Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

WhatColor v4.60e - A Must For ColorBlinds Using PC.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic
Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Although it's easy for you, me, and other heavy ahk users to update our scripts, the thing that bothers me is the more typical users who download an update 3 months from now but don't read the large amount of accumulated changes in the changelog. They then wonder why all their pixel scripts are broken. Or worse: why their pixel scripts go crazy and click on the wrong objects entirely, possibly causing who-knows-what to happen.

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Thought that the Pix command could work based on a default directive (if no other has been set).

#PixBGR (default)
#PixRGB
#PixHex
etc.

So no existing script would have to be changed as all of them lacking non-default directives.

Thx Chris.

8)

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
I understand #PixRGB, but not #PixHex. The hex format is already in effect in the latest version, which leaves only two formats: RGB (used by SplashImage and Gui) and BGR (used by Window Spy, PixelGetColor and PixelSearch).

I haven't heard any good reasons yet for adding #PixRGB. If it were added, it might call for Window Spy to diplay both formats, which would make it more confusing for beginners.

If you have a strong preference for RGB format, please describe your reasons (such being able to interact with HTML colors). Thanks.