Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

Tag - Id3 Tagger [CMD]

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic
Synthetic Soul
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Following an email from uslacker I find it currently easier to post here as I have no access to my email account.

I have tested your process and it works fine for me; the tag sticks. :shock:

It is possible that Tag is rewriting the ID3v1 tag but displaying the ID3v2 tag. If I had the source with me maybe I could check this.

As the above poster points out, as Tag.exe cannot write ID3v2, so using it to amend a file with both ID3v1 and ID3v2 is probably not ideal anyway.

You could possibly use Tag/exe's --removeid3v2 switch to remove the ID3v2 tag first, but if you have both ID3v1 and ID3v2 then I assume you want them both there.

Maybe foobar's commandline format may be a batter alernative.

Sorry I can't be any more help. :(

uslacker
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Oct 16 2006 12:58 AM
OK - i tried adding --remove1d3v2u to the command line and that worked! Not sure I understand wh. If the ID3v2 tag exists, does tag not try to update the1d3v1 tag?
\\uslacker

Terrapin
  • Members
  • 107 posts
  • Last active: Feb 06 2007 03:38 PM
You might also google (or whatever) for 'id3mtag' which is a similar CLI, but writes ID3v2 if told to do so. It is freeware.

There is also 'atomicparsley' to be found at sourceforge, for mp4.

Tag.exe works great for me so far, for FLAC, and for receiving output from all but mp4 (.m4a files are what I'm working with).

Bob

Venia Legendi
  • Members
  • 35 posts
  • Last active: Apr 04 2011 08:36 PM

You might also google (or whatever) for 'id3mtag' which is a similar CLI, but writes ID3v2 if told to do so. It is freeware.

leads to <!-- m -->http://home.wanadoo.nl/squell/id3.html<!-- m --> looks promising

[ Moderator!: link was rectified ]

jaco0646
  • Moderators
  • 3165 posts
  • Last active: Apr 01 2014 01:46 AM
I used ID3 renamer to tag all my MP3s and was 100% satisfied with it.

Venia Legendi
  • Members
  • 35 posts
  • Last active: Apr 04 2011 08:36 PM

ID3 renamer

does it support command line switches?

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Just a reminder: id3lib (also available at the Utilities section) and btw. linked within the quoted description of TAG ... might be usefull with AHK's DllCall()

n-l-i-d
  • Guests
  • Last active:
mp3, video, tag, tagging, id3, ape, vorbis, flac, lyrics, itunes, mp4, 3gp

Links:

Tag.exe (~ 190k)

Tag is a command line tool that may be used to tag numerous audio files, using various tagging schemes, including ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv1, APEv2, Vorbis and Flac.

Tag can tag files automatically from their filename, by attempting to guess the filename format from one of fifty presets. You can also view tags for files, and create playlists.

Tag was originally programmed by Case.

id3.exe (~80k)

id3 mass tagger is a tool for manipulating id3 and id3v2 tags in multi- ple files. It can generate tag fields from the filename and other vari- ables, and/or rename files, using an intuitive syntax. id3 currently supports the old-style ID3 tags (ID3 v1.1), Lyrics3 tags (Lyrics3 v2.0), and the more complicated ID3v2 (ID3 v2.2.0, v2.3.0) format.

AtomicParsley (~ 90k UPX'ed)

AtomicParsley is a lightweight command line program for reading, parsing and setting metadata into MPEG-4 files supporting these styles of metadata:
iTunes-style metadata into .mp4, .m4a, .m4p, .m4v, .m4b files
3gp-style assets (3GPP TS 26.444 version 6.4.0 Release 6 specification conforming) in 3GPP, 3GPP2, MobileMP4 & derivatives
ISO copyright notices at movie & track level for MPEG-4 & derivative files
uuid private user extension text & file embedding for MPEG-4 & derivative files

Related:

ID3 Tag Lib (Forum post: CDDBControl.dll, ~ 290k UPX'd. Uses the COM library)

Here is a very simple wrapper to CDDBControl.dll
It will read and write ID3v2 tags to any mp3 file.
Not that it is currently very lightly tested—use with caution.

MediaInfo (Forum post: MediaInfo.dll, ~ 460k UPX'd) ... MediaInfo Home

What information can I get from MediaInfo?
General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
Text: language of subtitle
Chapters: number of chapters, list of chapters

What format (container) does MediaInfo support?
Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)...
(Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...

Review: AudioGenie2.dll [Nagware] (Forum post: AudioGenie2.dll, ~140k UPX'd) ... AudioGenie Home

AudioGenie is a fast 32Bit ActiveX-OCX with over 345 functions to read audio file information (like Bitrate, Samplerate, Frames, Duration, Version-Number, etc). The OCX also has functionality to read and write audio file tags like id3v1, id3v2, ape and more.
You can use AudioGenie in many programming languages, such as Visual Basic, VB.NET, Excel, Access, Java and more...

8)

• Guests
  • Last active:
@ n-l-i-d : you could specify what can read/write, by example MediaInfo is only a tag reader, even BASS could do that.

@ Venia Legend i: id3v1 is so old and legacy, why removing id3v2? get a proper editor!

___

ID3 MASS Tagger
<!-- m -->http://home.wanadoo....3.html#download<!-- m -->

ID3 MASS Tagger is a tool for manipulating id3 and id3v2 tags in multi- ple files. It can generate tag fields from the filename and other vari- ables, and/or rename files, using an intuitive syntax. id3 currently supports the old-style ID3 tags (ID3 v1.1), Lyrics3 tags (Lyrics3 v2.0), and the more complicated ID3v2 (ID3 v2.2.0, v2.3.0) format. This also means use is pretty much limited to audio files which use these formats, e.g, MPEG-1 Layer III.

rEX
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Last active: Jan 27 2014 03:41 PM
thanks For Such Command Line tool .It Helps me alot to read/write id tags