Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Aero Thumbnails

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
maul.esel
  • Members
  • 790 posts
  • Last active: Jan 05 2013 09:26 PM
This library and class contain functions to create, control and show Aero Thumbnails in a AutoHotkey GUI.

Thumbnails are live display-only windows on open applications rendered by the DWM.
Thumbnails are used by the Flip and Alt+Tab task switchers.
You can essentially request a thumbnail of an application's window and have it rendered in your application.
The thumbnail API will provide you with a live representation of an application's window.

This requires WinVista or Win7!

Posted Image
(a little demo showing a site generated with AHK.net Website Generatur)

[*:5z1eo91q]Library + Documentation
[*:5z1eo91q]Class + Documentation
[*:5z1eo91q](created with NDocs custom installer by majkinetor)

[*:5z1eo91q]Thanks to:[*:5z1eo91q]skrommel: for doing an example that helped me to understand my initial mistakes
[*:5z1eo91q]IsNull & RaptorOne for correcting mistakes in my code[*:5z1eo91q]Examples:[*:5z1eo91q]library
[*:5z1eo91q]class[*:5z1eo91q]Related:[*:5z1eo91q]More dwmapi.dll features in RaptorOne's and Bentschi's Aero library
[*:5z1eo91q]Taskbar thumbnails & more in the ITaskbarList lib & class[/list]Regards
maul.esel
Join the discussion on The future of AutoHotkey
Posted Image Visit me on github Posted Image
Win7 HP SP1 64bit | AHK_L U 64bit

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1317 posts
  • Last active: Dec 05 2016 10:14 PM
Very nice function, I have actually thought of using something like this at some point. However, you had syntax errors in your example (from the documentation - <!-- m -->https://ahknet.autoh...Th ... Lib.htm<!-- m -->), and iirc you can't name a library thumbnails if the functions are named "Thumbnail_create()" etc.

The syntax errors I had to fix to get it working was renaming the library, changing "Win-Exist" to WinExist and in Thumbnail_SetRegion add the Thumbnail parameter, aswell as change them to be on one row only. Oh, and it is spelled "width".

maul.esel
  • Members
  • 790 posts
Thank you :D
I also noticed the mistakes and corrected them in the new NDoc documentation.

Regards
maul.esel

JonS
  • Members
  • 49 posts
  • Last active: Feb 09 2018 07:45 PM
oh....this is awesome, thank you! I'll look forward to using this.

I've always wished Windows had something sort of up to par with what Apple makes for window and desktops management. (See Apple's Mission Control for example, which I think is replacing the older Exposé and Spaces.) This AHK library, which I believe uses Windows' DWM API, can allow people to code stuff similar to this in AHK.

There was this AHK script, expose clone, which used the older gdip.ahk, so it worked on Windows XP but was rather choppy and glitchy (because of Windows' GDI+).

There was also this more legit Switcher for Vista, which must have used Vista's DWM. It is also like expose.

So, hopefully some awesome AHK stuff may result from this. When I find time later, I will try experimenting with it.

maul.esel
  • Members
  • 790 posts
Glad you like it :D

Small update, please redownload.
I corrected some typos.

Regards
maul.esel

maul.esel
  • Members
  • 790 posts
Finally: class available now!

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
  • Last active: Nov 12 2012 08:51 PM
Thanks! I think I might find a use for this.