Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

SavePictureAs - (Save Image/Picture)

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic
solareclipse
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Sep 02 2013 07:59 PM

Update: it doesnt work with chrome , dont know why, in IE 11 it works

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts
  • Last active: Nov 27 2015 01:09 AM

Update: it doesnt work with chrome , dont know why, in IE 11 it works

I will get access to windows 8 over the weekend and test SavePictureAs on Chrome.
Check out my scripts.  (MyIpChanger) (XPSnap) (SavePictureAs) All my scripts are tested on Windows 7, AutoHotkey 32 bit Ansi unless otherwise stated.

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts
I downloaded and installed Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview and google chrome version 29.0.1547.62.

When I right click on an image and press "v" the Save As window opens as it should.

Something has disabled your shortcut keys on your chrome right click menu.

Google has released these versions of Chrome after V29.0.1547.62.

Google Chrome 31.0.1612.1 Dev
 Google Chrome 30.0.1599.22 Beta
 Google Chrome 30.0.1599.14 Beta
 Google Chrome 30.0.1599.10 Dev
 Google Chrome 30.0.1599.0 Dev
 Google Chrome 30.0.1588.0 Dev
 Google Chrome 30.0.1581.2 Dev
 Google Chrome 30.0.1573.2 Dev
 Google Chrome 30.0.1568.2 Dev
 Google Chrome 30.0.1566.2 Dev

You might try one of these to see if your right click shortcuts are restored.
Check out my scripts.  (MyIpChanger) (XPSnap) (SavePictureAs) All my scripts are tested on Windows 7, AutoHotkey 32 bit Ansi unless otherwise stated.

MSM
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Jan 17 2014 05:16 PM

Download links are broken, can you please reupload somewhere (ge.tt or somewhere else).

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts
You can download version 9.4 from this link. http://www.softpedia...PictureAs.shtml

I can email you the latest .ahk version or .exe version if you would like.

The "Check for Updates" won't work until I fix the dropbox issue.

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts
I added copy.com links to the first post to download the ahk, exe and zip files.

Deke Rivers
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Mar 10 2014 02:50 PM

AND JUST WHAT EXACTLY DO I USE THIS FOR? :S :

Trojan horse Generic35.BCQF (High Level Threat  :angry: )

You got any instructions for this?  :shy: .

Will it need feeding? :D .

Google said something about the zip file containing "malicious content"  :O ....could this be what it eats? :p ...I'm out of sugar lumps  :(

trojan%2BHorse%2B3.png

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts

AND JUST WHAT EXACTLY DO I USE THIS FOR? :S :
Trojan horse Generic35.BCQF (High Level Threat  :angry: )

You got any instructions for this?  :shy: .
Will it need feeding? :D .
Google said something about the zip file containing "malicious content"  :O ....could this be what it eats? :p ...I'm out of sugar lumps  :(.

This has been a very long and heavily debated issue. Look at this.... http://www.autohotke...ic/17661-virus/

Search the forum for virus and you will see too many posts that you can read in one day.

Compile one of your scripts and use https://www.virustotal.com/ to check for virus's and you'll most likely get results showing at least one antivirus company showing it infected.

SoftPedia has verified version 9.8 to be free of virus's but if you download it from SoftPedia http://www.softpedia...PictureAs.shtml and use VirusTotal.com to scan it, the results show 6 infections.

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts
I have submitted SavePictureAs.exe to each of the antivirus companies that was giving a false positive. Each of them have verified SavePictureAs.exe does not contain any malware.

Now VirusTotal.com comes back with a clean scan of SavePictureAs.exe. All 48 antivirus companies that VirusTotal uses verified there is no malware in SavePictureAs.exe

You can see the results here. https://www.virustot...sis/1389997517/

Download SavePictureAs.exe and run a scan on it at VirusTotal.com to see for yourself.

thanks

ErrorOnLine1
  • Members
  • 230 posts
  • Last active: Oct 05 2015 02:46 PM

trojan%2BHorse%2B3.png

Anybody remember Steve Reeves from the Hercules movies? He was one of my childhood heroes along with Sky King and the Lone Ranger. I still remember how crushed I was when my Sky King Secret Decoder Ring got lost in the mail. 

Thanks for bringing back really old memories, Deke.

leod
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Apr 15 2015 08:52 PM

Hey, I've been looking for something like this for quite a while and am glad I stumbled over this, but it's not quite working right.

When I hit the key, it opens the right click menu, hits V to open the save as dialogue, but there it just stops.

It neither navigates to the specified folder (which does exist), nor does it hit enter to actually save the image, and then after a tiny while an error window by SPA pops up reading "This may not be a savable picture. If you are sure this is a savable picture, try to save it again. [...]", and this happens with every image on any website.

The Save As... dialogue then just lingers around until I do something with it.

Windows 7, Chrome 41.0.2272.118 m

Any idea what could be wrong?

I mean to be honest I'd actually be satisfied with just having it open the dialogue, but the error message every time kills even that accomplishment.

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts
I just tried it with Chrome Version 42.0.2311.90 m on Windows 7 and ahk version 1.1.19.01 and it worked like it should using this url http://images.visitcanberra.com.au/.

What version of AutoHotkey are you using?

If you are still having this issue there are some things we can try...

Could you provide a screenshot of the Save As window that opens and never closes.

I can put together a little troubleshooting script.

After pressing the hotkey the script waits for the Save As window.
Once the window is detected it sends text to the File name: input box. This text includes a temporary path and name of the picture you are saving.
After sending this text the script clicks on the Save button. The script then renames and moves the picture to the path you have assigned to the hotkey.

It looks like the script is not detecting the Save As window.

Let me know if I can assist you in determining what is going wrong.

thanks
DataLife

Jokewa
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Aug 31 2015 03:24 PM
Hello.
First i want to thank you for this awesome script.

I am however having the same problem as leode.
I am quite sure this is a localization problem. (hotkeys change in both windows and browsers)
I would suggest a system for letting those who speak different languages check which key is needed and save it.

Here is a screenshot of the error. Filename was marked but untouched.
Spoiler

and windowspy screenshot centered on save as window
Spoiler

Ahk v1.1.21.03
Chrome 42.0.2311.90 m
Windows 7

Here is a very simpel version i threw together for my swedish configuration.
Change (USER) if you want to use it (i am very new to AHK and need to improve it with winwait and other things).
Spoiler

Troubleshooting would be appriciated.
(To those who want to complain about the amount of tabs:
I have 3 windows with even more. Because research!)

Acecool
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Apr 03 2017 07:57 AM

Major issues with Firefox it seems... I tried compiling, running as admin, etc... nothing but errors... Save error, photo already exists error ( when it doesn't ), 0 bytes error, photo not being moved from temp error, etc...

Honestly I think it'd be easier, and more efficient, to write something simple which copies the name and the data and saves it instead of going through the dialog which is meant for users, not code, etc...

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts

Hello.
First i want to thank you for this awesome script.

I am however having the same problem as leode.
I am quite sure this is a localization problem. (hotkeys change in both windows and browsers)
I would suggest a system for letting those who speak different languages check which key is needed and save it.

Here is a screenshot of the error. Filename was marked but untouched.

Spoiler

and windowspy screenshot centered on save as window
Spoiler

Ahk v1.1.21.03
Chrome 42.0.2311.90 m
Windows 7

Here is a very simpel version i threw together for my swedish configuration.
Change (USER) if you want to use it (i am very new to AHK and need to improve it with winwait and other things).
Spoiler

Troubleshooting would be appriciated.
(To those who want to complain about the amount of tabs:
I have 3 windows with even more. Because research!)

My language is 0409 and is found by
%a_language%
Yours is probably 041d

In order to support the Swedish language I would need the shortcut keys and Save Picture As dialog window titles for all the other browsers that SavePictureAs supports. I would also need to test the Swedish language on vista, windows 7 and windows 8. Since I don't read or speak Swedish it would be difficult for me to do this.