Inspired by Rajat's Context Sensitive Help which provides instant help for Ahk in any editor, this is my version.
What's more is that there are now 2 more scripts in this series, --
- Universal Coding Assistant - Provides F1 Help for any programming language in any editor
- Html+Css Coding Assistant - Provides F1 Help for HTML+CSS in any editor
- Ahk Coding Assistant - Provides F1 Help for our AHK in any editor and too almost accurately
As the script is presented in a function-oriented form, you can easily swap between prog languages and disable the help when needed
Also note that these scripts don't provide the stereotype word-based help but do smart searching for real keywords and provide help according to them.
- Put your cursor on the "PID" in the code. You will get the help for Run, not for PIDRun, x, y, z, PID
- Put your cursor near HTML in the following code. You get help for <strong> not for HTML.<strong>What if CSS gives more style to HTML hh </strong>
Same is for all languages which you can very easily describe in the Universal Coding Assistant .
- Please note that this is a universal edition and works on all languages and editors. It is definitely possible to make a better/faster script but that will be limited to a single editor and language.
- For the Universal Edition, please follow the comments inside the script and see the language examples for HTML, CSS and Ahk (If I would have known more languages, I would have added them )
Using Ahk Helper
- Download the script and run it.
- Then open your favorite editor and open an autohotkey script in it.
- Keep the caret (text-insertion cursor) on the keyword and press F1.
- Autohotkey.chm should show up with the matched keyword active.
- To change F1 shortcut, edit the configure section in script.
Download Help chm file for (HTML+CSS)
Please note that the universal helper script requires the help file (chm) of a language to show help through . Search Google to get the file.
The Ahk Helper script will automatically find Autohotkey.chm file from AutoHotkey path.