Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Min2Tray v1.7.9 - minimize window to tray & much more!

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic
jayden
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I just downloaded the most recent one (1.7.7). Im feeling Min2Tray out, so sorry if im a newbie (im a newbie.). I used the boss key, put some windows to the tray, and then stealth mode. Did not change the stealth mode hotkey. Repressed the hotkey for SM, nothing happens... am i doing anything wrong?

• Guests
  • Last active:
sorry for the late reply, but i got no ping from the forum ;-(

i don't think you are doing anything wrong. the StealthMode key just hides/unhides the tray icons created by Min2Tray. every other key assignment will still work the same way as always (i.e. BossKey).

cheers...
Junyx

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • Last active: Nov 01 2015 06:37 PM
...the last post was indeed from me :)

again, cheers...
Junyx

peter733
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Jun 25 2010 07:52 PM
I would like to say thank you. It's a great tool.

Please make it possible to restore (as in it is currently in a minimized state) program A, by running / executing another instance of program A.

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
  • Last active: Nov 12 2012 08:51 PM
I don't think this is easily possible, except when you are talking about running it through an AHK script.

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts

I would like to say thank you. It's a great tool.
Please make it possible to restore (as in it is currently in a minimized state) program A, by running / executing another instance of program A.

thanks for your appreciation!

currently, Min2Tray doesn't natively support a feature like AllTray for *nix provides.
but, as we are using a flexible scripting language with AutoHotkey, you can use the following 4-liner:

Run, notepad.exe, , Min UseErrorLevel, runPID
Sleep, 100
WinGet, winID, ID, ahk_pid %runPID%
Run, C:\Programs\Min2Tray\Min2Tray.exe %winID%, , UseErrorLevel

just save this file as min-notepad.ahk and enjoy.
substitute notepad.exe with your program and adjust the path to Min2Tray.exe accordingly.

with some more argument parsing this little script could start any program stated on the command line hidden and with a tray icon.
hint: look at the Min2Tray.ahk script for line 84 ff :-)

Junyx

Treetopped
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Jan 15 2010 10:10 AM
Hi

It is slightly off topic, but relevant.
I have knocked together a very simple script for launching and controlling single app with one hotkey. In this example it is OneNote, but I use multiple scripts for different apps:

;-----OneNote control----------------------------------------
#n::
IfWinExist, Microsoft OneNote,,,2010
IfWinActive, Microsoft OneNote
{
WinMinimize
WinHide Microsoft OneNote
return
}
else
{
Winshow Microsoft OneNote
WinActivate
WinMaximize
return
}
else 
{
Run OneNote
WinMaximize, Microsoft OneNote
return
}
return

It works just fine (despite being crude:)) but I would prefer to see an icon in system tray when OneNote is running and hidden - by default hidden windows are "invisible".
Can it be done in minimalistic way?

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts

It works just fine (despite being crude:)) but I would prefer to see an icon in system tray when OneNote is running and hidden - by default hidden windows are "invisible".
Can it be done in minimalistic way?

well, Min2Tray creates systray icons for hidden windows by spawning one instance of itself per hidden window. therefore we can just use
Menu, TRAY, Icon, %file%, %number%, 1
per instance to change/show an icon per hidden window. this is the method natively supported by AutoHotkey.

but i know there exist some sort of library floating around this forum that enables AHK to show arbitrary icons in the systray. you just have to have one instance of AHK running (here: your script that hides away the program) and this instance may spawn multiple systray icons. i just cannot remember the name of the author/library...

...searching is your friend: http://www.autohotke...pic.php?t=26042 - [module] Tray 2.1 by majkinetor.

happy hacking!
Junyx

99freddo
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Jul 09 2018 01:46 AM
This looks like a very useful program-thanks
How do I add items to the Startup Minimize List? When I open it from the menu it is empty and I can find no way to add the programs I want to statup minimized at logon.

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts

How do I add items to the Startup Minimize List?

open Min2Tray main preferences: WIN+CTRL+ALT+P.
check: StartupMinimize (poss. making some changes to timespan or intervall if needed).

start the program that should be on StartupMinimize list.
minimize it to tray with Min2Tray.
you should see an icon for that program in the system tray. right click the icon, then Preferences.
check "Window is on StartupMinimize list".

now there's one entry in the list.
you may edit it an add a window title or window ID to reduce the focus of StartupMinimize to special windows of that particular program.
e.g. "Google - Opera" to just minimize opera windows with this title if you have opera.exe on the list.

Junyx

franc
  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • Last active: Feb 13 2019 12:50 PM
I just don't find the documentation - where is it?

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts

I just don't find the documentation - where is it?

well, sorry, man - there's no such thing as a documentation.
i thought the program would be self explanatory :lol:

no, really! you may follow the release notes to get a grasp of what's under the hood of Min2Tray.
this program was meant to be a little tool just for my needs, so i never wrote a documentation...

Junyx

franc
  • Members
  • 42 posts
e.g. I minimize a program (totalcmd) with the middle mouse button and hush! it disappears. No little icon in the systray, only with procexplorer I can bring it to the front.
Is this a bug or my corky system?

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts

it disappears. No little icon in the systray [...]
Is this a bug or my corky system?

i just installed TotalCommander to test it (to c:\totalcmd).
if i minimze tc's window, an icon will appear in the systray!
the icon does however not look like tc's, but like the one of Min2Tray.

this is due to the fact that M2T searches certain paths for the exe-name of the program minimized.
but tc is NOT in the search path (c:\windows;c:\programs). so the generic icon will be used.

first time search will also take some time, depending on the amount of programs in the search path!
so be patient and give M2T some time to show the tray-icon.

after you see the tray-icon for tc you may set a custom icon via its preferences.
this icon may come from "c:\totalcmd\totalcmd.exe" or any other icon/exe/dll-file you like.

Junyx

franc
  • Members
  • 42 posts

...so be patient and give M2T some time to show the tray-icon....

How much time?
More then 15 minutes?
I still have a second instance of Min2Tray in my processes, but I am not sure if some day there will be an icon for totalcmd...
I have totalcmd in my path, by the way.