Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Macro Creator v4.1.2 - Automation Tool (Recorder & Writer)

• Please log in to reply
670 replies to this topic
Pulover
  • Members
  • 1596 posts
  • Last active: Apr 06 2016 04:00 AM

How do you get it to record?

Hi, 0sync0!
I'm sorry I haven't had the time to provide some proper documentation, but I will try to create a better help with time, so feel free to ask anything.

To start recording you need to press the Record button and then press F9 to start recording and F12 to stop (these keys as well as what will be recorded can be changed in the options). I did it this way because we often want to select a window or place the mouse somewhere before actually record the macro. A traytip should be shown after you press the button, if this is not happening, please let me know.

Thanks for trying it!

Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover's Macro Creator - Automation Tool (Recorder & Script Writer) | Class_LV_Rows - Copy, Cut, Paste and Drag ListViews | Class_Toolbar - Create and modify | Class_Rebar - Adjustable GUI controls

Join the New AutoHotkey Forum!

0sync0
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Last active: Aug 07 2016 10:21 PM

To start recording you need to press the Record button and then press F9 to start recording and F12 to stop (these keys as well as what will be recorded can be changed in the options). I did it this way because we often want to select a window or place the mouse somewhere before actually record the macro.

That makes sense.

You have created an impressive program. Thanks!

Pulover
  • Members
  • 1596 posts
Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it! :D

Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover's Macro Creator - Automation Tool (Recorder & Script Writer) | Class_LV_Rows - Copy, Cut, Paste and Drag ListViews | Class_Toolbar - Create and modify | Class_Rebar - Adjustable GUI controls

Pulover
  • Members
  • 1596 posts

[*:1hufypm8]Fixed: Playback not matching variables names with less than 4 characters.
[*:1hufypm8]Remove input limits for some edit controls to allow variables.
[*:1hufypm8]'Get Control Button' now auto gets window's class.

Rodolfo U. Batista

tzills
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Last active: Oct 03 2015 08:11 AM
hi - this is my favorite macro-recorder so far! midi-support maybe?

Pulover
  • Members
  • 1596 posts

hi - this is my favorite macro-recorder so far!

Thank you very much! I've been looking a tool like this for some time, so I'm proud I could built one myself! :D

midi-support maybe?

I'm confused... You want it to record midi? How exactly? Or is it playback... can you explain that better? :?

Rodolfo U. Batista

tzills
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Last active: Oct 03 2015 08:11 AM
ahoy - I was thinking MIDI as the hotkey to trigger the event list
currently using bome's midi translator, but it is very limited. From what I've seen here it may be a very involved implementation

another less obscure feature i'd love to see is handling macro lists, so instead of just exporting them out, so you could see all your hotkeys as a list and then double click to edit! alright - gonna go mess with this some more, thanks for sharing your work

Pulover
  • Members
  • 1596 posts

ahoy - I was thinking MIDI as the hotkey to trigger the event list

I wasn't aware that this was possible! :p Will check this app and read more about, if it's interesting I will see if I can implement this feature. Thanks for the suggestion!

another less obscure feature i'd love to see is handling macro lists

Something like this is in my plans indeed, some kind of manager. But it may take some until I get the ideas sorted. In the meantime you can have more then one instance of it running to execute 2 or more macros.

P.S.: I just found some bugs, so you may want to update your version!

Rodolfo U. Batista

Pulover
  • Members
  • 1596 posts
[quote name="Version]- Fixed: Program's hotkeys being triggered when window is not active.
- Fixed: 'Duplicate' hotkey not working properly.[/quote]

Rodolfo U. Batista

• Guests
  • Last active:
I registered on this site just to praise you and your fantastic script Pulover.

Thank you, truly.

Leef_me
  • Moderators
  • 8510 posts
  • Last active: Sep 10 2015 05:50 AM

Thank you, truly.

You registered as "Guest" ??? :?

Pulover
  • Members
  • 1596 posts

Thank you, truly.

As Leef_me also noticed, I think you misunderstood the idea of "registering"... :lol:

But I'm happy to receive your positive feedback. Thank you for trying it.

Rodolfo U. Batista

Redrum
  • Guests
  • Last active:
You have written an amazing program! I have tried many similar programs, and find yours to be of great quality. When you have completed this work, from a marketing viewpoint, I might suggest talking to the right people and making money off of your work. "YOU HAVE EARNED IT!"

Pulover
  • Members
  • 1596 posts
Well, thank you very much Redrum!
I might try to create commercial softwares in the furture but the very reason that I started this project was that I couldn't find any free app that worked like this, so it shall remain as so (will accept donations, though :p ).
I'm happy that this is becoming a popular tool, and it wouldn't be possible without AHK's easy-to-learn language and the brilliant people on the forum who made the libraries that I used on it.

Rodolfo U. Batista

TomG
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Pulover - Thank you so much! This is a fabulous addition to autohotkey, and beautifully crafted. I've been using ahk for about four months and already couldn't live without it. Somehow the word needs to be gotten out about this utility - I did quite a number of google searches and just came up with a bunch of hits to tools that hadn't been updated or commented on in two years or more. This should be the first thing that comes up. I'll keep working with it and let you know if I have suggestions. Again, thanks for such a great tool!