Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Warcraft III - WarKeys the new Keycraft

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic
  • 290 posts
  • Last active: Oct 13 2010 02:12 AM
***Update: New Webpage, Easy Download, and Windows XP Fix!***
My script got too big for autohotkey with the images and all. You can get the script at the new website.

Here's a sample:
Posted Image

jtbalogh
  • Members
  • 35 posts
  • Last active: Oct 24 2006 06:57 PM
Would you be able to zip warkey executable into one ZIP file. Winzip reports an error that warkeys.zip can not find disk 1. Thanks.

I also can not run the vcredist.msi. It says there are missing files. Would I need the "Windows Installer 3.1 Redistributable", at,
<!-- m -->http://www.microsoft... ... 776fd4138c<!-- m -->
<!-- m -->http://www.softwarep...ninstallnt.html<!-- m -->

• 290 posts
I apologize for the inconvenience but because Autohotkey is designed for scripts under 2 megs, the zip file must be split. Winzip 8.1 SR-1 was used to split the file. Any later versions of winzip should also be able to open this file. Make sure you have all 3 parts of the zip when opening it.

If you are still unable to open the zip file, you may send me a Personal Message with your email and the full zip can be emailed to you.

jtbalogh
  • Members
  • 35 posts
vcredist.msi installed with the new distribution pack, but warkeys.ahk says, "AHKTreeSupportVC7.dll can not be found" ? I got a copy from the other thread in the forum, but I can not register it. It says "module can not be found" ?

• 290 posts
It should work now. The VC7.dll was used for testing purposes but it must have been uploaded by accident. The current zip file includes all the necessary dll files so you will not need to install anything else.

jtbalogh
  • Members
  • 35 posts
Works good. Thanks.

TheFobster
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Feb 22 2006 08:31 PM
I sent you a PM with my email address.

Hope this works.

Mn3MoN1C
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Is there a way to set it up so you can save a config as the standard such as QWER for all skills instead of ZXCV?

• 290 posts
Not yet, but I was planning to add that to the next version, which will be available in the next day or two. This feature will allow you to setup your own grid keys as opposed to the QWER grid.

dosboot
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Last active: Aug 07 2007 08:56 PM
First off, this is a very handy tool!

A couple suggestions:

When you modify a hotkey you shouldn't have to press enter or click OK to confirm. I'd like to just double click the icon, press the letter I want the hotkey to be, then be back at the main screen. I've remapped every key a few times over since I d/l'ed warkeys and the enter thing noticeably slows me down. Also, if you modify a hotkey and press 'e' it goes to 'Esc' first, it'd be nice if it went to 'e' first ;-)

There is something buggy about the menu on the left. Sometimes warkeys will lose focus it seems and I'm clicking on the folder in the background! Othertimes I try to click on a new unit/building and it briefly selects it but goes back to the old unit/building.

• 290 posts
I’ll try to find a work around so you don’t have to press enter when you choose a hotkey. That is the way I would prefer it to behave too, especially since that’s how it was in Keycraft.

‘e’ goes to the next e-item in the list, so if ‘a’ through ‘d’ is selected, ‘e’ will be first. If I can, I’ll make ‘e’ go to ‘e’ and ‘Esc’ go to ‘Esc’.

The left tree menu is pretty buggy for a couple reasons. First, tree support is not native to autohotkey, so the program has to make a bunch of dll calls to the dll that Micha wrote for tree support. The real problem I think is that the code for the tree stuff is pretty bad right now, is gets slower as we add more items to the tree. Hopefully, when I clean up the code here it will work a little better.

Thanks for your suggestions!

dosboot
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Last active: Aug 07 2007 08:56 PM
How much do we know about placing two icons at the same button position? I'd like to reduce the icon clutter on my command grid by basically getting rid of buttons that I never use (like the rally flag or attack/move/stop).

It looks like our other thread for wc3 scripts is kinda dead. :( I posted a new script on the wcreplays forums which automatically toggles your hotkeys on and off when the message box appears (using "enter" to toggle the keys doesn't work for me at least). Do you guys still want to share scripts? I am always coming up with new ideas.

• 290 posts
Basically when you try or accidently "stack" two or more icons, Warcraft III uses a priority system to choose what icon to place in that position. The other icons are then moved to the next available position (usually to the right of where the stacked icons were placed). So, even if you tried to stack all the unused icons, they would still show up on the grid.

Another thing to note, rally point is one of the "unmoveable" icons. It will always still in the same position even when you try to move it, and if you put other icons in that position, that icon will be moved (not the rally command).

Update: The rally command can now be moved.

I've been too busy with Warkeys to really watch the other thread, but it's still really popular, with almost 1400 views! I'm sure when people have questions they will start posting again.

MadMax
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Hmm... I'm new to autohotkey and all... How do I use warkeys with autohotkey and what does "Force Grid Align" do?

• Guests
  • Last active:
You don't need autohotkey to run warkeys, because the scipt is compiled into exe form.

"Force Grid Align" aligns all hotkeys based on their grid position. The "Hotkey Grid" at the bottom of the list allows you to change these hotkeys. Basically it aligns the grid like this:

Q W E R
A S D F
Z X C V

where the 4 by 3 grid matches the 4 by 3 grid in Warcraft III.