Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Registry Commander 1.04 [ RegEdit Alternate ]

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic
SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:

Registry Commander - [Freeware]
http://www.aezay.dk/...gcmd/index.html

General Information

- Use this application as an alternative for the registry editor that comes with windows (REGEDIT.EXE).
- Registry Commander can do what all other registry editors can't such as cut/copy/paste, advanced search, change value type (string => binary), bookmark of keys and values, support of other types than just strings, dword and binary values.
- A thing I never understood is why no registration database editors showed the size of the value data, this is properly one of the things that made me create this application!

Features in Registry Commander v1.04

- Registry Commander uses some standard shortcuts defined from back in the DOS days in applications such as Norton Commander.
- A column always displays the size of a values data.
- Supports all 12 data types in the registry, defined in the "winnt.h" header file. Most other registry editors only handles Strings, Binary, DWord & Expanded Strings sometimes even MultiString, that's only 5.
- Copy or Rename/Move entire keys and values from one key to another.
- A history list has been added to quickly jump from current key to a previously key.
- Cut or Copy keys and values from one key and paste them into another, using the clipboard.
- With the reg:// protocol, you can create links to a specific key in the registry, it works the same way as http:// does.
- Able to change a value's data type. E.g. you can change a string into a binary value without changing the contents of the data.
- Ability to interpret one value for another, without modifying the data. This would allow you to view a string saved as a binary value.
- Search part of or the entire registry database, not only can you search by a keyword, but you can also search by size or data type.
- Registry Commander allows you to bookmark keys or values so you can access them more quickly.

Download: Registry Commander v1.04 (build 3054) ( 561 KB )

kWo4Lk1.png

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2012 10:09 PM
Wow, the kind of stuff I searched for a long time, always finding only sharewares! It looks awsome, some features make it a must have, if interface is good. I will download it right now!
Thanks!

[EDIT] Tested, looks nice, perhaps a bit slow, and I miss the permanent tree view, but I can get used to it.
Posted Image vPhiLho := RegExReplace("Philippe Lhoste", "^(\w{3})\w*\s+\b(\w{3})\w*$", "$1$2")

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM
tried it out... feature-wise it looks good, the only gripe i've got is that the TreeView isn't available where it should be, and when that window is opened, the main window becomes disabled.

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
@ PhiLho, Rajat & friends
would you mind to give a comment on: [hWnd Monitor] from the same author? Thx. 8)

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM

@ PhiLho, Rajat & friends
would you mind to give a comment on: [hWnd Monitor] from the same author? Thx. 8)

reading the feature list, i thought maybe it'd let me keep a watch on windows messages as well... but sadly, it just lets you post'em (ofcourse besides other things it does)... used it on some windows, but didnt' make me jump out of joy on anything.

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

AbsolutePressure
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  • Last active: Sep 25 2008 11:17 PM
dead link

SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:
The website might be temporarily facing difficulties, I guess.
I have uploaded the file in autohotkey.net temporarily.

:)

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
  • Last active: May 20 2019 07:41 AM
This app sucks bad IMO. Its slow as hell and interface is bad.
Posted Image

Edgar
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Using 10.04.23 version. Looks good.