Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Suggestions on documentation improvements

• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic
ruespe
  • Members
  • 567 posts
  • Last active: Dec 01 2014 07:59 PM
Hi Chris,

could you please add a "Related"-link on UrlDownloadToFile to the FileCopy-Command.

Thanks

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
WinMove implies the X and Y parameters are required ...

WinMove, WinTitle, WinText, X, Y [, Width, Height, ExcludeTitle, ExcludeText]

... but the behaviour documented for Width and Height appears to also apply for X and Y:

If either is omitted, blank, or the word DEFAULT, the size/position in that dimension will not be changed.

I suggest adding the above for X, Y. The [ should probably be left where it is since omitting X and its trailing comma (and subsequent parameters) causes the two-parameter mode (WinMove, X, Y) to be used.

AEN007
  • Members
  • 136 posts
  • Last active: Feb 07 2012 05:24 PM
20March2010

Greetings.
Please see»
<!-- m -->http://www.autohotke... ... 082#341082<!-- m -->
All of the related AHK documentation regarding ExcludeText
is incorrect, inaccurate - misleading. The AHK WSpy documentation
does not account for the "TabbedWindowBug".

Thank you.
Regards,
AEN
Æ

JDN
  • Members
  • 313 posts
  • Last active: Sep 03 2016 06:51 AM
If the following is indeed a typo, I will wager it is the smallest typo ever reported to you.

In the Help file,

Keyboard Control - Hotkeys and Hotstrings - #Hotstring - Endchars - Specify the word EndChars followed a single space - should be "followed by a single space"

I seem to be wrong most of the time I report typos. So, if I am wrong here, I apologize in advance.

svi
  • Members
  • 237 posts
  • Last active: Mar 09 2015 06:34 PM

- UP - Limitations''":e36n07ah]An "Up" hotkey without a normal/down counterpart hotkey will completely take over that key to prevent it from getting stuck down.

Also if the normal/down hotkey is defined after the "Up" hotkey, the "Up" hotkey is ignored!

The following script's first line doesn't perform anything although it's listed in "Hotkeys and their methods":
~Ctrl Up:: ToolTip Ctrl Up
~Ctrl:: ToolTip Ctrl Down
Q.E.D.
Pekka Vartto

• Guests
  • Last active:
Hey, sorry if i'm wrong about this. But i think that that fileappend will not create a file if the folder it's supposed to be inside of does not exist.

Recommend adding a note about that.

jaco0646
  • Moderators
  • 3165 posts
  • Last active: Apr 01 2014 01:46 AM
Suggested adjustment to the sentence about forcing an expression: http://www.autohotke...p=361589#361589.

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
I think that the example for FileReadLine encourages the use of that command in a loop, which is inefficient and error-prone. Perhaps users would be less likely to make mistakes like this one if the loop was removed (i.e. the example simplified). The existing "File-reading loop" links on that page should be sufficient to cover that functionality.

Barney9
  • Members
  • 62 posts
  • Last active: Oct 09 2015 09:13 AM
The documentation of the "KeyWait" command says:

Waits for a key or mouse/joystick button to be released or pressed down.

and

If this parameter is blank, the command will wait indefinitely for the specified key or mouse/joystick button to be physically released by the user

I think it is unclear whether ...released... means released state or the release event/action.

jaco0646
  • Moderators
  • 3165 posts
  • Last active: Apr 01 2014 01:46 AM
On the SetFormat page, in the padding section, it should be explicitly stated that integers are not padded. They must be converted to floats first.

SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:

On the SetFormat page, in the padding section, it should be explicitly stated that integers are not padded. They must be converted to floats first.

+1

Also the part of following example creates confusion:

Var = 11.333333
SetFormat, float, 6.2
Var -= 1  ; Sets Var to be 10.33 with one leading space because the total width is 6.
SetFormat, float, 0.2
Var += 1  ; Sets Var to be 11.33 with no leading spaces.
[color=red]SetFormat, float, 06.0
Var += 0  ; Sets Var to be 000011[/color]

; Convert a decimal integer to hexadecimal:
SetFormat, IntegerFast, hex
Var += 0  ; Sets Var (which previously contained 11) to be 0xb.
Var .= ""  ; Necessary due to the "fast" mode.
SetFormat, IntegerFast, d

Could be altered as

Var = 11.333333
SetFormat, float, 6.2
Var -= 1  ; Sets Var to be 10.33 with one leading space because the total width is 6.
SetFormat, float, 0.2
Var += 1  ; Sets Var to be 11.33 with no leading spaces.
[color=blue]SetFormat, float, 0
Var += 0  ; Rounds-off Var to 11
[/color]SetFormat, float, 06.0
Var += 0[color=red].0[/color]  ; Sets Var to be 000011

; Convert a decimal integer to hexadecimal:
SetFormat, IntegerFast, hex
Var += 0  ; Sets Var (which previously contained 11) to be 0xb.
Var .= ""  ; Necessary due to the "fast" mode.
SetFormat, IntegerFast, d

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
From DllCall - Structure Example:
MsgBox % "Left " . NumGet(Rect, 0, [color=red]true[/color]) . " Top " . NumGet(Rect, 4, [color=red]true[/color])
    . " Right " . NumGet(Rect, 8, [color=red]true[/color]) . " Bottom " . NumGet(Rect, 12, [color=red]true[/color])
It seems to be based on the initially planned syntax, where true for that parameter meant "signed".

• Guests
  • Last active:
FormatTime[/url">

":3kkmryav]; This method is used to support more than 24 hours worth of sections.

...I believe it means...

FormatTime[/url">

should've":3kkmryav]; This method is used to support more than 24 hours worth of seconds.

...interestingly, this is all over the site/forum, from people copy/pasting...
"This method is used to support more than 24 hours worth of sections." site:autohotkey.com - Google Search...(too many, that I couldn't tell if it this was already reported or just used in examples).

Of course, I don't expect Chris to come out of Hibernation just to fix that. Speaking of which, shouldn't someone ask Chris for write access to the site?...or at least to the docs?...or even complete access to take over AutoHotkey?...since/if he's never coming back.

svi
  • Members
  • 237 posts
  • Last active: Mar 09 2015 06:34 PM
An explicit error:

ControlSetText, Static1, NewText, <insert title of splash window>

(Should be "text of splash window")

EDIT: NEVER MIND :oops:
Pekka Vartto

• Guests
  • Last active:

(Should be "text of splash window")