Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

MMORPG bots

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic
ZeusTKP
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active: Feb 15 2005 08:12 AM
Hey, does anyone have any experience making (or links to info about) MMORPG bots?

Basically a program that does the horribly repetitive tasks of an MMORPG for you.

Some issues that come up when trying to make a program like this is how to extract the information about the world from the game. It's easy if the game allows you to create logs, but what if it doesn't? Is there a way to examine the memory contents of a running process?

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
  • Last active: Feb 24 2008 04:22 AM
That seems kinda weird to me. What's the point of the game if you're not even going to play it? Is there some special thrill to getting high levels and massive amounts of items? We can't even make our robots do useful things anymore; they're having our fun now too.

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM
It's very easy to script macros with AutoHotkey for some games which is good if you're worried about RSI.

AutoScriptWriter is a good start to writing macros :)

ZeusTKP
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active: Feb 15 2005 08:12 AM

That seems kinda weird to me. What's the point of the game if you're not even going to play it? Is there some special thrill to getting high levels and massive amounts of items? We can't even make our robots do useful things anymore; they're having our fun now too.

i'm not interested in getting a lot of points in the game as much as the challenge of actually writing the bot, and just "hacking" in general.

• Guests
  • Last active:

One simple answer for you: MONEY
Some people will pay real life money for items and money in games.
Others will sell in game money and items for real life money.
It is all about money.....and possibly bragging rights.

Dra_Gon
  • Members
  • 373 posts
  • Last active: Oct 27 2009 04:20 PM

One simple answer for you: MONEY
Some people will pay real life money for items and money in games.
Others will sell in game money and items for real life money.
It is all about money.....and possibly bragging rights.

I've recently posted a thread about a game I play, darkthrone. Aside from the "money" thing {which is nice to get even if it is only in the game :wink:}, darkthrone has a "recruiter".
You have to click this recruiter link 350 times each day to get more people into your population. I've been searching the forum today for a way that AHK can do this {preferably in the background} so I don't wear out my finger clicking that d@#n link. Though I have a multi-frame page and {now} a small script I made using the AutoScriptWriter, I'd still like something of what ZeusTKP is asking.
I'm trying to work on the solution via the html coding of darkthrone's pages directly at the moment. If that doesn't work, I'll see if something can be done indirectly {no, I don't really know what I'm talking about but it sounds good to me:wink:}. We'll see, anyway.

Dra'Gon

P.S. I realize this thread is a bit past it's prime, but I just came across it and it fit with what I'm looking for.
Posted Image
For a good laugh {hopefully} >> megamatts.50megs.com

My WritersCafe profile>>
http://www.writersca...BlueDragonFire/