Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Aaccents in Firefox searchfield

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic
Terka
  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • Last active:

Hi im from Czech republic and we use letters like

ěščřžýáíéúů

Would like to use these in searchfield in firefox.

Could someone help please?

simple script

:*:aaa::ěščřžýáíéúů

is not working, it types

ešcržýáíéúu

space
  • Members
  • 520 posts
  • Last active:
Are you sure you're running the Unicode version of AutoHotkey and second did you save your script as UTF8 http://ahkscript.org.../Scripts.htm#cp

Exaskryz
  • Members
  • 3249 posts
  • Last active: Nov 20 2015 05:30 AM

I'm on a fork of Firefox called Pale Moon. I copied your script exactly and the search box shows every one of those accents on each letter. I am running 64 bit Unicode AHK and my script is saved as UTF-8 file encoding. I am on Windows 8.1. I would expect that your Firefox should show all the characters if the script is performing correctly. Do as space recommended and it should work. If not, we'll be happy to try to work with you on why it might be going wrong or alternative solutions.

Oh, I am using an American English keyboard layout, in case that has any effect somehow.

Terka
  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • Last active:

thank you, is there any command to check the version to be sure?

Terka
  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • Last active:

when re runnig setup, the setup menu shows:

Autohotkey v1.1.22.07 unicode 32-bit is installed.

have czech and also us keyboard.

trying 2 lines script:

codepage = 65001

when typing aaa

it shows:

ešcržýáíéúu

tried all diffrent codepages:

codepage = 65001
codepage = 0
codepage = 1252

codepage = 1200
but none makes a difference

Exaskryz
  • Members
  • 3249 posts

What happens when you do one of these?

:*:aaa::
SendInput ěščřžýáíéúů
return

or

clipboard:="ěščřžýáíéúů"
SendInput ^v ; common paste shortcut, may adjust for the language currently used
return

Edit, you can also try these two:

SendInput % Chr(283) Chr(353) Chr(269) Chr(345) Chr(382) Chr(253) Chr(225) Chr(237) Chr(233) Chr(250) Chr(367)
return

or

clipboard:=Chr(283) Chr(353) Chr(269) Chr(345) Chr(382) Chr(253) Chr(225) Chr(237) Chr(233) Chr(250) Chr(367)
SendInput ^v ; common paste shortcut, may adjust for the language currently used
return

Terka
  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • Last active:

Thank you.

the last 2 are working, first 2 are not. (on the computer at work)

i realized that on my home computer the

is working but had not time to check the version.

Is there any easy way to check the AHK version?

Exaskryz
  • Members
  • 3249 posts

^6::MsgBox % A_AhkVersion "`n" A_IsUnicode

If you see a "1" on the second line, then you are using a Unicode version of AHK. The first line specifies the version. I don't know if there's an easy way to tell if you're on 32-bit or 64-bit unicode; if you are not on unicode then you are on 32-bit ANSI.

Terka
  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • Last active:

it shows

so i have unicode version

Exaskryz
  • Members
  • 3249 posts

Yep, you have the latest version of AHK and as a unicode version.

Is that the version of AHK that was working for you for sending the accented characters (home computer), or the one you needed help with (work computer)?

Actually, I might've gotten a bit lost in the thread. Using the workaround I suggested with the Chr() function, do you find that to be acceptable, or would you like to work further on figuring out why you can't simply use :*:aaa::ěščřžýáíéúů on your work computer?

Terka
  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • Last active:

Exaskryz, thank you.

Its the not working one.

The chr workaround is not an option for me, have to put large number of text and exit it sometimes.

Ill be glad if you can help me with it.

Exaskryz
  • Members
  • 3249 posts

What language have you been testing this script on? As I've had success on a US English keyboard and am also on a unicode version (Though I'm on a 6 months out of date version of AHK), ideally I'd want you to test on an English keyboard. Even if after the test you need to use your Czech keyboard layout, we can try to work out how that may work, if the Czech keyboard layout is indeed a reason for the problem.

Additionally, have you exited all other scripts and tested a script that contained just the single line :*:aaa::ěščřžýáíéúů? I want to try to rule out external factors like keyboard language and internal factors like other parts of the script interfering in some way.

Terka
  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • Last active:

i used single line script

everything else was turned off

Exaskryz
  • Members
  • 3249 posts

Darn. I'm not sure what the problem may be. Only thing I can suggest is installing the same version of AHK as you have on the computer what the script behaves correctly on, on the computer that does not. Hopefully that would resolve it, but it might change other scripts' behaviors.

space
  • Members
  • 520 posts
  • Last active:
Do you have any security software running perhaps, it might be interfering ... Did the paste method above work? If so you can use http://autohotkey.co...-the-clipboard/to make it easy to use/process.