A command to know the coordinates of a mouse click

Propose new features and changes
wetware05

A command to know the coordinates of a mouse click

27 Aug 2022, 16:02

Hi.

Just as there is a command to know the position of the mouse MouseGetPos, there should be the same to know where the mouse has been clicked. I have to resort to subterfuge (create a keyboard shortcut with LButton, and use the MouseGetPos command, imprecise, since there is a certain time lapse where the position may have changed and It does not always fit within the scripts to resort to this "artifice"), when I think there should be a command. A good example of this need is to train people with motor problems and in recovery, to see how close one of their clicks is to what is expected.
swagfag

Re: A command to know the coordinates of a mouse click

28 Aug 2022, 05:33

implementing this would require installing a mouse hook as soon as the script launches even if ure not going to use it, which may be undesirable in most cases
have to resort to subterfuge
aka what normal people would call "coding a solution to a problem"
there is a certain time lapse
i doubt that ever happens as long as ure running SetBatchLines -1 (and if ure not, a more pertinent question is why arent u?)
wetware05

Re: A command to know the coordinates of a mouse click

28 Aug 2022, 10:37

I understand your views, swagfag. Every problem requires a solution and understanding why the problem occurs. That is why the question "why is it not there" is pertinent. In all ways, to ask, not to stay. Another possibility of such a command is to know how long the person has kept the mouse pressed, also to measure their psycho-motor, muscle and brain status.

Reissued.
It occurred to me later... To get philosophical: why does the mouse hook or SetBatchLines -1 exist, if not for this type of case?

Return to “Wish List”