Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

AutoHotKey for Notepad2

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic
Zach Thibeau
  • Members
  • 57 posts
  • Last active: Nov 24 2010 05:43 PM
Howdy All
I noticed not all people are a fan of Scite and wanted a version of Notepad2 with syntax highlighting. So I created a mod of Notepad2 with AutoHotKey Syntax Highlighting.

Here is the Download link here
Posted Image
SHA1 Checksum: 9e7f88090656ea569de4d13d91d535f4141decf0

Source Code is available here at <!-- m -->http://notepad2modif... ... 2Source.7z<!-- m -->

and the Screenshot is here
Posted Image

Changelog:
3.0.20 V1.1 November 12 2008
Initial Release

3.0.20 V1.2 November 12 2008
Not much here for change other than updated syntax highlighting

3.0.20 V1.3 November 14 2008
Added Code Folding to the App (will update the screenshot soon)

3.0.20 V1.4 April 14th 2009

[*:wdf0jvb5] Modified source code to compile in Visual Studio 2008 (finally)
[*:wdf0jvb5] Modified the about box to reflect patches I used and credits for LexAHK1 to Philo :)
Note: if people are interested I could make a package of Notepad2 that will include the use of the AutoHotKey Help file and also could see if I could include the use of the other 3rd party tools here like :: SmartGUI Creator ::
and others[/list]

haichen
  • Members
  • 200 posts
  • Last active: Oct 20 2013 01:14 PM
Very nice, thanks a lot.
I thought about that some time ago (only a very short moment) but i flinched from installing MS Visual Studio, learning c, and compiling the stuff.
Since a few months i changed notepad completely to Notepad2.
:D

Zach Thibeau
  • Members
  • 57 posts
why thank you very much haichen. Now do people want me to continue with my modification to allow use of third party tools in Notepad2? Also is there any requests that people would like to make?

Zach Thibeau
  • Members
  • 57 posts
New Update, See top post for details

EricCartman
  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • Last active: Oct 26 2010 12:50 PM
Wow.

Buh-bye, Notepad++.

Zach Thibeau
  • Members
  • 57 posts
wow glad you like it :p, I'm currently trying to get intellisense integrated into Notepad2 or at least launch when notepad2 is launched

BoBo²
  • Guests
  • Last active:
1st. Thanks for your effort to provide a lean, AHK capable editor. Much appreciated. :D
2nd. One feature which has been disabled by flo(rian, the core developer of N2) within the current/origin/official release is "bookmarking".
I desperately miss that feature (cause jumping around within scripts > 50 lines can be a pain in the ... :cry:).
3rd. A final sweet would be to get a feature to assign/save bookmarks to a script.

Keep up the good work + thx for listening. 8)

Zach Thibeau
  • Members
  • 57 posts
Well I can give it a try and see if I can fix that but no promises, I'm seriously new to C Programming.
Another thing is the fact that the Source Code has been changed a lot so it may not work properly

ruespe nli
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Wow.

Buh-bye, Notepad++.

Why this? Can notepad2 also do this all?

Posted Image

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM

Not everybody likes a bloated and full featured interface. I've always preferred nano to vi for example.

thibeaz Notepad2 looks great, but the colour theme is very difficult to read. Could you look at toralfs scheme for PSPad and copy it? Another thing: why doesn't this have tabs?

autohotkey.com/net Site Manager

Contact me by email (polyethene at autohotkey.net) or message tidbit

Zach Thibeau
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Wow.

Buh-bye, Notepad++.

Posted Image

Probably not but some of us are looking for a lightwight editor and while Notepad++ yes is good but it isn't quite lightweight

Zach Thibeau
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Not everybody likes a bloated and full featured interface. I've always preferred nano to vi for example.

thibeaz Notepad2 looks great, but the colour theme is very difficult to read. Could you look at toralfs scheme for PSPad and copy it? Another thing: why doesn't this have tabs?

Florian doesn't like tabs and Personally if I tried to impliment it I probably would bloat it out and I want to preserve the lightweightness of Notepad2. as for syntax highlighting I'll see what I can do about that as for using the color scheme for pspad thats a no go it doesn't use Color Hex codes.

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM
Fair enough, I don't edit more than one script at a time anyway. What about the colours?

autohotkey.com/net Site Manager

Contact me by email (polyethene at autohotkey.net) or message tidbit

RocknRoller
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Thanks thibeaz! I like using Notepad2 for quick file edits. Integrating Intellisense in it would also be very useful.

ruespe nli: I would also be interested in knowing how you made the DBGp plugin work with autohotkey in Notepad++. That would be very useful for more complex scripts!

Thanks!

Zach Thibeau
  • Members
  • 57 posts
well I am working on something like that already but it's definitely taking time to try and work something like that into Notepad2.