Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Syntax highlighting support for Eclipse,FAR man and others

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic
jonib
  • Members
  • 75 posts
  • Last active: Feb 18 2017 04:44 PM

Long time passed by...

jonib, PhiLho, anyone of you still (or again) working on this?
@jonib: Could you provide a working link to your AHKColorer.zip? The link given here is somewhat outdated... :-(

Best regards,
Rob

Nice to see you again :D

I have restored the bad links and I am working on a updated version I just have to update the installer.

Maybe today.

jonib
  • Members
  • 75 posts
I have updated the first post with new version and new info.

All Colorer versions ware updated 24 Nov 2006
And there is an experimental build of EclipseColorer: 0.8.0 posted 8 March 2007

New in EclipseColorer:
Folding, Annotations, line word wrapping, extended preferences and many other improvements.

jonib
  • Members
  • 75 posts
I have updated the first post with an updated version of the installer that checks that AutoHotkey is installed.

RobOtter
  • Members
  • 133 posts
  • Last active: Jul 24 2014 11:29 AM
Hi jonib,

many thanks for your quick reply! The new EclipseColorer functionality sounds very promising - I might have the time this evening to try it out along with your current work.

After a long time of inactivity, I would highly appreciate any more efforts on this topic since it came to my mind again yesterday when a guy in another forum asked for an Eclipse editor.
I would like to point out that I am more than willing to help you and possibly other people to create a good and helpful editor for AHK - within the small borders of my knowledge of creating Eclipse plugins and the limited amount of spare time I have.

Although it may seem to some people that the Eclipse IDE is quite oversized for AHK scripts, we guys from the german forum of ac´tivAid definitely have a need for it since ac´tivAid is a semi-large framework for modulized Windows tools written in AHK. With the help of a somewhat professional editor, developing a semi-professional tool would be much easier.

Greetings,
Rob

RobOtter
  • Members
  • 133 posts
  • Last active: Jul 24 2014 11:29 AM
@jonib:
Could you please roughly explain the differences between basic and advanced mode? The only diff I discovered until now is that in advanced mode, the outliner consumes nearly all CPU time and never gets finished :-(
I can reproduce this behavior with Eclipse 3.2 and 3.3M5eh, running Java 5_11.
I am very happy with the outliner (basic mode of course), it recognizes correctly all functions and subs and jumps correctly to the correct place when clicking on a function in outline window.
As from what I have seen in a rough check, syntax highlighting seem to be correct also. Great!

One other question: Is there a difference in EclipseColorer´s editors "Colorer" and "Colorer (Script)" (can´t remember exactly, something similar)? Which one should I chose for editing AHK files? From the options view, they seem to be the same.

jonib
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Could you please roughly explain the differences between basic and advanced mode?

Try my SyntaxTest.ahk script in basic and advanced mode and you should see some differences.
What is in Advanced mode but not in basic:
continuationSection is highlighted better.
Some Directives have specific syntax highlighting (#SingleInstance) more to come.
Brackets "(){}[]" have more advanced highlighting and function.
Same keywords have specific syntax highlighting (msgbox,return,StringSplit,StringReplace,send,FileAppend,IfInString,IfNotInString) more to come.
And when something works fast and correct in advanced mode I might put it in basic mode also.

The only diff I discovered until now is that in advanced mode, the outliner consumes nearly all CPU time and never gets finished :-(
I can reproduce this behavior with Eclipse 3.2 and 3.3M5eh, running Java 5_11.

I think I have fixed the "All CPU usage" problem, I had to remove a feature I'm working on, I have uploaded a new version.

I am very happy with the outliner (basic mode of course), it recognizes correctly all functions and subs and jumps correctly to the correct place when clicking on a function in outline window.
As from what I have seen in a rough check, syntax highlighting seem to be correct also. Great!

Nice, but more testing is needed.

One other question: Is there a difference in EclipseColorer´s editors "Colorer" and "Colorer (Script)" (can´t remember exactly, something similar)? Which one should I chose for editing AHK files? From the options view, they seem to be the same.

I'm sorry but I don't know if there is a difference, I'm using Eclipse 3.1.2 and only have "Colorer Scripts Editor" maybe I will update.

urlwolf
  • Members
  • 150 posts
  • Last active: Feb 26 2012 07:56 PM
Ok, I have installed colorer and ran the installer provided here.

No ahk files are highlighted.

Anything I need to do after installing? I've no experience with eclipse. Thanks

jonib
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Ok, I have installed colorer and ran the installer provided here.

No ahk files are highlighted.

Anything I need to do after installing? I've no experience with eclipse. Thanks

Hi urlwolf

It seems in newer Eclipse versions you need to add Autohotkey file type in settings, I have updated the first post in this thread with new info:

Update: In newer Eclipse versions you need to add "*.ahk" file-type in menu "Window -> Preferences... -> General -> Editors -> FileAssociations" and specify an "Colorer Editor" associated editor.
And when opening a .AHK file check that Eclipse is using a Colorer editor.

• Guests
  • Last active:
This eclipse syntax+plugin works great.
I think this could be the beginning of building an IDE for ahk, taking advantage of Eclipse.

Things that I'd like to see implemented:

go to function definition (F3) even if it's in a different file
error capturing and redirection to proper line numberintegrated help (e.g., F1 takes you to the function pageRun current script
etc.

But I think those may be minor problems...
I managed to do all those but the first one in vim, but I have no clue about Eclipse :) so I could only help testing the thing....[/list][/list]

guestWolf
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I think this could be the beginning of building an IDE for ahk, taking advantage of Eclipse.

go to function definition (F3) even if it's in a different file
error capturing and redirection to proper line numberintegrated help (e.g., F1 takes you to the function pageRun current script
etc.

I managed to do all those but the first one in vim, but I have no clue about Eclipse :) so I could only help testing the thing....[/list][/list]

jonib
  • Members
  • 75 posts

I'm glad it works great, if there is anything with the highlighting that don't work or you want added just ask and I'll see what I can do.

go to function definition (F3) even if it's in a different fileerror capturing and redirection to proper line numberintegrated help (e.g., F1 takes you to the function pageRun current scriptetc.

I managed to do all those but the first one in vim, but I have no clue about Eclipse :) so I could only help testing the thing....[/list]

I don't use Eclipse other then to test my syntax highlighting so I wouldn't be able to help other then with highlighting. :wink:
I use FAR manager and I managed to do all but the first also.

jonib

• Guests
  • Last active:

And finally my AutoHotkey support:
[...]
ColorerInstall012.exe:
OR
AHKColorer012.zip
[...]

Would you mind to host (minimum a copy of) your files at https://ahknet.autohotkey.com ?

jonib
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Would you mind to host (minimum a copy of) your files at https://ahknet.autohotkey.com ?

Why?
I'll look in to it, I'm going to update the syntax highlighter soonish, I'll consider putting a release in https://ahknet.autohotkey.com when I do so.

jonib