Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Minus - Drag n Drop Image/File Sharing

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic
minus
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Last active: Feb 03 2012 12:46 AM
Hi!

My name is John, co-founder of a simple image and file sharing platform startup based in NY.

Would love to have everyone try <!-- m -->http://Minus.com<!-- m -->

Please let me know your thoughts and feedback :)

What can you do with Minus?

- Store up to 50 GB of files
- Upload files up to 2 GB
- Remote Upload from the Web
- Capture Screenshots of Websites
- Browse images, music, videos, documents and more
- Apps on Android, iOS, Desktop, Chrome and Firefox:
<!-- m -->http://minus.com/pages/tools<!-- m -->
- Add Effects to Photos on Website, Android and iPhone
- Capture desktop screenshots on Minus Desktop App

<!-- m -->http://john.minus.com<!-- m --> (me)

Cheers

[Moved from General Chat]

minus
  • Members
  • 5 posts
Hope the mods will keep this thread open.
I will be here to answer any questions/feedback !

Mickers
  • Members
  • 1239 posts
  • Last active: Sep 25 2015 03:03 PM
This looks interesting. :)

PossibleSpamAlert
  • Guests
  • Last active:
At best in the wrong category (move to util), but I suggest to remove it, no need for advertisments here.

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1317 posts
  • Last active: Dec 05 2016 10:14 PM
Minus gets my approval! Awesome website, awesome Windows application, some very fancy stuff. I might use it, I might even get dependant on it. Great job.

codybear
  • Members
  • 600 posts
  • Last active: Feb 09 2015 12:41 PM
It seems pretty legit. I'll definitely check this out tomorrow when I wake up and give it a thorough try. Sounds like a pretty useful and possible dropbox replacement.

Edit: Except for the fact that the website is down. LOL
Disclaimer: I'm not an expert by any means; I just try to help out where I can.

minus
  • Members
  • 5 posts

At best in the wrong category (move to util), but I suggest to remove it, no need for advertisments here.

Thanks!! Appreciate it

This looks interesting. :)

Glad to hear. Give it a try and like to hear some suggestions/feedback!

Minus gets my approval! Awesome website, awesome Windows application, some very fancy stuff. I might use it, I might even get dependant on it. Great job.

Thanks :) Check out the latest updates on <!-- m -->http://blog.minus.com<!-- m --> as well

Please do send us your feedback and <!-- m -->http://minus.com/pages/invite<!-- m --> your friends as well ^_^

It seems pretty legit. I'll definitely check this out tomorrow when I wake up and give it a thorough try. Sounds like a pretty useful and possible dropbox replacement.

Edit: Except for the fact that the website is down. LOL

When was it down? We didnt record any downtime. Please try again!

• Guests
  • Last active:

Thanks!! Appreciate it

You're welcome. Perhaps you want to explain why you posted here, trying to piggyback on popular forums?
(just Google blog.minus.com + forum and you'll find plenty of other forums with the same post) I see no reason to keep this thread.

BlueMe
  • Guests
  • Last active:
When someone is offering you something for free, you can politely refuse it (or you can actually don't say anything) You don't have to shout look, look .. this & that ..

To: author of post,

I've checked your offering and it seems pretty cool, any plans for email upload ?

• Guests
  • Last active:

... you can politely refuse it (or you can actually don't say anything)

I could but I chose not to, its called freedom of expression ;-)

You don't have to shout look, look .. this & that ..

I haven't shouted at all :D
I suggest you visit the website advertised here and simply ask your question there to get an answer, chances are the OP isn't interested in this forum and can't be bothered to follow this thread. Of course he will prove me wrong now by actually replying so I'm actually helping you to get an answer :D

BlueMe
  • Guests
  • Last active:
:D
Thanks for replying and for contributing on my answer :)

Yes indeed, freedom of expression, but think of it this way .. i was trying to say something more along the lines of think twice before saying/doing something. Not that I do it all the time :p

Anyway, blessings to you and have a nice day :D

• Guests
  • Last active:
The OP is prolly just some random person trying to get more Space by posting an Invite link. For every person that signs up by clicking that link he get 1GB of more space..

The blog supposedly belonging to "John" (<!-- m -->http://www.johnxie.com<!-- m -->) doesnt even mention Minus in the about. and the sites design looks like crap. You would think a CEO/CoFounder/What-the-fk-ever could design something better, instead of using a Premade Wordpress Theme But then again Minus has a pretty crappy layout too, stuff all over the place. I prefer File/Image Hosting service to show the IMAGE not a bunch of crap around it, like comments, etc

Mr JOHN, if you are reading this, and you are the CEO of Minus.com THEN FIX THE BLOODY DESIGN. It looks like crap, to much going on. Go with something like Droplr or cloudapp or something that gets to the point = THE IMAGE/FILE.

gamax92
  • Members
  • 411 posts
  • Last active: Aug 06 2013 05:00 AM
I dont like minus.

Sometimes I click on the Upload button and nothing popups allowing me to add files.

75% of the time I upload something, it will either tell me: my file is corrupted, give me a file that is corrupted, or give me a corrupted file with a .bin extension.

For example, I just tried to upload a 1,980 B file and it told me it was corrupted ...

If I press back and have already uploaded something, instead of going to the upload page, it goes back to the uploaded page.

minus
  • Members
  • 5 posts
Please do email <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> any ideas / suggestions you have, would be happy to look into them!

The OP is prolly just some random person trying to get more Space by posting an Invite link. For every person that signs up by clicking that link he get 1GB of more space..

The blog supposedly belonging to "John" (<!-- m -->http://www.johnxie.com<!-- m -->) doesnt even mention Minus in the about. and the sites design looks like crap. You would think a CEO/CoFounder/What-the-fk-ever could design something better, instead of using a Premade Wordpress Theme But then again Minus has a pretty crappy layout too, stuff all over the place. I prefer File/Image Hosting service to show the IMAGE not a bunch of crap around it, like comments, etc

Mr JOHN, if you are reading this, and you are the CEO of Minus.com THEN FIX THE BLOODY DESIGN. It looks like crap, to much going on. Go with something like Droplr or cloudapp or something that gets to the point = THE IMAGE/FILE.

minus
  • Members
  • 5 posts
That is not normal. Are you using the website to upload for all of these cases or other apps as well? If you can have more details shared, please do email <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> so we can work to resolve them!

Thanks

I dont like minus.

Sometimes I click on the Upload button and nothing popups allowing me to add files.

75% of the time I upload something, it will either tell me: my file is corrupted, give me a file that is corrupted, or give me a corrupted file with a .bin extension.

For example, I just tried to upload a 1,980 B file and it told me it was corrupted ...

If I press back and have already uploaded something, instead of going to the upload page, it goes back to the uploaded page.