Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Zip Thumbnails (Updated:version 4.6.2, 18.4.2011)

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic
deucengine
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Jan 31 2010 03:01 AM
Ok so magically after doing it for the 3rd time it's working. However I still got the error below when running the bat. Thought I'd share it in case others get it as well.

Posted Image

Meganubis
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active: Feb 10 2010 06:31 AM
run as admin, from the top of my head.

T800
  • Members
  • 107 posts
  • Last active: Feb 01 2014 11:14 PM
OMG, you're all so impatient :shock: , hold on, I'm putting together a small help/FAQ file to make it a little more 'complete' installer package.
("...prepare for salvation..." \m/ )

Yes, error code 0x80070005 means you are not running under admin account (<!-- m -->http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827659<!-- m -->). You can open 'Start->All Programs->Accessories' and right click 'Command Prompt' to choose 'Run as administrator', then type 'regsvr32 <full path to dll>'.

deucengine
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Jan 31 2010 03:01 AM
LOL can't help but be impatient when you have such a useful tool.

I had tried running the batch file as admin but it didn't like it that way. Had to run CMD Prompt as admin to get it to link it. (Gotta love UAC in Windows 7 - My account is admin but Regsvr32 seems to need the UAC athuenication and doesn't work till you run it from an admin CMD Prompt).

Thanks you so very much!!

T800
  • Members
  • 107 posts
The wait is over...

I give you version 4.0.1.6
http://free-sk.t-com...re/cbxShell.htm

noboy
  • Guests
  • Last active:
T800: Is it normal for zip not to have the associated icon which is supposed to be in the lower right of the thumbnail or is it just me? My rars have icon.

Will you be putting this in lifehacker.com? Then again, doing this will crash the site... :(

T800
  • Members
  • 107 posts
It seems you will need to disable Zip Folders (aka Compressed Folders).
I googled a bit and it looks like XdN Tweaker (freeware) can do this with one click.

Alternative possibilities:

If you have ZIP associated with some archiver like WinRAR or 7-Zip, rename registry key
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.zip\CLSID
to anything else, eg. _CLSID, it should do the trick.

If you open zip with Explorer, I think this will provide some information:
<!-- m -->http://www.annoyance...w/article03-202<!-- m -->
Beware!
Don't delete registry keys (that can be very bad), just rename them (has same effect as deleting).
You'll maybe need to take ownership of registry key to do that.

noboy
  • Guests
  • Last active:
T800: Thanks, the registry trick worked - and it's quite easy to do too.

The XdN Tweaker software didn't work for me (it's a great utility for Win7 tho), so other should just do the registry trick (T800, maybe you can add this trick to the next version maybe?)

T800
  • Members
  • 107 posts
Generally, this goes beyond simple registry trick (like installer deletes just one registry key to fix CDisplayEx-related thumbnail problem), so I think it's a job for some other utility.
To disable zipped folders means to possibly mess with registry keys that can't be manipulated from installer because normally only system core has permissions/privileges to change them and/or it gets complicated to make it work in a clean way.

P.S.
All you questions are potentially good FAQ material (I included this one a few minutes ago and updated links).

raulci
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Feb 09 2010 05:43 PM
Thanks for the app, T800!
But I have some problems to make it work.
I have Win7 x64, and trying to install version 4.0.1.6.

When installed (even using Admin), there is no CBXManager.exe orr CBXShell.dll (neither x64 versions of these files). Only files unins000.dat and unins000.exe are in the installed directory.

Anyway, I downloaded file cbx4002p.zip from previous posts, and put files in the installed directory. I can run CBXManager.exe and CBXManager64.exe, and also register CBXShell.dll BUT can't register CBXShell64.dll. It says can't load file, but i have double checked the path and it is correct. Here is an image (in spanish sorry):

Posted Image

So, thumbs are not generated.

Waiting for your help! Thanks!

T800
  • Members
  • 107 posts
There was a problem with the installer and custom paths (I totally overlooked it, your screenshot pointed me to the error), fixed now.
:arrow: Download new installer (file version 4.0.1.6002 and zip comment says February 10th 2010).
Make shore to uninstall old version first, so it doesn't leave files behind.

Here are zipped binaries only (need unrar.dll/unrar64.dll), for those who like to DIY.

raulci
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Feb 09 2010 05:43 PM

There was a problem with the installer and custom paths (I totally overlooked it, your screenshot pointed me to the error), fixed now.

Ok, thanks for the fix!
I have tried and now it installs and works perfect!
Thanks again!

Foolish
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Feb 26 2010 08:34 AM
Awesome work T800.

Would it be hard to also apply this to the Window 7's Preview Pane?

• Guests
  • Last active:
it already does

Foolish
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Feb 26 2010 08:34 AM

it already does

I'm running Win7 x64 and I don't see anything. :cry: