Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

TCBrute 2 - TrueCrypt Bruteforce - password recovery

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic
IsNull
  • Moderators
  • 990 posts
  • Last active: May 15 2014 11:56 AM
Some long time ago, I started a project to help people who have forgotten their passwords of their TrueCrypt-Volume.
Now, I have reworked parts of it and proudly release the current new version of TCBrute.

As "Bruteforce" is way to slow to crack foreign volumes, this tool is only usable to recover your own, partially lost passwords. - If you can remember parts of your password, you have to generate a wordlist based upon this, and use this list to crack the Volume. There are some Tools which can generate permutations etc. of your given input.

Posted Image

TCBrute is a TrueCrypt bruteforcer. This tool is aimed at the recovery of partial forgotten passwords. The brute-force depends on a wordlist and works with multi-threaded crack action to speed things up.

• Multi threaded Operation
  • Attack TrueCrypt File-Hosted Volumes
  • Extraction of Hidden Volume Headers
  • Extraction of Device Volume Headers
  • Now much faster

Detail & Download TCBrute

It is kinda fun how many people wrote me the past time and thanked me - I didn't expect that so many people forget their passwords. Posted Image

Daddyvdub
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Jan 01 2013 10:20 PM

First, thank you for taking the time to create such a product and then share it freely. While not a novice I am also not an expert techie. I have a TC system encrypted hard drive WinXP/32 with pre-boot auth connected to a TC loaded laptop Win7/64 via USB/SATA. I can reach the target HD via TC on the laptop to try to mount it but I am not completing the connection with TCBrute. Can you help me put in the correct target address for TCBrute? I have tried every combination I can think of for the destination address. I am prepared for that, duh, moment and feel like an idiot for asking. Many thanks.

>> Prepare new crack Operation...
>> ERROR: Can't find Target Volume @ "\Device\Harddisk1\Partition2"
>> Resolve the above errors and try again. Operation aborted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Under Volumns/Select Device in TrueCrypt:

Harddisk1:                                             186GB

\Device\Harddisk1\Partition1                  1.5GB

\Device\Harddisk1\Partition2         F:     184GB

Daddyvdub
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Point of correction, drive to be cracked has Vista 32 not XP.

IsNull
  • Moderators
  • 990 posts
  • Last active: May 15 2014 11:56 AM
Dear Daddyvdub, TCBrute currently lacks support for the decryption of full volumes.

The technical reason is, that I could not find a way to read the first 512Bytes of a Volume directly without system rights / driver (Ring 0). That does not mean it is not possible, but it will take some research before I know how to do this. If I get this, volumes and also system volumes can be supported.

For anyone interested, you can see here the currently implemented volume headers:
https://github.com/I...t/VolumeHeaders

Anyway, I am running very low in time does days wink.png

Daddyvdub
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Thank you for replying. I understand being low on time. Thanks anyway, I hope you find time to finish it up. There seems to be nothing for full volumn support that is Windows based unless you want to spend $800 bucks on Passware.

Alir
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Jul 07 2015 03:14 AM

Some long time ago, I started a project to help people who have forgotten their passwords of their TrueCrypt-Volume.
Now, I have reworked parts of it and proudly release the current new version of TCBrute.

As "Bruteforce" is way to slow to crack foreign volumes, this tool is only usable to recover your own, partially lost passwords. - If you can remember parts of your password, you have to generate a wordlist based upon this, and use this list to crack the Volume. There are some Tools which can generate permutations etc. of your given input.

Detail & Download TCBrute

It is kinda fun how many people wrote me the past time and thanked me - I didn't expect that so many people forget their passwords. smile.png

What happened to the link?!

I just created an account on this site for this :p

I need software which I can use to brute force by TC container - I know some of the password