Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Get Bryce 5.0 Free

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic
peejay
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • Last active: Jul 09 2009 11:30 AM
DAZ Productions anounced the following:

Download Bryce 5 Free

It's now even easier to create breathtakingly realistic 3D landscapes and animations with Bryce. For a limited time, DAZ is pleased to offer Bryce 5 software absolutely FREE!* Now through September 6, 2006, download Bryce 5 for no charge at Download.com. Once you have completed your installation, you will be prompted to register your copy at the DAZ3D.com website to receive your Bryce 5 serial number. At that time, you'll also be able to download the Bryce 5 presets. Strike an optimum balance between power and ease of use by integrating this innovative 3D software into your creative process.

This DAZ special offer is available only at Download.com and will absolutely end on September 6, 2006! So don't delay in picking up this gift of one of the finest landscaping and animation software applications available anywhere.

*An extensive collection of Bryce 5 original content is available as part of a special Bryce 5 Content Pack in the DAZ web store.

Might be of interest to somebody :wink:
The Gods smile upon you. Beware - it is probably because they know what is going to happen to you next, and find it amusing. To them, anyway. --- Discworld Horrorscope: http://www.weirdnes.....uk/stars3.html

Demokos as guest
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Thanks for the info.
I downloaded it. It seems to be interesting.

not-logged-in-daonlyfreez
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Try Google SketchUp too... 8)

SoggyDog
  • Members
  • 803 posts
  • Last active: Mar 04 2013 06:27 AM
I've been using Bryce (and LightWave and 3D Studio Max and Vue and Rhino and ZBrush and Poser and Blender and Maya and ... anyway) for years. I always like seeing things like this because it might entice more people to tinker around with 3D art. With a lot of these apps (Bryce, especially) you don't really have to know much to create some fantastic art. I've used these apps as a hobby, not having any formal art background, and think that some of my work is pretty good.

See http://www.soggydog.net/Art for examples.

SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:

See http://www.soggydog.net/Art for examples.

Quite impressive :D .. Can you create a nice wallpaper with AutoHotkey as the theme? Please!

Regards, :)
kWo4Lk1.png

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2012 10:09 PM
Good stuff indeed. I like the mouse... :-)
I used POV-Ray, but never had time to learn to use a good modeler, so I only made base stuff.
Downloaded Blender several time too, installed it sometime, never went very far...
Posted Image vPhiLho := RegExReplace("Philippe Lhoste", "^(\w{3})\w*\s+\b(\w{3})\w*$", "$1$2")

SoggyDog
  • Members
  • 803 posts

Can you create a nice wallpaper with AutoHotkey as the theme? Please!

My job and my kids take up a LOT more time than they used to, but I'll give it a shot.

SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:

but I'll give it a shot.

Thanks & Regards, :D
kWo4Lk1.png

SoggyDog
  • Members
  • 803 posts
Here is my first installment of AutoHotKey wallpapers.

Posted Image

EDIT: I've only viewed this on LCD monitors and it looks fine. Let me know if the image is too dark and I can lighten it up a bit.

SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:

Posted Image

Let me know if the image is too dark and I can lighten it up a bit.

Thanks! It is my desktop background right now!
It is dark .. My desktop size is 1024x768 .. The edges around
Autohotkey appears jagged when the image is stretched to
fit the desktop.
I think a horizontal display of the word "AutoHotkey" would be better than
the current inclined position. Just my thoughts!

Thanks again .. Regards, :)
kWo4Lk1.png

SoggyDog
  • Members
  • 803 posts

Thanks! It is my desktop background right now!
It is dark .. My desktop size is 1024x768 .. The edges around
Autohotkey appears jagged when the image is stretched to
fit the desktop.
I think a horizontal display of the word "AutoHotkey" would be better than
the current inclined position. Just my thoughts!

Thanks again .. Regards, :)

Thanks for your input. I'll take note of your suggestions for future Wallpapers.

Further, Titan was kind enough to point out the enormous size of the file and posted a png version on another post.

zomg a 1875kb bmp!!!
Here is a lossless 24 bit PNG version: http://img246.images.../ahkwallch9.png

I like the 3d texture and the background zoom fx. Since it's to do with AutoHotkey I can understand why you chose the blue, red and green colours in that order of layering but tbh they don't look good together.

My rating: 8/10 (size and colors)

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts

Further, Titan was kind enough to point out the enormous size of the file and posted a png version on another post.

Well, for wallpapers, the official format is indeed BMP, so I understand, but giving a PNG file to share make sense. Either one convert it back to BMP (unless XP supports other formats now?), or use some wallpaper utility. I use happily WallpaperChanger to set randomly my favorite images as WP...
Posted Image vPhiLho := RegExReplace("Philippe Lhoste", "^(\w{3})\w*\s+\b(\w{3})\w*$", "$1$2")

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM

Well, for wallpapers, the official format is indeed BMP

Any types of image works. The sample wallapapers shipped with Windows are jpg.

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts
Really? That's strange. I found JPG images under Windows\Web\Wallpaper, but the only image I see in the list of Desktop properties is the lone BMP one...
If I browse for an image, I see all image types, but if I select a JPG image, it ignores it.
WinXP Pro SP2. Perhaps it is because Active Desktop is deactivated. Of course, if the background is an HTML page, you can use any Web image type.

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM

WinXP Pro SP2. Perhaps it is because Active Desktop is deactivated.

I also have Active Desktop deactivated and the same OS as you, but I can use bmp, jpg, png, gif, tiff, etc. Maybe it's something else like a registry setting?