Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

Tap, tap a Song !

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:

The Song Tapper is a new way to search for music, by tapping the rhythm of the song's melody.

Do you ever have the annoying situation where there is a song stuck in your head, and you don't know the name of it? With luck, and with your help, this web site will try to solve this problem!

http://www.songtapper.com

Why I've no doubt that Laszlo will be able to write a Song2Tap-Converter :wink:

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Would it work out to take peaks from eg. WinAmps Equilizer to identify those tap position within a song ? A kind of tap recognition ???
What about an ... (now let's use a tricky low level psycho keyword method to trap/connect a guy like Laszlo to that topic :wink:) ... Algorithm ?!!! :lol:

Greg
  • Members
  • 245 posts
  • Last active: Jun 02 2006 05:39 PM
If you already have the song, why bother trying to record "the peaks" to search for the song? It would be recursive, but completely pointless when the input and output are always the same.

Perhaps you missed the point of the search engine? The concept is to find out the name of a song when you can only think of how it goes (ie its rhythm).

You flame me when I ask for help in, according to you, the wrong forum. And then you make completely stupid posts like this that shouldn't belong in any forum. [/rant]

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2012 10:09 PM
Cool down, Greg. :-)

I never saw BoBo flaming somebody, IIRC he is always polite and with tact when pointing out "wrong forum section" or "useless title". And we do too, because we feel we must educate users for a more agreable forum.

Now, indeed, perhaps this topic belongs more to the General Chat section than to the Utilities & Resources one.
Well, this is a resource, but hardly a programming one or a "utility" (more a facility :-) ).

Beside that, I didn't visited the given site, but I find the concept amusing and if it is accurate, the technological feat is impressive: it must cope with fuzziness, as most customers are not professional percussionists...
It reminds me of the "hum that song on your phone" service...
Posted Image vPhiLho := RegExReplace("Philippe Lhoste", "^(\w{3})\w*\s+\b(\w{3})\w*$", "$1$2")

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Greg wrote:

And then you make completely stupid posts like this that shouldn't belong in any forum.

@ Greg. If you would check out the source/link you'd see that the topic isn't indeed stupid at all. It deals with a fraction of AI. I accept your opinion about me and I leave it to the crowd to rate the post/its topic.

Greg wrote:

If you already have the song, why bother trying to record "the peaks" to search for the song? It would be recursive, but completely pointless when the input and output are always the same.

The SongTapper currently recognizes 13764 songs.
You can teach our system a new song! Simply tap the new song and tell us the name after you tap.

@ Greg. Hopefully that makes sense to you. As PhiLho mentioned correctly: "as most customers are not professional percussionists".