Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Lexer and Folding For N++ (Finally!) - [Deprecated]

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic
geokoder
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • Last active: Jul 27 2012 12:21 AM
Mirrors:
AHKExternalLexer-Current.zip
SciLexer.dll

EDIT: Big thank you to Maestr0 for the original mirror!

Maestr0
  • Members
  • 652 posts
  • Last active: Aug 17 2019 06:07 PM
You're welcome :D

suomipoi
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Oh my god! This is the best highlighting thing ever! The default that comes with AHK have such poor colours that I barely see the light blue text against the white backround.

Thx again. I love you :)

iDrug
  • Members
  • 389 posts
  • Last active: Oct 11 2015 09:24 PM
all links in the initial post are dead

iDrug
  • Members
  • 389 posts
I still don't get: if I use portable Notepad++, then is it necessary to REPLACE the old SciLexer.dll with the new one?
If so - then why do we need a plug-in to support external lexers?
If it's not necessary - then where should I put SciLexer.dll to make both of them work?

guest3456
  • Members
  • 1704 posts
  • Last active: Nov 19 2015 11:58 AM
you should replace the dll that comes with NP++ with the dll from the OP

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:

If so - then why do we need a plug-in to support external lexers?

The main benefit of an external lexer is that it does not need to be compiled into the Scintilla binary, but in this case the lexer is incompatible with newer Scintilla binaries.

The new Scilexer.dll used on 5.8 has some major changes thus making my lexer unusable.

iDrug
  • Members
  • 389 posts

The main benefit of an external lexer is that it does not need to be compiled into the Scintilla binary, but in this case the lexer is incompatible with newer Scintilla binaries.

I still don't get it: if we replace the lexer's dll - then it's no longer an external lexer. It maybe not supported by default by n++, but it's not external anymore.
If we install a plugin to support external lexers - why do we need to actually replace the lexer's dll? Why can't we put the 2nd one somewhere else and use plugin to hook it additionally to the default lexer?

iDrug
  • Members
  • 389 posts
By the way, do you accept bug reports?
I've created a 1100+ lines script and once I realized that it's pretty hard to navigate inside of it's code, so I added folding marks. And it worked perfectly fine... but just until I closed Notepad++. When I reopened the very same script in Notepad++ after it was closed - the existing folding marks completely stopped working. If I add new folding marks to that script - those new ones start working, but once again: only until I close Notepad++.

guest3456
  • Members
  • 1704 posts
  • Last active: Nov 19 2015 11:58 AM

I still don't get it: if we replace the lexer's dll - then it's no longer an external lexer. It maybe not supported by default by n++, but it's not external anymore.
If we install a plugin to support external lexers - why do we need to actually replace the lexer's dll? Why can't we put the 2nd one somewhere else and use plugin to hook it additionally to the default lexer?

obviously you broad idea is correct

when this lexer was originally created, it DID work with the built in dll supplied with Notepad++. at that time, you didn't have to replace the original. replacing the new dll is a WORKAROUND to allow the created lexer to work with newer versions of NP++

if you dont want to replace the dll and want it to be truly "external", you need to dl and use NP++ 5.7 i think

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:

I still don't get it: if we replace the lexer's dll - then it's no longer an external lexer.

If the lexer is not integrated into SciLexer.dll, but implemented in a separate dll, then it is external.

If we install a plugin to support external lexers

It's not a plugin. It's an old version of SciLexer.dll, presumably from an old version of Notepad++.

RaptorX
  • Members
  • 751 posts
  • Last active: Feb 19 2015 02:47 AM
All links are dead because Autohotkey.net is having problems at the moment.
I will update OP soon!
AutoHotkey Toolkit [Main Project]
Scintilla Wrapper
LexAHKL

• Guests
  • Last active:
I can't seem to get this working with NP++ 6.13 on Windows 7 64 Bit. Any helps?

I have the plugin and SciLexer.dll from:

http://www.autohotke...=555120#p555120

The plugins and themes folders have been replaced with those in the zip.

ruespe
  • Members
  • 567 posts
  • Last active: Dec 01 2014 07:59 PM
New Notepad++ v6.2 includes a new User Defined Languge (UDL2) system
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.autohotkey.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=93530">viewtopic.php?f=7&t=93530</a><!-- l -->

OpalMonkey
  • Members
  • 29 posts
  • Last active: Aug 07 2015 08:21 AM

New Notepad++ v6.2 includes a new User Defined Languge (UDL2) system
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.autohotkey.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=93530">viewtopic.php?f=7&t=93530</a><!-- l -->

I spent a couple of hours yesterday trying to defining AHK_L in UDL2. There seem to be several things I can't find a way to define (labels, folding and string highlighting of line separated "()", and a few other minor things). Unless I (or someone else who actually knows what they're doing) finds a way to get those working, I doubt I'll be switching over.

Too bad. It would be so nice to have reliable folding again.