Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

sendplay windows 10 trouble

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic
Hedin4eg
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Last active: Jan 31 2018 02:26 PM

SENDPLAY doesn't work under win10.

Disabling UAC at control panel, which solved the same problem on win7, doesn't help, running a script or a compiled .exe with admin rights and/or in Vista-7-8 compatibility mode neither.

SEND or SENDINPUT do work, but they fit my purposes much worse.

windows 10 pro 64x.

Help, please.

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
See EnableUIAccess.

SEND or SENDINPUT do work, but they fit my purposes much worse.

How so? It seems to me that a command which has no effect at all cannot fit your purpose better than any other command. ;)

I've personally never found any use for SendPlay.

Disabling UAC at control panel, which solved the same problem on win7, doesn't help

You can't disable UAC in the control panel on Windows 8 and later. You can only disable the prompts.

Hedin4eg
  • Members
  • 5 posts

See EnableUIAccess.

How so? It seems to me that a command which has no effect at all cannot fit your purpose better than any other command. ;)

I've personally never found any use for SendPlay.
You can't disable UAC in the control panel on Windows 8 and later. You can only disable the prompts.

I used it on win7, now I upgraded to win10 and found it isn't working, tried send and sendinput, but they don't behave well for me, too slow and sometimes after sending e.g. "abcdef" by pressing e.g. "alt+a" the ALT button seems to remain in "down" condition, that never happened with sendplay. I had the same problem on win7/XP before started using Sendplay.

EnableUIAccess doesn't help.

Is there any way to disable UAC completely on win10, or any other ideas?

Hedin4eg
  • Members
  • 5 posts

oh I found how to disable UAC in registry, but it will also kill all metro apps, so I need some other solution I think =\

viperzero
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • Last active: Aug 07 2016 04:00 PM

try using the "Filter Keys" mostly found in accessibility in control panel/start menu. it mostly works for me in Win7, I dunno aboout Win10, or try putting a blockinput on/off in the hotkey.

If the above doesn't work, try "SendMode/SendEvent" it can be used as substitute for SendPlay (atleast in my case).

Hedin4eg
  • Members
  • 5 posts

"SendMode Play" seems to work fine, thanks

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:

EnableUIAccess doesn't help.

Yes it does, when you use it correctly.

"SendMode Play" seems to work fine, thanks

Are you using the Send command? If you use SendMode Play, Send is exactly equivalent to SendPlay. If one works, so will the other. Neither one will work with UAC enabled unless EnableUIAccess has, in fact, done its job.

On Windows Vista and later, you must do one of the following for SendPlay or SendMode Play + Send to work:
  • Disable UAC completely. As you noted, this will kill apps on Windows 10 (or 8).
  • Create a patched executable using EnableUIAccess, and then use that executable to run the script.
SendMode Play has absolutely no effect on SendEvent.

Hedin4eg
  • Members
  • 5 posts

I just say what I see

EnableUIAccess + SendPlay = don't work

SendMode Play + Send = do work