Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

SpeedCrunch - GUI Calculator

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic
polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM

SpeedCrunch is a fast, high precision and powerful desktop calculator.
Available for LinuxLinux, WindowsMicrosoft Windows, and Mac OS XMac OS X.

Few of its distinctive features are:

* scrollable display
* up to 50 decimal precisions
* unlimited variable storage
* intelligent automatic completion
* full keyboard-friendly
* more than 50 built-in math function
* optional keypad

And enjoy also the convenience featurelets:

* on-the-fly calculation
* customizable appearance
* syntax highlight, with parentheses matching

Learn more or download it now. It's completely FREE!

Also supports hex, octal and binary numerical formats.

autohotkey.com/net Site Manager

Contact me by email (polyethene at autohotkey.net) or message tidbit

Laszlo
  • Moderators
  • 4713 posts
  • Last active: Mar 31 2012 03:17 AM
It is really good! My calculator can finally retire. Thanks for the link!

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
  • Last active: May 20 2019 07:41 AM
I like Total Calculator. It has integrated Lua scriping and parallel display of expression in 4 common number systems. Its also very small, portable, freeware, and has nothing to do with Total Commander.

The speedcrunch has some stupid bug - if you open side bar with functions and vars and things, you must close the app twice.
Posted Image

garry
  • Spam Officer
  • 3219 posts
  • Last active: Sep 20 2018 02:47 PM
thanks, very good
I like also SuperCalculator2, freeware, standalone,306kB, can correct like in notepad
see the old result

<!-- m -->http://plamentd.trip.../downloads.html<!-- m -->

Laszlo
  • Moderators
  • 4713 posts
I downloaded Total Calculator, but it does not even start in Vista. I guess it would need a Vista compatible LUA dll, but there is no error message, nothing, just a crash. Super Calculator 2 works, but only in standard double precision (16 digits vs 50 digits of SpeedCrunch) and a much smaller set of functions than SpeedCrunch. Not even with 64-bit integers. On the plus side, it supports some bitwise (logic) operations.

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts

I downloaded Total Calculator, but it does not even start in Vista

Works on XP, using it on bunch of machines. Make it work, I am sure you will like it.
Posted Image

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2012 10:09 PM
Ah, Total Calculator looks a lot like ECW Expression Calculator made by Alexey Torgashin, which is currently my favorite. Except it has no longer a site so you can only get via download sites.
I will try it, the Lua scripting is very seductive...

To Laszlo: Vista is a mess, at least for old software compatibility. I saw that users of Illustrator or XPress must buy a new, expensive version just to install the software.
Now, there was a recent thread about Lua on Vista in the mailing list, it was suggested to make a manifest for the DLL. I don't know more...

I will try SpeedCrunch too... (3.8MB and an installer? :evil: )
Posted Image vPhiLho := RegExReplace("Philippe Lhoste", "^(\w{3})\w*\s+\b(\w{3})\w*$", "$1$2")

Andreone
  • Members
  • 257 posts
  • Last active: Mar 19 2008 05:30 PM

I will try SpeedCrunch too... (3.8MB and an installer? :evil: )

You can use Universal Extractor which allow, as its name said, to uncompress lot of formats, including installers. It doesn't work every time though (but it's OK for SpeedCrunch).
PS: Universal Extractor is free :wink:

Laszlo
  • Moderators
  • 4713 posts

Vista is a mess

Yes, it drives me crazy, sometimes. But, if you want to boot from USB sticks (without undocumented workarounds), use SW RAID, and a few more tools, you need it. And some new PC’s come with it installed, and it is a pain in the neck to reformat the disks and buy and install XP. So, I am stuck with it. I keep my old laptop for important stuff, which don’t run under Vista, like Net Meeting. But a scriptable calculator would be nice in Vista. (My Monster does some, but not all what I need.)

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
I would really like a graphing feature in a calc. Can anybody recommend one for vista?

Andreone
  • Members
  • 257 posts
  • Last active: Mar 19 2008 05:30 PM

I would really like a graphing feature in a calc. Can anybody recommend one for vista?

I think Microsoft PowerToys has one.

Laszlo
  • Moderators
  • 4713 posts
The power toys calculator does not work with Vista. It may be a little too much for casual use, but SciLab does all graphing and calculations you can imagine. It is free, open source, actively maintained and runs under Vista.

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts

Alexey Torgashin

Yes, this is well known TC plugin contributor, and as both authors are Russians and projects are mostly open source.....

2Titan
I posted recently app that is designed only for graphing. State of the art IMO. You should check it out.
Posted Image

engunneer
  • Moderators
  • 9162 posts
  • Last active: Sep 12 2014 10:36 PM

I saw that users of Illustrator or XPress must buy a new, expensive version just to install the software.

SolidWorks as well had to come out with a special Vista edition. basically, any software that used hacks and workarounds to actually run, particularly in GUI code, have to be updated. I did manage to get Solidworks 2006 running on Vista, but 2007 and 2003 would not. 2006 required being run as Admin.

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
SpeedCrunch is also open source, it's based on Qt (which explains it large file size). Laszlo said Total Calculator is incompatible with vista. I'm using a ripped PowertoyCalc atm. and apart from the warning dialog it's pretty decent. Still wish the SpeedCrunch developer would concider graphs...