Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

What is happening with this site?

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

Poll: What is happening with this site? (81 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Poly get another person on board

1. Yes (80 votes [98.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 98.77%

2. No (1 votes [1.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Bugz000
  • Members
  • 155 posts
  • Last active: Oct 14 2015 01:03 PM

PLEASE VOTE!

I've noticed not only the quality of support has rapidly gone down - the site itself is becoming more of just a thrown-together mess of amateur prowess which is NOT what should be representing the Autohotkey community.

the new forum theme, though nice, has a cascading list of bugs which everyone is just putting up with, not only this, i've been monitoring the site uptime and hey presto we have 0.87% downtime - which is unacceptable - that's over 2 hours of downtime in the last 10 days, TWO HOURS!

http://files.bugz000...ce/AHKStats.txt

1 = online

0 = offline

2 = local network issue

i find it to be slow and unresponsive at best, and before you accuse my connection

2652627160.png

so what the f is autohotkey.com playing at?

PLEASE VOTE!

i spoke to some people and i hear that the only guy administrating the website/forum is Polyethene - yet i can count on my one hand the times i've seen him online on IRC - and even less of him actually ACTIVE - he's always busy doing work or about to leave

He is NOT active in the community

He is NOT aware of what he's doing to the community

He is NOT able to maintain the website or servers correctly

He is NOT able to maintiain a good relationship with his community

From what i've seen - and please, someone prove me wrong - Polyethene is all-but non existent in the autohotkey community yet holds all the keys to progression in the form of server/website administration!

does this not strike anyone as being a little illogical?

Polyethene - PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! get AT LEAST one active user to help you maintain the website.

i am not asking you to leave or resign - just to get another person on board because you're not doing a good enough job of it.

I'd be more than happily get on board - and i know a few other people who i can call upon for extra assistance if needs be - the main thing is we just need ONE other active person with access to the server so things can actually change for the better!

PLEASE VOTE!

[12:35] <+Atomsk> 1157 pages of members, with 20 members listed per page, should come out to be 23140 users

yet being administrated by a single person? this is not possible

it's evidently not working and something needs to change

EDIT!:

speaking to another person it seems Lexikos also has access to the server config and such - but this is not the point - the point is that whatever is in place at the moment IS NOT WORKING!

Lexikos! please do something about this!

PLEASE VOTE!

n39peTm.jpg
Hire me to write your code! (join IRC or PM me for details)

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: May 02 2019 09:16 PM

there was another user but Poly always overruled him it was a big hot mess

Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

guest3456
  • Members
  • 1704 posts
  • Last active: Nov 19 2015 11:58 AM

Polyethene - PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! get AT LEAST one active user to help you maintain the website.

i am not asking you to leave or resign - just to get another person on board because you're not doing a good enough job of it.

+1

but where have you been? this has been requested numerous times already. just super retarded to not give someone access who is actually active. if you are busy, fine, but don't leave 10k people stranded.

Bugz000
  • Members
  • 155 posts

good, some support- spread the word- there's no reason why this post can't bring recognition

n39peTm.jpg

Bugz000
  • Members
  • 155 posts

i have added a poll - please vote!

n39peTm.jpg

ErrorOnLine1
  • Members
  • 230 posts
  • Last active: Oct 05 2015 02:46 PM

deja vu

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: May 02 2019 09:16 PM

you sir are quite delusional unsure.png if you think ANY forum thread or poll are used by Poly in decision making Just look thru some of the discussions on the subject.

Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

SnowFlake_FlowSnake
  • Members
  • 845 posts
  • Last active: Jan 24 2016 05:24 PM

This problem need to be fixed , we can't have it like this for any longer!!!!!!!!confused.png

tnx, 

Bugz000

for bringing this problem up to the surface! happy.png

• Download link of my scripts on Autohotkey.com 2/10/2015 [DOWNLAND]
  • Contact Info:  https://github.com/floowsnaake //  FloowSnaake(A)gmail.com
  • IF you need Help send me a PM,Email or Post on Github

• Quote by tank  Posted 29 September 2015 - 06:14 PM

• "Eventually i will find a way to convert the DB back to PHPBB3. but i dont have the bandwidth right now. No one that has tried has had success. It is the Only way i can keep this open is if i could successfully convert it."

Andromon
  • Members
  • 129 posts
  • Last active: Jun 08 2014 12:09 PM

I'm have not really being here for a lot of time, but yes, I think something is hapenning to the forum.

I wrote a tread in offtopic asking people about their typing speed, something I don't understand why is not a good issue for discussing here, and nobody answered it, in fact few people even see it.

And list of active user is always scarce.

Spanish and just learning AHK, please be patient with me! Thank you.

Bugz000
  • Members
  • 155 posts

I'm have not really being here for a lot of time, but yes, I think something is hapenning to the forum.

I wrote a tread in offtopic asking people about their typing speed, something I don't understand why is not a good issue for discussing here, and nobody answered it, in fact few people even see it.

And list of active user is always scarce.

It's probably one of the forum bugs - like the view count - it only updates once someone posts :( so your post may say 0 views for ... a year- you bump it and suddenly all the 600+ views will show, ridiculous

n39peTm.jpg

smorgasboard
  • Members
  • 660 posts
  • Last active: Jan 14 2016 08:53 AM

i want the old theme back, it was very difficult for me to get used to that and suddenly this new theme came, it causes pain to my eye also

:might edit the post later:

Bugz000
  • Members
  • 155 posts

thanks for the support- remember

PLEASE VOTE!

n39peTm.jpg

jballi
  • Members
  • 1029 posts
  • Last active:

I've never done a "follow this topic" before.  It's not as exciting as what's going on in Boston right now but it's something...

Bugz000
  • Members
  • 155 posts

haha xD boston saga has just ended or so i heard :) so you can all focus on getting this site up to scratch! remember-

PLEASE VOTE!

n39peTm.jpg

Andromon
  • Members
  • 129 posts
  • Last active: Jun 08 2014 12:09 PM

It's probably one of the forum bugs - like the view count - it only updates once someone posts sad.png so your post may say 0 views for ... a year- you bump it and suddenly all the 600+ views will show, ridiculous

Ah ok!

I was very sad because all my threads did have 0 views :(

Spanish and just learning AHK, please be patient with me! Thank you.