Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

LaunchQ - productive all-in-one launcher

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic
A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts
  • Last active: Nov 14 2015 06:56 PM

v2.5

LaunchQ is a simple, fast , easy, productive application(s), file(s), web and folder(s) launcher.

FEATURES

• One shortcut (Shift + Z) does it all . Press it to show/hide LaunchQ GUI. This shortcut is customizable.
  • Supports unlimited number of launch items.
  • Resizable a/c your Resolution specs
  • Change Colors and transparency
  • Auto-Scrolling - Move your mouse pointer above the LaunchQ window to scroll up, below the window to scroll down OR use Mouse Wheel
  • Easy Add - Wanna add a file or folder to LaunchQ, drag it into the GUI, choose a name and you're done .
  • Easy Remove - Deleting a shortcut is even more easier. Hold a shortcut and drag it out of the the LaunchQ window .
  • Multi-Launch - Launch multiple shortcuts with a single-click. See Guide to know more.
  • Launch Web-sites too, just click on the bottom Add Web-Site button in the GUI and paste the link.
  • It can start at system start up, check for updates and get path links from temporary (Desktop) shortcuts.

gjQ5L23.jpg

17PFJ5v.jpg
MORE SCREENS

Spoiler

LINKS
Guide, Exe Links, and more
Script

Bugs are most welcome

Now a CS Undergrad. | My WebsiteAutohotkey Scripts | Softwares

Telegram me : @aviaryan

klownboy
  • Members
  • 87 posts
  • Last active: May 24 2014 11:21 AM

Hi AVI,

Very nice script - easy to use and setup.  A couple of minor comments to report:

To dismiss LaunchQ, if we decide not to launch a program after bringing it up, we currently have to use the hotkey again to close it.  It would be better and simpler to be able to click on another program or on the desktop and LaunchQ would close (i.e., close when it loses focus).

Depending on the program in the foreground before LaunchQ is activated, when closing, the "file" menu of the program is activated for a short period of time because of hitting the "alt" key along with the space key.  This could be resolved with a different hotkey combination obviously (i.e., not using "alt").

Thanks,

Ken

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Hi AVI,

Very nice script - easy to use and setup.  A couple of minor comments to report:

Thanks , grin.png

To dismiss LaunchQ, if we decide not to launch a program after bringing it up, we currently have to use the hotkey again to close it.  It would be better and simpler to be able to click on another program or on the desktop and LaunchQ would close (i.e., close when it loses focus).

Excellent Idea. Why I didnt thought of that ??unsure.png 

Depending on the program in the foreground before LaunchQ is activated, when closing, the "file" menu of the program is activated for a short period of time because of hitting the "alt" key along with the space key.  This could be resolved with a different hotkey combination obviously (i.e., not using "alt").

I see. I use Alt+Space because they are very near to each other . Shift + Z could be another alternative . 

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Version Updated to 1.5

• Changed default shortcut to Shift + Z
  • Changed LaunchQ auto-hide behaviour. (Thanks Ken)
  • Minor Bugs fixed

klownboy
  • Members
  • 87 posts
  • Last active: May 24 2014 11:21 AM

Hi AVI,

Thanks for the changes.  They work well.  One item I wanted to mention yesterday, but I lost track of it... when you open a program like Notepad or Windows Explorer, it seems like the program that just opened does not have the focus in some way or is not the active window, because it takes 2 clicks of the mouse on right corner "X" close button to actually close the window.  Why is that?  Other menu programs don't seem to behave this way, even those done in AHK.  Try opening Notepad, Paint, or Windows Explorer and see what I mean.

Thanks,

Ken

rakesh
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • Last active: May 27 2013 10:09 AM

wow, excellent .... 

Very good script . auto - scrolling is so cool.

It seems you have spent a good mind on that easy delete feature, it's amazing

Thanks

notes:

I too have to double-click to close notepad. it is not activated confused.png

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

when you open a program like Notepad or Windows Explorer, it seems like the program that just opened does not have the focus in some way or is not the active window, because it takes 2 clicks of the mouse on right corner "X" close button to actually close the window.  Why is that?  Other menu programs don't seem to behave this way, even those done in AHK.  Try opening Notepad, Paint, or Windows Explorer and see what I mean.

Is it only for Notepad, Explorer and paint and not for others ... 

As per my tests, running programs like RegMagik, KeyTweak are not having activation problems . Obviously, Notepad, Calculator and Paint (MS Stuff) are having this problem . Dont know what's going on .

wow, excellent .... 

Very good script . auto - scrolling is so cool.

It seems you have spent a good mind on that easy delete feature, it's amazing

Thanks .

Easy Remove (with Easy Add) was something which killed my mind .  

rakesh
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • Last active: May 27 2013 10:09 AM

i want to thank you oncety.gif again for this graet tool . it has replaced rocketdock for me.
it is very fast .drool.gif

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

i want to thank you oncety.gif again for this graet tool . it has replaced rocketdock for me.
it is very fast .drool.gif

Oh, Thanks a lot. grin.png

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts
  • Last active: Nov 27 2015 01:09 AM

This is very nice.

A couple suggestions/issues.

1. Click on Add Web-Site then click on Cancel does not cancel, it just preceeds to naming the shortcut if. This only happens if the edit control is not blank. But cancel should cancel anyway.

2. Add the ability to click on LaunchQ and drag the gui to a more convenient place. Or maybe create a control on the top right that allows the gui to be clicked and dragged.

This is a great program I encourage you to keep working on it. Adding features.

1. Settings to change color and transparency.

2. And maybe a little more difficult but a setting to adjust the spacing between entries.

Check out my scripts.  (MyIpChanger) (XPSnap) (SavePictureAs) All my scripts are tested on Windows 7, AutoHotkey 32 bit Ansi unless otherwise stated.

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts

Also, I don't know if this is a feature or a bug, but if I click and drag in an open area and move to right and release, it deletes every single item.

Check out my scripts.  (MyIpChanger) (XPSnap) (SavePictureAs) All my scripts are tested on Windows 7, AutoHotkey 32 bit Ansi unless otherwise stated.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

This is very nice.

Thanks

Click on Add Web-Site then click on Cancel does not cancel, it just preceeds to naming the shortcut if. This only happens if the edit control is not blank. But cancel should cancel anyway.

Issue ... I will fix that

Add the ability to click on LaunchQ and drag the gui to a more convenient place. Or maybe create a control on the top right that allows the gui to be clicked and dragged.

Good Idea (and may be easy to implement ..grin.png )

1. Settings to change color and transparency.
 2. And maybe a little more difficult but a setting to adjust the spacing between entries.

Will try ...

By the way. a setting to adjust the spacing will mean a setting to resize the window . 

Also, I don't know if this is a feature or a bug, but if I click and drag in an open area and move to right and release, it deletes every single item.

A Bug (you can call this as a feature)

I will have to look at Windows Spy to know what happens there . 

Thanks, DataLife for your feedback

I will try to fix what I can . It shouldn't take much time, provided I dont have trouble to rewrite Divide() . 

chaz
  • Members
  • 192 posts
  • Last active: Oct 01 2015 02:42 AM

What kind of shortcut is Shift+Z? What if I want to type a capital letter zed; what then?  A more appropriate shortcut would be Windows+Q (as in LaunchQ).

Find me at the other forum as timeFlies.

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts

What kind of shortcut is Shift+Z? What if I want to type a capital letter zed; what then?  A more appropriate shortcut would be Windows+Q (as in LaunchQ).

LaunchQ provides a way to change the default hotkey. Just click on the word LaunchQ on the main gui and enter a different hotkey.

Cei
  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • Last active: Oct 30 2014 03:37 PM

Would be nice if we could have the ability to adjust the GUI where is it at like DataLife said.

Also if you can, add a Menu when right clicking the GUI for a list of options, since I'm more used to that rather than just clicking the title.

Options might include:

- Ability to choose whether it will disappear upon clicking outside the GUI or not.

- Ability to change the GUI's colors or Font (more advance I suppose).

- Ability to resize the GUI.

- Ability to choose to show Tooltip or not (it's kind of bugging me a bit, but it's not a big deal tho.)

It's just my opinion tho, you don't have to.