FileInstall support for variables in Source parameter

Propose new features and changes
2_05

FileInstall support for variables in Source parameter

16 Sep 2022, 03:19

As of v1.1.30.01, the compiler supports a wide range of variables in the parameter for #include.
Is it possible to expand this to the Source parameter for the FileInstall command as well?

E.g. I include some files in my script which I reference to using variables. Within these included files I use FileInstall to include certain files that are in a sub-directory relative to the included file. For me it would make most to reference to the source of these files using %A_LineFile%. This guarantees that when I want to include the same file in a different script, the FileInstall command inside these includes files still finds the correct files.

Now I have to rely on either the relative path relative to the main script location or the absolute path. The relative path differs for different scripts, the absolute path is likely to break at some point when decide to move my autohotkey top parent folder, when I reorganize my files or when I zip my whole ahk directory and want to share it with someone else who uses a different directory to unzip the files.

Support for A_LineFile in de Source parameter of the FIleInstall command is what I want to use most, but the other variables might be supported as well so it's consistent with #include parameters.

Return to “Wish List”