for My Pictures
^1 & a:: msgbox this is A Pic
^1 & b:: msgbox this is B Pic
^1 & c:: msgbox this is C Pic
^1::msgbox Normal Pic

not support ! ^ # + with &, how fix double key?

ЯHR