Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Basic GUI creator.

• Please log in to reply
339 replies to this topic
maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts
  • Last active: Apr 10 2019 01:28 PM
Added:
-Create new GUI from Clipboard.
Fixed:
-Small issue with loading GUIs not created with this script or scripts with more than just GUI information.

Morpheus
  • Members
  • 475 posts
  • Last active: Oct 21 2014 11:08 AM
I'm having an issue when using tabs. I create the tabs first and add a button to tab1, followed by adding a listview to tab1. The gui creator will not let me move the listview, and responds to the button instead. Also, the code window seems wrong. I do not have this problem without tabs. I am using the binary version 1.1.3, which I believe is the latest but the version number does not match the change log so I am not sure.

KooKsTeR
  • Members
  • 157 posts
  • Last active: Aug 21 2015 09:55 PM
it seems the test script function is not working.

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts
Morpheus, I think I have your issue sorted out. Let me know if you are still getting the same error. (or let me know if it is fixed :) I like getting feedback either way)
I had tried combining a loop down to a regexreplace and for some reason it was giving me issues. I should have just left well enough alone.

KooKsTeR I hope that this cleared up your issue as well. If not please let me know what it is doing so I can help.

KooKsTeR
  • Members
  • 157 posts
i think the glitch has to do with it reloading itself. I was running your script through a pipe. Once i saved it and ran it from there it seems to be working.

Morpheus
  • Members
  • 475 posts
It works perfectly, Thank you!

I really like this Gui Creator, and your support is greatly appreciated. :D

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts
KooKsTeR I am glad to see that it is working for you. If you ever run into anything else or have a suggestion feel free to contact me.

Morpheus, I am just glad to see that people are using the script. It is not possible for me to try out everything possible in the script so having people using it and reporting any issues helps me make the script better than if I were to work on it alone. I must admit I have not been working on this one as much as before but I am always happy to find a reason to get back to it. Any improvements to this can easily be mirrored into a plugin for my other project so it helps out others.

Thank you both for your help!

KooKsTeR
  • Members
  • 157 posts

KooKsTeR I am glad to see that it is working for you. If you ever run into anything else or have a suggestion feel free to contact me.

Will do. I am probably going to make it the default gui creator. On that note I do have a few things to say.

1) It seems everytime the script starts, the first time i click the top of "Program" it acts as though i have help my click down and will not release the window while dragging until i click again. Kind of odd.
2) It would be nice if your script had a gui stealer like in SmartGUI Creator.
3) It would be nice if you could edit the listings in "Program" IE:
Everything
Button1
Gui,add,Checkbox,,Checkbox
If you could edit the controls from within that window that would be sweet.
4)And I think the last suggestion for atleast now. When right clicking to add something could you do a preview and be able to select where it goes using the mouse? like in SmartGUI Creator.
5) undo IE ctrl+z
6) Allow resizing of window "Program"

Also If you want to, I would be willing to help make gui's for the adding commands. IE when you click add button a gui would pop up with all the possible options of a button. Thoughts?

Awesome script!

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts

Will do. I am probably going to make it the default gui creator. On that note I do have a few things to say.

1) It seems everytime the script starts, the first time i click the top of "Program" it acts as though i have help my click down and will not release the window while dragging until i click again. Kind of odd.
2) It would be nice if your script had a gui stealer like in SmartGUI Creator.
3) It would be nice if you could edit the listings in "Program" IE:
Everything
Button1
Gui,add,Checkbox,,Checkbox
If you could edit the controls from within that window that would be sweet.
4)And I think the last suggestion for atleast now. When right clicking to add something could you do a preview and be able to select where it goes using the mouse? like in SmartGUI Creator.
5) undo IE ctrl+z
6) Allow resizing of window "Program"

Also If you want to, I would be willing to help make gui's for the adding commands. IE when you click add button a gui would pop up with all the possible options of a button. Thoughts?

Awesome script!

Ok, I have #1 sorted out and uploaded.
#2 I will work on that. It was something that I was going to work on but never got around to it.
#3 As far as editing the control from the Programs window what sort of information would you want to edit? Did you want to have it bring up the editor to add g-labels and variables or did you want something else?
#4 I would suggest bringing up the right click menu and click on "Auto move after create". If that is not what you had in mind please go a bit more into detail.
#5 Undo....that will take some time. I will do what I can to work on it but I can not make any promises.
#6 The Programs window can now be re-sized and it will remember the last position of the Programs window.

I may need some more info on the last point you had made about popup for possible options for controls.

Thank you for your kind words and for the new stuff to work on :)

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts
Changed:
-Program window can now be resized and it will remember the last size of the window when you re-open the program
Fixed:
-Mouse was not releasing when you would click the program window. Thank you KooKsTeR
Fixed:
-When adding Listview controls to a Tab control it would cause an error. Hopefully I have resolved that issue.
Fixed:
-I changed a variable in one part of the script and forgot to change it in another. Was causing all of the controls to be called Button1.

Morpheus
  • Members
  • 475 posts
I too have been wishing that there was an undo button. It might be as simple as using 'Copy GUI to Clipboard', and if CTRL-Z is hit to use 'New GUI From Clipboard', saving to a variable other than ClipBoard. Just my $.02

The options popup would be great!

KooKsTeR
  • Members
  • 157 posts

#3 As far as editing the control from the Programs window what sort of information would you want to edit? Did you want to have it bring up the editor to add g-labels and variables or did you want something else?

I think it would be cool if we coud just edit the straight string. the:
Gui,add,text,,Button

#4 I would suggest bringing up the right click menu and click on "Auto move after create". If that is not what you had in mind please go a bit more into detail.

lol oops

#5 Undo....that will take some time. I will do what I can to work on it but I can not make any promises.

Just use Morpheus's idea. As you make changes copy what the gui was before to a variable. and as people undo just reload the previous.

I may need some more info on the last point you had made about popup for possible options for controls.

Ok. You know when you click add button. You get a input box asking for the control label. What I was thinking was having something like this popup instead:
Gui,add,Checkbox,x19 y39 w200 h20,Make this button the "default" button.
Gui,add,Edit,x19 y69 w120 h20
Gui,add,Text,x149 y69 w63 h13,Button name.
Gui,add,Edit,x19 y99 w120 h20
Gui,add,Text,x149 y99 w112 h13,Target label to execute.
Gui,add,Checkbox,x19 y19 w230 h20,Prevent text wrapping of the button name.
Gui,show,x657 y753 w287 h134
return

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts
These are all great ideas KooKsTeR and Morpheus. I will work on the undo shortly.

I think I have #3 sorted out. Whenever you click on the string in the programs window it will bring up the Edit Options dialog.

The problem with just editing all of the information is that if anything else gets changed other than adding the options is that it would not update the controls labels in the main window. I might be able to do that at a later time, Not every control can be changed in the same way, but I will put that on the back burner. I am more interested in getting an undo system working.

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts
Added:
-Undo. Not perfect and I need feedback. Let me know if it works for you.
Added:
-Undo works with hotkeys, double click, control click, and right click anywhere in the creator window
Changed:
-Made it so that when you load a saved gui or start a new gui it will clear out the undo list.

KooKsTeR
  • Members
  • 157 posts
wow that undo list is very impressive!! Well its official your gui creator is better than SmartGUI Creator. Also the source of SmartGUI Creator is open so if you need ideas for the stealer, you can find it here:
<!-- m -->https://ahknet.autoh... ... ource.html<!-- m -->