Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

Redirect stdin, stdout and stderr [GUI]

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic
PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2012 10:09 PM
Isn't CmdRet supposed to do that? I never looked at it, actually.
I have also at hand the code of SciTE which is able to run a command, eg. a grep or a compiler, and to display the result in the console window...
I don't know how high this feature is in the ToDo list, but I think that someday, Chris should build this in AutoHotkey itself.
Of course, providing ready-to-use code for this could help, too...
Posted Image vPhiLho := RegExReplace("Philippe Lhoste", "^(\w{3})\w*\s+\b(\w{3})\w*$", "$1$2")

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:

[Redirecting an arbitrary Console's Input/Output]

By nickadams.

To redirect the input/output of a console application is interesting and useful. You can display the child's output in a window (just like Visual Studio's output window), or search some keywords in the output string to determine if the child process has completed its work successfully. An old, 'ugly' DOS program could become an useful component of your fancy Win32 GUI program.

My idea is to develop a simple, easy to use redirector class which can redirect an arbitrary console, and won't be affected by the behavior of the child process.

With source code [C++]

I can't see why such a feature shouldn't be implemeted within AHK, right ? :wink:

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

I think that someday, Chris should build this in AutoHotkey itself.
Of course, providing ready-to-use code for this could help, too...

CmdRet functionality is planned but hasn't been implemented because there always seems to be something higher priority (at the moment, v2 seems higher priority). So if we ever get another developer on staff, this would be a good candidate to work on.

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Time to have a C++Jonny-Poll ? :D