Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

IronAHK still a thing?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic
thosewhoharp
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active: Mar 14 2014 06:55 PM

Is this something that still exists? I can't seem to find a web page or download link for it.

jNizM
  • Members
  • 928 posts
  • Last active: Jan 12 2018 09:23 AM
No...
just on GitHub --> IronAHK
[AHK] 1.1.27.04 x64 Unicode | [WIN] 10 Pro (Version 1709)
My GitHub Profile | Donations are appreciated if I could help you

michaelbeijer
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Last active: Jan 09 2015 09:26 AM

I am currently considering a switch from Windows to Linux, but the main thing I will miss is AHK. So I'd also like to know if the IronAHK project is really dead? I vaguely remember reading somewhere that it had come back to life, but I just went to look at the GitHub site and everything looks like it is 3 years old.

Does anyone here know of anything on Linux that is as powerful and as easy to use as AHK?

Michael

girlgamer
  • Moderators
  • 3263 posts
  • Last active: Feb 01 2015 09:49 AM

The closest working app is something called Autokey. I believe that Iron is currently in suspension for the indefinite future. I could

be wrong about that tho.

The universe is a wondrous place! The faster you create unbreakable code, the faster the universe creates people that can break it. All scripting follows the rule Rule Of Twos -- 1) Good, 2) Fast 3) Cheap -- pick any Two.
I guarantee absolutely nothing about any code I provide except that it works in my machine. ●
MMO Fighter   KeyLooperDemo   Key Spammer   TinyClickRecorder  GGs Password Generator.ahk
For the newest version of AutoHotkey and some killer scripts go here.
Rock-on%20kitten.gif

Zook
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • Last active: Sep 07 2014 07:45 PM

I've been able to run Linux in a VirtualBox and get my Windows ahk scripts to work correctly in the Linux machine :)

cedardoc
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Last active: Mar 12 2015 05:23 AM

Hi Michael, I use autokey on linux and really like it.  Its designed to use with its build in python, but I use it to launch bash scripts which can leverage all the other cool little programs you can run on linux.  specifically, i use it with xdotool, wmctrl, yad ("yet another dialog" program for gui interface for bash scripts)

I am currently considering a switch from Windows to Linux, but the main thing I will miss is AHK. So I'd also like to know if the IronAHK project is really dead? I vaguely remember reading somewhere that it had come back to life, but I just went to look at the GitHub site and everything looks like it is 3 years old.

Does anyone here know of anything on Linux that is as powerful and as easy to use as AHK?

Michael

Miguel7
  • Members
  • 56 posts
  • Last active: Mar 20 2015 02:44 AM

I've often wondered about making AHK cross-platform (and even started a little "AHK to Java translator" project since Java is cross-platform... but it looks like IronAHK was shooting for a converter to .Net?  How is .Net cross platform?  I'm asking, not to make fun, but because I'm considering picking it up and seeing what I can do with it.  I know C# as good or better than Java, but AFAIK converting AHK code to .Net code is a lateral move.  But if it's possible to run .Net programs on other platforms, I'd like to know which ones and what's involved.  Maybe once I get it goin again there'll be a renewed interest in the subject.

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor
  • Last active: Jan 15 2016 11:37 PM

IA is long dead, and it wasn't a converter but a complete rewrite (basically rewritten 3 times, iirc. once for each major OS since guis and mouse and other event stuff is all handled differently).

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*
. Populate the AutoHotkey city. Pointless but somewhat fun. .

space
  • Members
  • 520 posts
  • Last active:
@Miguel7 look at https://en.wikipedia...Mono_(software)

ineuw
  • Members
  • 50 posts
  • Last active: May 27 2016 12:35 AM

My two cents. To be clear, I am using AHK exclusively as a keyboard macro tool and not running any scripts. I have been looking for a Linux substitute for AHK since I run Xubuntu and Windows, which I was hoping to abandon eventually. However, Autokey is sadly deficient as a keyboard macro tool because it does not recognize extended ANSI characters (in the range of 0128 - 0255. (characters other than the basic ASCII between 0032 and 0127). If one tries to copy and paste an accented character, Autokey crashes, One can check out their forum on Google about this problem and others. My posts are under the same username as here. Autokey would be a great susbstitute, but unfortunately developer support is very limited (There is only one developer as far as I know).

I also tried the Wine Windows emulator on Xubuntu, but AHK in Wine as a keyboard macro program doesn't work because Linux does not permit Wine to make low level calls, which AHK needs. There is an earlier post (perhaps around summer of 2014) by me on this topic in this forum. But, from what I read, it does run scripts on Windows emulators in Linux satisfactorily. 

Windows XP SP3 2GB RAM

rjtdubey4
  • New members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Oct 12 2015 12:30 PM

I've been able to run Linux in a VirtualBox and get my Windows ahk scripts to work correctly in the Linux machine :)

Hey,

Can you tell me how you have been able to do this?