Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Game: ManyTetris - Customizable Pocket Tetris

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic
Icarus
  • Members
  • 851 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2012 11:17 AM
Version 0.14 is up:

[*:33heoun5]Fixed : Maximum drop speed was not obeyed properly. Caused some games to generate a runtime error (thanks Obi-Wahn).
[*:33heoun5]Fixed : Games dropdown list should now be unfocused on startup. Should fix the issue of the dropdown changing during gameplay (noticed on some computers) (thanks Obi-Wahn).
Obi-Whan
- can you please confirm that its ok now?
Z_Gecko - didnt notice your response there up until now, sorry. Yeah, the MaxDropSpeed is in fact "MinDropSpeed" - all speeds are in fact times used by the Sleep command. so MaxDropSpeed needs to be LOWER than DropSpeed. I left your game settings as is in the current release (start with 200, then try to reduce by 10 but since 200-10 is lower than 900, we use 900)
Sector-Seven - Freeware tools built with AutoHotkey

Icarus
  • Members
  • 851 posts

Icarus, that is very professionally done! :!: :O I happily relinquish the title of "Best self-contained AHK game produced to date." You've earned it.

jaco - can you point me to your game? I am curious. :)

Obi-Wahn
  • Members
  • 77 posts
  • Last active: Oct 29 2012 05:55 PM
Well thats curious. Sometimes it changes the list, sometimes not. Maybe it's caused by my computer.
I flew over the code, but it looks like everything 'd work...

jaco0646
  • Moderators
  • 3165 posts
  • Last active: Apr 01 2014 01:46 AM
Infection [Game] Enjoy!

P.S. I updated the Games section of the Wiki a couple weeks ago with every AHK game I could find.

Obi-Wahn
  • Members
  • 77 posts
@Icarus: I had two Ideas for the Game(s):
1.) Preview window for the next Block
2.) The Tetris Melody playing in the Background

That'd make the Game like the old Gameboy experience...
(you know, that's just Ideas, Inspiration,...)

EDIT: And a Pause-Button, which I could code by myself, but I'd have to change the script every time a new version comes out.

1K ThX

Icarus
  • Members
  • 851 posts
roger that obi-whan
adding to the todo.

the pause button has been requested by others also.
i will post a version with the pause, and leave the rest for later versions.

Icarus
  • Members
  • 851 posts
Version 0.15 is up:[*:1s190840]Added : Pause button (p). Will reduce 5 points. To unpause, press any of the arrow keys or p again. (thanks keren, Obi-Wahn)

Obi-Wahn
  • Members
  • 77 posts
Thanks a lot, Icarus :D

Laszlo
  • Moderators
  • 4713 posts
  • Last active: Mar 31 2012 03:17 AM
Very nice! I cannot play it when the score gets above 1400, though, it is just too fast for me.

One problem: the game sometimes slows down, then it gets back to normal speed after a couple of minutes (Vista-32). I wonder if it is due to the sound... Have you tried the multimedia timer instead of AHK’s SetTimer? It could make the speed more consistent.

Another issue is when a popup window steals the focus. When I get back to Tetris, a few pieces have already dropped. Maybe making the game always on top, and a timer activates it in reaction to window-change system messages, or just periodically? Or, with always on top game window, the hotkeys could work when the Tetris window exists, not only when it is active?

Icarus
  • Members
  • 851 posts
Hey Laszlo, thanks :)
I am not familiar with the multimedia timer you are mentioning. What is it?
I also believe that these small halts are related to disk access, when trying to play a sound.

About the focus issue - how about I make the game so it automatically pauses when the focus is lost, and unpause when focus is back?

EDIT:
Ok, implemented the focus change + changed the speed values of the game templates so it will be slower.
Posting version 0,16 in a few.

Icarus
  • Members
  • 851 posts
Version 0.16 is up:[*:1sywcw3c]Added : Will now automatically pause when focus to the window is lost (thanks Laszlo).
[*:1sywcw3c]Changed: Reduced speed increase, max speed and starting speed for most of the games (thanks Laszlo).

Laszlo
  • Moderators
  • 4713 posts
See the Multimedia Timer Reference. I spent a few minutes with them, but my script kept on crashing. Need to read the info more thoroughly... The joystick timer (winmm.dll\joySetCapture) worked perfectly for me, but only when a joystick is plugged in.

Pausing the script when the focus is lost allows cheating: just Alt-TAB to a small window somewhere let you think about the next move. I think AlwaysOnTop and #IfWinExist is better.

Icarus
  • Members
  • 851 posts
IfWinExist may be very annoying, if you want to do something else.
The Pause feature already allows you to cheat - but people required to be able to pause.
But, what I did is that with each pause (and with each pause that is created by the alt tab) you lose 5 points.
So, its cheating with a price... :)

Will check that timer, thanks.

Laszlo
  • Moderators
  • 4713 posts
... or minimizing Tetris if it looses focus? Less chance for cheating if the game is invisible. The speed is good now for beginners. I have no problem to reach a score of several thousand.

Elesar
  • Members
  • 696 posts
  • Last active: May 08 2015 09:51 PM
I would also suggest minimizing the window, or drawing a "cover" over the play field while paused. Only those with a sharp memory would be able to think out the next move without having to toggle the pause a couple times, reducing their score.

I have not yet tried this, but I am about to download it :D