Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

MySecret Blowfish - Clipboard & File De/Encryption [CMD]

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic
BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:

MySecret Blowfish Encryption Utility
MySecret is a command-line freeware utility that can be used to encrypt and decrypt messages in an email-friendly manner. It works by encrypting or decrypting the contents of the clipboard. It can also work in file mode.

MySecret.exe is small - 60 kB - and quick. It uses the Blowfish algorithm to create base64-encoded text output that can be easily transmitted over the Internet or stored on any computer system. For more information on Blowfish see the web site of its inventor, Bruce Schneier and his references to Products that Use Blowfish.

[Download]
[More...]

8)

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM
probably this isn't the right tool for it, but i used it on a big file. it increased its size by nearly 50%!
can u suggest a li'lest cmd line encryption util that doesn't increase file size (maybe compresses instead!) and is optimum for FileInstalling?

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:

can u suggest a li'lest cmd line encryption util that doesn't increase file size (maybe compresses instead!)

:idea: :wink:

acrypt creates compressed strongly encrypted (TwoFish 128 bits) self extracting packages suitable for e-mailing. Extremely easy to use. Freeware. Source available

[Download] (359 KB)

Get more from [here]

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
oh actually i should've emphasized on 'optimum for FileInstalling'... what i meant was tiniest possible... and >359 kb is like overkill... probably i'll stick to MySecret for now and use in on small files only. atleast till you fish out something new from your hat!

(by the way i've reduced size of mysecret.exe to abt 30kb) Posted Image

MIA

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM
Hang on...
Run, MySecret [-d] [-?] [-p password] [testc.txt testc1.txt]
Using the above code, MySecret doesn't do nothing. The file is in the working directory but it doesn't seem to be doing anything to the original file let alone make a crypted one. Is there something I'm doing wrongly?

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
generic help:
when a cmd line's params are given like [this] then that means they're optional, but when used, are to be used without the brackets!

MIA

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
:wink:

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM
Ty Rajat :)

Another thing, would I have to use FileAppend and FileRead each time to do this, wouldn't it work with variables? (I don't want to use the clipboard method).

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:

SureCrypt is an ultra small encryption program designed for fast processing of extremely large files. It can encrypt or decrypt files as fast as Windows Explorer can copy them. SureCrypt presents a flexible user interface with detailed record of all operations.

Download
surecrypt.exev1.00 [9kB] Windows GUI
sc.exe v1.02 [5kB] Windows CLI (command-line)
sc v1.02 [8kB] FreeBSD
sc.txt v1.02 CLI help file
surecrypt.c v1.02 source code

Small enough ? :)

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
@BoBo
would it be too much to ask for your search techniques?? ... thanx!
Posted Image

@Titan
well u'll have to use clipboard or file technique. for using surecrypt u'll have to use FileAppend for password too!

though there's a way to get what you want... create a simple encryption function in ahk itself and use it on your vars!!
Posted Image

MIA

Nemroth
  • Members
  • 278 posts
  • Last active: Dec 31 2011 10:53 PM
Et un de plus !!!
And one more !!!
Simply Crypt 1.0.6 (a command line utility in Open Source) and his Crypt-Gui 0.5 (Open source too...), all two with source code at SourceFORGE.net
Crypt is here
and all the downloads are here

crypt: © Animesh Srivastava
Licenced Under GNU Public Licence (GPL)
Version: 1.0.6

Usage: C:\CRYPT.EXE [-d|-e] -p password file... [-R] [-r[n]] dir.. [-h]

-h display this help message and quit (ignore all other options).
-e encrypt: One and only one of -e or -d should be given.
-d decrypt: One and only one of -e or -d should be given.
-p password: password to (en/de)crypt. Must be given.
-i ignore non-fatal errors (missing files etc) from this point onwards.
file should be a regular file or a directory.
dir should be a directory.

recursive action on directory:
-r (en/de)crypt recursively till the last level.
-rn (en/de)crypt recursively only to depth n (a non-zero positive integer).
-r and -rn operates only on the directory just after the option.
-R makes all directories after -R to be infinitely recursive.

Note: Starting Version 0.2.4 the software overwrites the (en/de)crypted file on the original file.
This means that you will _NOT_ be able to recover the original file if the password is lost.

May be it can be integrated to AHK in the form of an internal command ?

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

May be it can be integrated to AHK in the form of an internal command ?

For now, I think a built-in encryption command is a little outside the scope of the project. Even so, it would not surprise me if it gets added someday by me or someone else.

Nemroth
  • Members
  • 278 posts
As it is allready coded, may be is it just an adaptation work for you, Chris ???!!!
Because it's you, an other one with source...
AxCrypt 1.6 at SourceFORGE.net :
The project page
The Home page
The download page

Edit : Don't hesitate to go to SourceFORGE.net, there are so many Open Source softs, in encrpytion domain (also TrueCrypt, mcrypt,...) and others.
One of the Ali Baba cavern of the Open Source...

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
In this case, the availability of the code isn't the problem. It's more likely to be the size of the code (the download appears to be 1 MB in size, so chances are, it's a lot of source).

Whenever new commands or features are added to AutoHotkey, the size of every compiled script is increased by a small amount. For this reason, care must be taken to strip features down to the bare minimum of code necessary.

Another concern is project scope: although encryption is useful, its complexity and ever-evolving nature seem to put it too far outside the primary missions of AutoHotkey (automation and hotkeys :))

Nemroth
  • Members
  • 278 posts

In this case, the availability of the code isn't the problem. It's more likely to be the size of the code (the download appears to be 1 MB in size, so chances are, it's a lot of source).

Whenever new commands or features are added to AutoHotkey, the size of every compiled script is increased by a small amount. For this reason, care must be taken to strip features down to the bare minimum of code necessary.

I think that with the source of Crypt, it would'nt be too much, but...

Another concern is project scope: although encryption is useful, its complexity and ever-evolving nature seem to put it too far outside the primary missions of AutoHotkey (automation and hotkeys :))

... I'm perfectly agree with that. It's far to be a priority, as guys who want to use a small crypt engine with their AHK scripts can do it from AHK whith a software in command line, like "DLOCK 2", "MySecret Blowfish Encryption Utility 2.0" or "Crypt 1.0.6". The integration to AHK would be nice, but can't be considered as an emergency need.