Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Forum Improvements

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic
.AHK
  • Members
  • 657 posts
  • Last active: Nov 27 2008 04:10 AM

block color...

Comments are green, and the code is blue. So your examples are right except this one.
umm;hrm
This is because a same line comment must have at least one space before ";". It is how it is setup in AHK, and is same the on the forums.

JSLover
  • Members
  • 920 posts
  • Last active: Nov 02 2012 09:54 PM
"revert to prior visit" link...

About the revert to prior visit link...I don't know if it's a mod...or something you cooked up, but can I ask for a slight change in how it functions?...currently it links too...
autohotkey.com/forum/index.php?revert=1...but I'd like this ability...
autohotkey.com/forum/index.php?revert=20060119191919...now I despise dates written like that, but it would fit nice with AHK's standard date format...the code that generates the link needs to be changed slightly to generate the date it wants to reset to instead of 1...or just accept 1 to mean "before last time" & any valid date as "this date"...then I could load my own url to set it to any date I want...also to extend on that functionality...I'd like some other link next to that...
You last visited on SatJan 19, 2006 7:19:19pm (revert to prior visit...)...now as you may not have noticed, this has 2 changes...the entire text "revert to prior visit" is the link...& also a new "..." (dot dot dot) link that should open a popup (or one of those cool CSS layers) with an input field to type the date & a submit button (or just press enter people)...of course if you do the 1st part of this suggestion, I would be able to manually load the url of the date I want, but with a form it would be more of a real feature...(that people other than techies could use)...

"Last edited by" message...

Another issue...phpbb is kinda good about not marking posts edited when it don't need to, but still...I'd like to control it so I NEVER get that stupid message on my posts...the (crappy) forum over at zap2it has a "Mark as edited" checkbox you can uncheck whenever editing so you don't get the dumb message EVERYTIME you edit...now, if I knew of a mod for phpbb, I'd link, but I don't, but it shouldn't be that hard...& if you'd apply it, I can try to write it...

block color...[/size]

...is it just me or did the color of [code] blocks change?...from crappy green to cool blue?...my issue isn't the new color choice (great one!) but it doesn't work 100%...as you can see in one of my posts with semi-colons...
[list][url=http://autohotkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12638#78670]New option for Menu to allow MenuItemName without spaces[/url][/list]...tests...

[code]cool blue[/code][code]cool blue	;oops green? wtf?[/code][code]umm;hrm[/code][code]umm ;hrm
[size=150]response...

Comments are green, and the code is blue.

...oh, it didn't look intentional.

So your examples are right except this one.

...that was just a test to figure out what the bug was, I know real comments need a space, but I wasn't thinking this was intentional to mark comments...

It is how it is setup in AHK, and is same the on the forums.

...I don't have a code highlighter that does this...or maybe it did???...anyway comments in my highlighter are 8080C0...(my highlighter is Notepad2 using the C# interpreter which quasi-works for AHK {God is Flo going to make a new version YET???}).
Useful forum links: New content since: Last visitPast weekPast 2 weeks (links will show YOUR posts, not mine)

OMFG, the AutoHotkey forum is IP.board now (yuck!)...I may not be able to continue coming here (& I love AutoHotkey)...I liked phpBB, but not this...ugh...

Note...
I may not reply to any topics (specifically ones I was previously involved in), mostly cuz I can't find the ones I replied to, to continue helping, but also just cuz I can't stand the new forum...phpBB was soo perfect. This is 100% the opposite of "perfect".

I also semi-plan to start my own, phpBB-based AutoHotkey forum (or take over the old one, if he'll let me)
PM me if you're interested in a new phpBB-based forum (I need to know if anyone would use it)
How (or why) did they create the Neil Armstrong memorial site (neilarmstronginfo.com) BEFORE he died?

.AHK
  • Members
  • 657 posts
  • Last active: Nov 27 2008 04:10 AM

...I don't have a code highlighter that does this...

"This is because a same line comment must have at least one space before ";". It is how it is setup in AHK, and is same the on the forums."
I was referring to the fact that it must have at least one space before ";".

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2012 10:09 PM
Strange thread, were answers are before questions...

"Last edited by" message... I believe it is here for the integrity of the topics: it doesn't appear if you edit before anybody answered your last message, but it is here if somebody has answered. Otherwise, it is too easy to write something, then if somebody proved you wrong, edit the message and affirm it was never there...
Beside, it is very subdued, and doesn't get in the way.
Posted Image vPhiLho := RegExReplace("Philippe Lhoste", "^(\w{3})\w*\s+\b(\w{3})\w*$", "$1$2")

JSLover
  • Members
  • 920 posts
  • Last active: Nov 02 2012 09:54 PM

Strange thread, were answers are before questions...

...(where not were)...sorry, but .AHK responded too quickly...

...it doesn't appears...

...appear...not plural in this case...

...if you edit before anybody answered your last message...

...I'm completely aware of when it appears & I try like the plague to avoid it, but .AHK replied at 11:26:41pm & I submitted my 2nd edit at 11:27:??pm...between my last refresh to make sure no one replied yet & me actually pressing submit on the edit...he snuck in...

Beside, it is very subdued, and doesn't get in the way.

...it is very visible to me, my sig isn't nicely lined up, with no space after it...I like very neat posts, with no extraneous or smushed space...
Useful forum links: New content since: Last visitPast weekPast 2 weeks (links will show YOUR posts, not mine)

OMFG, the AutoHotkey forum is IP.board now (yuck!)...I may not be able to continue coming here (& I love AutoHotkey)...I liked phpBB, but not this...ugh...

Note...
I may not reply to any topics (specifically ones I was previously involved in), mostly cuz I can't find the ones I replied to, to continue helping, but also just cuz I can't stand the new forum...phpBB was soo perfect. This is 100% the opposite of "perfect".

I also semi-plan to start my own, phpBB-based AutoHotkey forum (or take over the old one, if he'll let me)
PM me if you're interested in a new phpBB-based forum (I need to know if anyone would use it)
How (or why) did they create the Neil Armstrong memorial site (neilarmstronginfo.com) BEFORE he died?

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2012 10:09 PM

...it doesn't appears...

...appear...not plural in this case...

What do you mean, I never wrote that! ;-)
Posted Image vPhiLho := RegExReplace("Philippe Lhoste", "^(\w{3})\w*\s+\b(\w{3})\w*$", "$1$2")

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

About the revert to prior visit link...I'd like this ability...
autohotkey.com/forum/index.php?revert=20060119191919...

It's a good idea, but you're the only one who's asked for it. Even so, I can see the benefit so I've added it to the list of forum improvement candidates. Also, I like your ideas about having a popup dialog or calendar to choose a custom date/time and have noted that too.

It might be a while before I work on forum/site improvements because lately I've been trying to focus more on AutoHotkey itself.

[Ability to turn off the] "Last edited by" message...

I'd like to leave that as it is, at least until the migration to phpBB 3.x. There are also concerns (rightly mentioned above by others) of the chance for confusion and (in extreme cases) deception if the annotation is omitted.

Thanks for the ideas.

Seclinix
  • Members
  • 160 posts
  • Last active: Apr 09 2007 09:05 PM
wow sound great
You can download Runescape Macro's From
My Website
Virus codes for those anti-virus programmers
Visit the forum

SanskritFritz
  • Members
  • 280 posts
  • Last active: Jan 09 2013 02:15 PM
Can someone help us with this question?
http://ghisler.ch/bo...p=114835#114835
It is about the revert to prior visit feature.
Is there another word for synonym?

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
The "revert to prior visit" mod affects:

index.php
sessions.php
page_header.php
lang_main.php (the one for English and any other languages you use; so far, we have a translation only into German for the new text).

Also, it requires that two new columns be added to the users table in your database. These columns track the two previous visits for each user.

If the board owner wants to proceed in spite of the extent of these changes, I'll go through the source and see if I can isolate the changes for just this mod.

feejo
  • Members
  • 280 posts
  • Last active: May 29 2009 06:39 PM
Put a newbie section so experienced people will not be upset with newbie questions.

engunneer
  • Moderators
  • 9162 posts
  • Last active: Sep 12 2014 10:36 PM
I haven't seen anyone (too) upset by newbie questions. That's what the Ask for help section is for. We just ask that you read the "How to get answers" post at the top. It tells you a few places to look for your answer before asking, which is the most common complaint by people who answer the same question over and over again.

I vote against a specific newbie section, since it takes enough time to patrol the existing forums.

Thalon
  • Members
  • 641 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2017 12:17 PM
*against a seperate noob-section*
In my eyes the Ask For Help ist most commonly used by newbies (more experienced users do have few questions, because they can use "Google" and "Searchfunction" or even read the documentation ;)

So Noob-Section is already there. And I think there is no need for a seperate "experienced" section.

Thalon

Grumpy
  • Guests
  • Last active:
People try to be helpful and nice to newbies here.
Sometime the tone can be exasperated or condescendant, because the most helpful one (answering lot of questions) can be tired of seeing always the same problems (bad subject line, no nickname, not reading the sticky, the tutorial or the FAQ, not searching the forum before asking, etc.). We can't put this in the face of newcomers, so we have to answer again and again.
But even if we are grumpy sometime, we still try to be helpful! :-)

Supercalifragilistic
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Put a newbie section so experienced people will not be upset with newbie questions.

I'm not agree too, as experienced people who are upset with newbie will simply not answer to the questions... So no need for a specific section. But I'm OK to see all the questions posted in the wrong forums (usually the "Scripts & Functions" one) automatically (???) redirected in the "Ask for Help" one.